News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No Charger makes Nik somethign something

Started by SirNik73, March 03, 2006, 02:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

Well where to start...
Well I haven't been on the forum for months. It's about time I get back into the groove and start posting again.

My lack of forum started shortly after my birthday. For my birthday I got a tach from charger specialties. Since my birthday is October 15th about a week later I parked the charger and took the gauge cluster out. And left the car for the winter under a tarp.  :'( Then I took the cluster to my apartment where I took it apart and did about 2 day work on it cleaning everything and getting it ready for paint. then I stopped... I don't know why. It sat on the shelf for a while and then Christmas came. I left the apartment and came to my home town (where the charger lives) for a week I had planned on installing the gauge cluster and driving the car. but it was still in the shelf. When I got back from Christmas my roommate was gone. He left a note telling me that he had no money to pay rent and then I made him feel bad for not paying bills on time, so he left and left me with all the bills. So I canceled the internet, couldn't afford that now. My lease was up in a month so I just waited it out. I had a few friends living with me, and one guy and I decided to get a different apartment together. I was able to afford the new apartment and I moved. after moving I still didn't have the internet, because he didn't have any money, so I told him that I've been living with out the internet and if he wanted it he'd have to have money to pay for it. well yesterday we got the internet!  :thumbs: so now I'm finally back online! I still have the dash parts in a box  :'( but I will be working on that this weekend. The Charger should be drivable in a few weeks.

Besides that sad story, I had my 400 block stolen last year from the engine lab at school, as some may remember. Well this semester I'm taking the second part of that class... and due to a lack of a better project, I'm rebuilding a Ford 400M. I don't really mind building the Ford, I like learning about something new, but it's really sad because my friend in class was building a 440 last year for his friends Charger, and this year is building a 360 for his Challenger. And all I got is a Ford engine... o well what are you going to do. I'm looking into buying a 440 now.

Nik
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dusterxhorrorx

Quote from: SirNik73 on March 03, 2006, 02:39:04 PM
Well where to start...
Well I haven't been on the forum for months. It's about time I get back into the groove and start posting again.

My lack of forum started shortly after my birthday. For my birthday I got a tach from charger specialties. Since my birthday is October 15th about a week later I parked the charger and took the gauge cluster out. And left the car for the winter under a tarp.  :'( Then I took the cluster to my apartment where I took it apart and did about 2 day work on it cleaning everything and getting it ready for paint. then I stopped... I don't know why. It sat on the shelf for a while and then Christmas came. I left the apartment and came to my home town (where the charger lives) for a week I had planned on installing the gauge cluster and driving the car. but it was still in the shelf. When I got back from Christmas my roommate was gone. He left a note telling me that he had no money to pay rent and then I made him feel bad for not paying bills on time, so he left and left me with all the bills. So I canceled the internet, couldn't afford that now. My lease was up in a month so I just waited it out. I had a few friends living with me, and one guy and I decided to get a different apartment together. I was able to afford the new apartment and I moved. after moving I still didn't have the internet, because he didn't have any money, so I told him that I've been living with out the internet and if he wanted it he'd have to have money to pay for it. well yesterday we got the internet!  :thumbs: so now I'm finally back online! I still have the dash parts in a box  :'( but I will be working on that this weekend. The Charger should be drivable in a few weeks.

Besides that sad story, I had my 400 block stolen last year from the engine lab at school, as some may remember. Well this semester I'm taking the second part of that class... and due to a lack of a better project, I'm rebuilding a Ford 400M. I don't really mind building the Ford, I like learning about something new, but it's really sad because my friend in class was building a 440 last year for his friends Charger, and this year is building a 360 for his Challenger. And all I got is a Ford engine... o well what are you going to do. I'm looking into buying a 440 now.

Nik

i'll work my amazing skills on the dash on monday...

golden73

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 03, 2006, 02:44:42 PM
440's are plentiful... go get one!

That all depends on where you live.

I have about as good of a chance of finding a 440 around here, as I do winning the lottery.

Vainglory, Esq.

That crap is why I've lived alone for last 3 years.  Roommates are not my thing.

Bandit72

Quote from: golden73 on March 03, 2006, 07:35:26 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on March 03, 2006, 02:44:42 PM
440's are plentiful... go get one!

That all depends on where you live.

I have about as good of a chance of finding a 440 around here, as I do winning the lottery.

same here....

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....