News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heater hose size

Started by Dino, September 24, 2012, 06:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

So I have a '69 with a '71 440 so the pipes or nipples on the waterpump housing are different.  I believe one is 1/2" and the other is 5/8".  I 'think' the 69 440 had the same size pipes.  I am not going to spend money on the correct hoses until the underhood is finished AND until I get that water valve working as it should but I do want to prepare for the correct hoses.  So what do I need to do?  Remove one of the water pump pipes and install another, if so which one, or buy a length of 5/8 and a length of 1/2 hose.  Are the pipes sticking out the firewall different in size as well?

I don't have the FSM handy as I'm at work but there's a napa just passed my office so I'd like to pick up the hose tonight.  I'm going to need the heat on tomorrow morning.  It's getting chilly here. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

firefighter3931

Dino, the heater core for your 69 will have both nipples @ 5/8 so you need to change the 1/2in nipple on the waterpump housing.  :yesnod:

Mancini has the nipples available : http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mahehoni19.html

You will need to apply some heat to get the old nipples out of the WP housing...fire up the blue wrench  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Dino

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 24, 2012, 10:33:58 AM
Dino, the heater core for your 69 will have both nipples @ 5/8 so you need to change the 1/2in nipple on the waterpump housing.  :yesnod:

Mancini has the nipples available : http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/mahehoni19.html

You will need to apply some heat to get the old nipples out of the WP housing...fire up the blue wrench  ;)

Ron

Hey a simple fix!  I like those!

Thanks Ron!   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.