News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK---F & F now has a Daytona?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, September 21, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I agree but we only represent likely about 5% of the paying cutomers who saw it so being cool to us was never considered for a second.  As for the Chevy and Ford crowd I never cared what they thought before and I still don't.

Mike DC

The CGI-erased ballast wheelie method (from F&F #4) looks and works fine now.  They just didn't have it figured out soon enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPZgiM8Nco8&feature=related

THE CHARGER PUNK

heres some video footage of it in action,enjoy -Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LObJ3snD4QY

heres tona running from the tank as it fires upon it, pretty sweet, car sounds healthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcTjopzMo5g

DC_1

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on September 30, 2012, 05:11:04 PM
heres some video footage of it in action,enjoy -Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LObJ3snD4QY

heres tona running from the tank as it fires upon it, pretty sweet, car sounds healthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcTjopzMo5g

About :16 sec into the first one you can see another Daytona in the lanes traveling in the opposite direction. I wonder how many they made for the movie and how many will get trashed.

Mike DC

They probably had about 5-8 total.  At least half them are probably the same Chargers from the earlier movies being reused. 

Finn

The one cruising in that video had a plug on the back window.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

Yeah, we were debating whether the glass windows in those plugs are using the original non-aero rear window glass.  Kinda looks that way. 

Indygenerallee

Yep, I believe its the stock 2nd gen rear glass with a fabbed plug to make it look like a stock Daytona, cause given the terrible nosejob they gave those poor cars I bet if you sat those movies cars beside a stock Daytona it would be night and day the differences (besides the other mods)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Mike DC

Actually I think it's pretty smart this way (the rear glass).  I'm a little surprised the factory didn't consider just reusing the stock glass & trim and save themselves some money.

The 'bird nosecone looks a little off but I wonder if they had a reason for it. 

The rear wing looks better lowered IMHO.  The factory was originally sketching it lower down like that before the trunklid issue demanded raising it. 

As for the fender scoops, I can understand leaving them off.  They do look kinda goofy if you don't know they are functional. 

Indygenerallee

Yeah, It is pretty slick just using the stock rear glass, Im not so sure that the nose is a bird nose I think it's more of a hybrid and I think they chopped it back further to shorten up the car, it does look a bit weird being no scoops, but just one less thing to make and install on each car.

JB400

Stock glass has a bow in it.  Not very good for aerodynamics.

Ghoste

Or the factory Daytona's would have definitely used it.

BrianShaughnessy

I stopped giving a crap about the stupid wars about the FF movies on here years ago.    Sometime after the movies come out I watch a DVD or whatever and enjoy it for whatever they are.

Meanwhile...  this came up googling.    SB nose looks kinda weird... oh well.   It's a movie car.  :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

moparstuart

the supercharger had a similar nose 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

Let's hope this car doesn't become as popular as the GL.  We don't need a bunch of bad nose jobs running around. :icon_smile_blackeye:

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: its got 67 quarter panels on it  ????????????
 if you blow up the picture on a big monitor it almost looks like they took the old thunderbolt and turn it into a daytona  look at the hood and the rear bumper , side of the front nose   what a strange creation  

moparstuart

JB400

It don't have 67 quarter panels.  That's just markings on the road along with bad bodywork.   Hood don't look bad.  I'd make the indents functional.  I'm not digging the tail on this thing.  Making it look like a modern bumper just don't work.

Indygenerallee

The nose has been chopped and the hood has been chopped along the front edge as well to shorten it up (looks like lift heaven) The quarters don't have any indentions, really shitty bodywork especially on the rear bumper/roll pan conversion  :eek2: From that above view that is not a stock 2nd gen rear glass and it is not a vega hatch either!!! I pulled a pic of the black Daytona clone Larry built with the vega hatch and it looks nothing like that, that glass is too wide and too long and is more square on the bottom and has more of a curve to it. Wing even looks chopped down to me... Looks like shit.... The color does not help it out any either! Who picks a color between shit brown and maroon for a Daytona!??

johnnycharger

Holy crap!!! Is that a shifter or is he happy to see me??  :smilielol:

Ghoste

That bald dude looks like he's having a hard time figuring out what those pedals on the floor do.

Mike DC

That "shifter" is a lever for a hydraulic E-brake, like you'd see in a WRC Rally or drift car.  Stunt crew stuff. 

The bad bodywork & funny rearend is probably the result of the crew working with rustbucket cars.  Not something to complain about IMHO.  It'll probably still look fine onscreen.  I don't love the rearend but it could look worse.

As for the shortened nose, missing fender scoops, and lowered wing - I think all three of these mods look good.  I also think everyone would prefer this look if the factory had done them this way.

The rear window plug - The glass might just be a lexan sheet and not any OEM rear glass shape at all. 

Ghoste

Everyone?  I don't know, I kind of prefer the "we did it quick to homologate" look.  You know, form follows function?

A383Wing

I like it and I would drive it...that's my vote

Bryan