News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK---F & F now has a Daytona?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, September 21, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Indygenerallee

:eek2: Stub nose Supertona  Look's attrocious from the front I don't like the headlights at all....  :eek2: :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Indygenerallee

Superbird nose..... Wing from the front angle looks short, may just be the angle.

JB400

Ghoste

It's Hollywood, what are you gonna do?

Indygenerallee

It's a Superbird nose without the vents in the bottom, Bird noses have the bodyline in the middle, Daytona noses do not (I should know I have one!) Total custom...

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 25, 2012, 12:29:53 PM
It's Hollywood, what are you gonna do?
At least ask for some advice, do some research, something.  Whoever is responsible for that needs to be knocked on the head bigtime. :slap: :slap: :slap:

Ghoste

They stuck a Chev crate engine in the Charger for the last one, thats a far worse abomination to me.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 25, 2012, 12:37:11 PM
They stuck a Chev crate engine in the Charger for the last one, thats a far worse abomination to me.
It wouldn't surprise me if they stuck chevy's in all of them.  They need some psychiatric help in my opinion.  Sorry, not even the silver screen could make that car look good.

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 25, 2012, 12:16:50 PM
:eek2: Stub nose Supertona  Look's attrocious from the front I don't like the headlights at all....  :eek2: :icon_smile_dissapprove:
yup no center grille and a body line in the middle of the nose like a bird   :eek2:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SRT-440

For the record (and a slight misdirection), the GN in Fast and Furious (Fast 4) actually had a real GN motor in it...the producers said the stunt guys had a lot of fun with the GN's..lol...I would imagine, it was a welcome change from all the chevy 350's in everything else.  :D
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

duanesterrr

I am not liking the new winged toretto-mobile.  I still prefer the one from the first movie.

bull

Guess I'm in the minority (not the first time). I like the headlights and front end done that way. It could use some chrome or a 2nd color because all the maroon paint is a bit much but overall it's not too shabby.

surmanajaja

Quote from: Ghoste on September 25, 2012, 12:37:11 PM
the stunt guys put a 350 chevy+th350 into ALL cars they work with, no matter if its a mercedes,dodge or ford. just a matter of easy fixing and finding parts, in movie business time is money... very rarely they make one "hero car" that has the proper engine in it.

Indygenerallee

Quotethe maroon paint is a bit much
:yesnod: :yesnod:

DC_1

Is it just me or do the quarters seem to have the Wide Body effect?

SRT-440

I just think it's cool that they continue to choose a Mopar as their "hero" car...even if it isn't our "taste"...they coulda used a Ford or Chevy.  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

JB400

Quote from: SRT-440 on September 25, 2012, 03:08:42 PM
I just think it's cool that they continue to choose a Mopar as their "hero" car...even if it isn't our "taste"...they coulda used a Ford or Chevy.  :2thumbs:
If they didn't use a mopar, we probably wouldn't be discussing it anyway.  Besides, the chevy and ford guys have to discuss which is better  GT500 or ZL1.

myk

This is good news, and F&F continues it's tradition of touting muscle cars, Mopar cars as the greatest vehicles in creation by bringing in one of the most legendary names of all time.  F&F is your friend, muscle car fans...

Ghoste

Brightyellow69rtse

i personally like the series. the third was the worst one imo. yeah all movies have their stupid over the top crap. i try not to get hung up on that stuff and just enjoy the movie.

bull

I only remember seeing the first one and the last one. I may have seen one other, can't remember, but they're no-brainer popcorn movies that I enjoy but can't keep track off. Reminds me of Resident Evil because I'm not sure I've seen all of those too and have no idea how many have been made but I like them.

A383Wing

I have seen the first three in the series.....but I may have to pick this one up when it's out

Bryan

Mike DC

@ Bull -

Your pic showed a car with about 30" rear tires.  The rear axle is nearly full droop to fit them.  I was trying to say a stock GL/Charger doesn't have that much room.  

IMHO a reasonably stock-looking "wheelie car" could be built, but it would need some work done to give more clearance than a real stock Charger has.  

---------------------------------------

the red F&F Daytona -

The guy who oversees the operation for building those movie cars isn't a total moron.  If he used Superbird noses then he probably had a reason.  

Maybe they couldn't get enough Daytona noses on short notice, or something about the 'bird noses made them easier to use for their project.  Or maybe they just liked the 'bird noses better.  But whatever it was, I doubt it was purely an accident.    

And I agree, the wing looks shortened in height.  More like the earlier concept sketches of the Daytonas than the final production wings that cleared the decklids.

----------------------------------

QuoteI have seen the first three in the series.....but I may have to pick this one up when it's out

You'd better rent #4 and #5 before watching #6.  

When they did #4 they changed the course of the series and started trying to make it better.  They got the old cast back from #1 and resumed a single storyline that has developed from there.    

1974dodgecharger

BAH, I like it...cant wait for the movie.......