News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Been a fun few days in Pakistan

Started by 71charger_fan, September 23, 2012, 11:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71charger_fan

All I can say is, holy crap, I miss being in America. After a year and a half in this place, I think I've yet to see the limit to how nuts it can get. Although, I hope it doesn't get any worse than this past week, at least while I have to be here. Danger pay's nice, but I'm seriously starting to question whether it's worth it.

mrsskip68

What are you doing over there? Get the hell out! Definatly not worth it!  :rotz:

b5blue

Thank you for our freedom and your service to our country, your safety is in my prayers!  :2thumbs: I doubt many locals truly understand why you are there or what true freedom even is. Can we send you anything?  :scratchchin:   

Tilar

Quote from: b5blue on September 23, 2012, 12:23:26 PM
 Thank you for our freedom and your service to our country, your safety is in my prayers!  :2thumbs: I doubt many locals truly understand why you are there or what true freedom even is. Can we send you anything?  :scratchchin:  

Yeah, like a new Commander in Chief that actually cares for the Men and Women that serve our country?  Y'all are in our prayers.  
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

JB400

Thanks for your service. :2thumbs: Unfortunately, someone has to do it.  If the idiots over here would quit getting the muslims riled up, and we get a better CiC, you and everyone else will have it a lot easier.  Hope you get to come home soon.  There's family, friends, and a Mopar waiting on ya. :2thumbs:

4cruzin

Stay safe and come home still breathing!    :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

bull

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 23, 2012, 02:47:52 PM
Thanks for your service. :2thumbs: Unfortunately, someone has to do it.  If the idiots over here would quit getting the muslims riled up, and we get a better CiC, you and everyone else will have it a lot easier.  Hope you get to come home soon.  There's family, friends, and a Mopar waiting on ya. :2thumbs:

Stop getting them riled up? When were they not riled up? I swear, if someone sneezes in the general direction of a Muhammad likeness, someone is going to get killed, beheaded, dismembered, or all of the above. The jackwad thugs carrying this stuff out are getting coached by their clerics. That video no one has seen is not a reason, it's an excuse.

chargerboy69

Are you in the service?  I know a couple guys here assumed you were, but if you are in Pakistan, I did not think we had any military there, . . . . . . . well  ;).  I know one of my close friends brother is working in Kuwait.  Could not find a job here, and the pay there is huge. Packed up his wife and kids and moved.

Either way, service or civilian please be careful.  

Quote from: b5blue on September 23, 2012, 12:23:26 PM
 Thank you for our freedom and your service to our country, your safety is in my prayers!  :2thumbs: I doubt many locals truly understand why you are there or what true freedom even is. Can we send you anything?  :scratchchin:  

Maybe a 1000 rounds of Lake City 223.  :icon_smile_big:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

twodko

Quote from: bull on September 23, 2012, 07:54:20 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 23, 2012, 02:47:52 PM

Stop getting them riled up? When were they not riled up? I swear, if someone sneezes in the general direction of a Muhammad likeness, someone is going to get killed, beheaded, dismembered, or all of the above. The jackwad thugs carrying this stuff out are getting coached by their clerics. That video no one has seen is not a reason, it's an excuse.

Agree. The tragedy here is we trained the first gen of these f**ks (read Charlie India alpha - sov Afganistan et al) now we're paying the price. Seems all it takes in those parts is one "religious leader" to say rampage and off they
go. It's more than ideology its out of control no moderation living a thousand years ago zealotry.  :Twocents:

Come home safe..........many of my brothers/sisters didn't for similar crap.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

71charger_fan

I'm just a garden variety commo and IT guy, but one of the few folks that has to stay at work after everyone else has been sent home.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 71charger_fan on September 23, 2012, 09:58:09 PM
I'm just a garden variety commo and IT guy, but one of the few folks that has to stay at work after everyone else has been sent home.

Welcome to Dell how may I help you?   :icon_smile_big:

Be careful!

Todd

ACUDANUT

Umm, we don't have troops in Pakistan folks.  :rotz:

Old Moparz

Before you vacate that place, can you check out this '70 Charger in the ad for me?

I think I can get him down to 473,184.27 rupees.     :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bull

RallyeMike

I knew someone who did surveying work in Pakistan to lay out power lines and the stories he had were incredible. It's like the wild west married the mob and joined a cult. I don't suppose it's gotten any better since then.....

Religeous fervor + military dictatorship + nukes = The most dangerous country in the world.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: RallyeMike on September 26, 2012, 05:57:05 PM
I knew someone who did surveying work in Pakistan to lay out power lines and the stories he had were incredible. It's like the wild west married the mob and joined a cult. I don't suppose it's gotten any better since then.....

Religeous fervor + military dictatorship + nukes = The most dangerous country in the world.

^ Depends on what your opinions are ---     

Uneducated public voting system, nukes, questionable religious grounding...      could be bad too
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

RallyeMike

Quote^ Depends on what your opinions are ---     

We'll ask around for some opinions once Pakistan's corrupt military government loses control or sells a nuke to the first whacko splinter group to come up with the cash. 
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

JB400

ACUDANUT

Why in hell are they allowed to have nukes in the middle east.  That is going to be fatal decision for everyone.

twodko

Once India, Pakistans sworn enemy, acquired nukes the Pakis felt threatened and acquired their own. What a surprise! It's been rumored that that Afgan asshat nuke scientist Kahn provided plans to both countries. Again, what a surprise!

Ancient prophecy says WW III will start in the mid east between the mutual nut jobs Israel and Iran. Another "what a surprise".

No doom and gloom here but it's only a matter of time before one of these insane groups let's loose a nuke or dirty bomb here.

IMO Iran will push the nuke pissing match with Israel and force a confrontation. Irans stated argument that their pursuit of nuke anything is for their increasing energy needs is so much crap. The country sits on huge natural gas and oil fields. Some say, true enough but they can't buy enough materials to increase their refining capabilities. BS, if they can acquire a butt load of centrifuges they can acquire refining gear.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Tilar

I imagine if Onumbnuts gets back in it's gonna be that same way here before long.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Cooter

Watch your ass bro. and come home safe.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"