News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 DOOR NEW CHARGER HATERS, GIVE ME HONEST OPINIONS

Started by skip68, September 19, 2012, 11:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Chargen69

Quote from: Ghoste on September 20, 2012, 11:53:06 AM
I had an Intrepid and it was one of the best cars I've ever owned.

well sorry about that statement then, but i had a friend that ran a dealership during that era and i was talking to him one day when a truck full of them showed up, and he said, "oh Gee, wonder how many of these I'm gonna have to fix. Last batch two power steering pumps didnt work, two alternators didnt work, and two transmissions had to be replaced."

JB400

Quote from: Chargen69 on September 20, 2012, 04:19:38 PM

well sorry about that statement then, but i had a friend that ran a dealership during that era and i was talking to him one day when a truck full of them showed up, and he said, "oh Gee, wonder how many of these I'm gonna have to fix. Last batch two power steering pumps didnt work, two alternators didnt work, and two transmissions had to be replaced."

Must've been  a Chevy or Ferd dealer.  Sounds like the type of attitude.

Back N Black

Can we ban anyone that mentions a 4 door charger!   :nana:

Scaregrabber

I agree; Chargers have two doors. I don't mind the current 4 door Coronet but the concept 4 door Coronet (top) was the best looking of the contemporary Coronets.

Sheldon

hatersaurusrex

I don't like any of them, but I think we can all agree that this is an abomination:

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

JB400

Is that supposed to be in the next Transformers movie?   :shruggy: :shruggy:

Ghoste

Chargen69

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 20, 2012, 04:41:10 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on September 20, 2012, 04:19:38 PM

Must've been  a Chevy or Ferd dealer.  Sounds like the type of attitude.

no it had to have been a dodge dealer because i was talking about a truck load of intrepids

JB400

There is nothing wrong with the Intrepid.  Experience does say that the 2.7 has some oil issues, but other than that, any other problems with it is strictly because of someone that has little respect for the car.  Same can be said about most cars on the market.  That's coming from someone that been around the used car market. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 21, 2012, 06:18:16 AM
There is nothing wrong with the Intrepid.  Experience does say that the 2.7 has some oil issues, but other than that, any other problems with it is strictly because of someone that has little respect for the car.  Same can be said about most cars on the market.  That's coming from someone that been around the used car market. :2thumbs:

A little more than oil issues there killer. Try a water pump that's driven off the t-Chain. Has a "Passage" drilled into the block that is suppsed to allow the water that leaks out the bad water pump to the outside of block. In order to replace the Water pump, you have to do a full on T-chain job. Um, yeah, try $1000.00 water pump job.

Chrysler/Mercedes 2.7....JUNK.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 21, 2012, 06:21:04 AM
IIRC my wife and I had the 3.5 in ours.  
And it probably was a pretty good car until you traded it in, wasn't it?  Or, do you still have it?

I forgot about the water pump.  My uncle had to replace that on my cousins' car.  Replaced the rod  bearings this past weekend.

Ghoste

It was a good car until we traded it in.  So why did we trade it?  Because it was a pain in the ass to get two kids in and out of the thing when the second baby came so it was traded for a Ddoge minivan which is still going strong 13 years later.

bull

To me the problem has never been the body style, door count, etc. It's always been the name they assigned it.. It would have been an easy fix to buy 100k nameplates that said Coronet, Intrepid, whatever. I'm sure the car is great but based on principal I wouldn't own one or even rent one. Someday I might get shoved in the back of one but I'd have to be wearing handcuffs.

That said, I actually like the fact that someone in design at Chrysler is attempting to make the car look more like its namesake. The sides and tail panel are at least a step in the right direction but sadly there's just too much to overcome.

Ghoste

I never really forgot Creed's insulting response to the enthusiasts either when the whole thing happened.

GOTWING

i like the current model in the middle, anyhow i was one of the 4 door bashing bad mouthing guys when the 4 door charger came out, but you know what if you have a family and still want a practical family car to slam some low 14's in the 1/4 this is the car, now i will admit we went with the Chrysler 300C 5.7 hemi when they came out only cuz it was for my wife to drive, she liked the looks of the 300 better, we now have 118k miles on it and when we do replace it i'm thinking a new white R/T 5.7 Charger.The newest style looks better, tailights,grill,etc.

I also like the fact that they have some size to them , i would not put my family in a smaller car.

UH60L

Quote from: Ghoste on September 21, 2012, 10:16:04 AM
I never really forgot Creed's insulting response to the enthusiasts either when the whole thing happened.

Agreed.