News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Greeting again gents, just picked up a '68

Started by Piper, September 20, 2012, 10:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piper

Gents

I took a slight detour from the Coronet's (you may know me from dodgecoronet.com) Picked up a '68 and I am loving the fact you can pretty much buy anything for this car

its rough, but it runs and goes down the road straight

(the helper springs were the first thing to go, I got a nose bleed driving it that high up)

couple of pictures..

Indygenerallee

Looks good!!!  :cheers: but ditch those ugly ass wheels as quick as possible!!!  :cheers:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

kikgas01

I will buy the helper springs if ya don`t wan`t much for them. Did you save them and the brackets? Looks like a fun driver. How is the unibody?

Piper

Quote from: kikgas01 on September 20, 2012, 10:19:55 PM
I will buy the helper springs if ya don`t wan`t much for them. Did you save them and the brackets? Looks like a fun driver. How is the unibody?

Shes very solid underneath, the frame rails and floors are perfect. Had it been a Coronet I wouldn't have bought it but since AMD sells everything for this car I took the dive!

I cut the u bolts off the helper springs, I have the brackets/leaf if you are close to NJ you are welcome to  to them

myk

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Piper

Quote from: myk on September 20, 2012, 10:43:05 PM
Looks ok to me, what's so rough about it?

The roof has a lot of bubbles and soft spots in it, the lower quarters are loaded with bondo as are the lower door and front fenders

hatersaurusrex

Welcome aboard.  Good choice, the '68 is the purtiest :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ghoste

Nice car Piper, good to have you around.  Does this mean the four speed Coronet is gone or is this a stablemate?

JB400

Glad to have you move up in the Dodge bbody lineup.  Of course, all dodges are  :coolgleamA:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Cooter

Looks good. I gotta roof depending on where you are located. Roof is in Va. It has SOME rust, but not too awefully bad. IT's definately cheaper than AMD roof.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Welcome back!
Did you find that car in NJ as well?  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

mightywing7

Welcome to the board!!  Whereabouts in NJ are you (north or south)?

Good luck with your new toy!!   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

resq302

ahhhh..... so thats the infamous 68 you have been telling me about!  Welcome back!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Piper

Hey Ghoste good to hear from ya! Yes sir shes sitting with the '67 4 Speed

Brian I was hoping you seen this post, I tried to attached a picture on FB in a msg to you but it wouldn't load

To the rest of the lads thanks for the welcome!

I am located in South Jersey (if you hear banjos you are probably close to where I live)

Ghoste

Banjos?  I never knew Jersey went THAT far south. :lol:

JB400

Ghoste

And if banjos mean we're close then bagpipes must mean we're in your driveway?

JB400

That I don't know.  But, if you hear battle drums, you better run,  when they stop, you better take cover. :icon_smile_big:
i'm in a civil war era town.

resq302

Quote from: Piper on September 21, 2012, 08:58:19 AM

Brian I was hoping you seen this post, I tried to attached a picture on FB in a msg to you but it wouldn't load

I am located in South Jersey (if you hear banjos you are probably close to where I live)

Aww.. heck.  And here I thought I was the only person in the sticks that had banjos playing off in the woods!   :lol:  And im from NORTH Jersey! 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Tilar

Are they dualing banjos? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

Glad to have you aboard, and 68's are sweet!
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ryan

69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

1974dodgecharger

there the sweetest....

Quote from: Tilar on September 21, 2012, 04:04:40 PM

Are they dualing banjos? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

Glad to have you aboard, and 68's are sweet!

Piper

Whats the secret to replace the brake booster, holy moly its crowded down in that little space..I keep unbolting things and I cant reach a. the top right bolt of the booster b. how do you free up the pin(bolt) that holds the pushrod to the pedal bracket c. a spring was broken no idea where that goes

69rtse4spd

Welcome back, nice looking 68. Helps if you take the seat out, if not buy some off brand wrenches, heat them up & bend them to what you need. Also helps to be flexible. 

moparjohn

Welcome again to Charger world Kevin!   He's right, remove the driver seat, did the booster TWICE in Tennesee, much easier that way, and if I remember I used to flex joints on the rachet. MPJ
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!