News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 DOOR NEW CHARGER HATERS, GIVE ME HONEST OPINIONS

Started by skip68, September 19, 2012, 11:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Sorry for the crappy pictures.   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68X426

I take the Plum Crazy 69.

Like Ghoste said, ask the 4 door lovers the question. Leave us alone.  :nana:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Cooter

At least the damn thing on top actually has SOME appeal. More than what's out there right now. It could use another front end/grille, but that looks ALOT closer to the original than the cracker box/Intrepid sh*t that's out there now. A little tweak here and there by the aftermarket, and I can see some pretty badass Charger's being built from #1. Kinda like how the "Firebird"/"Trans Am" looks better than the Camaro today?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Bobs69

The one on top has a corvette emblem on the fender.  At least it looks that way to me. :shruggy:

Cooter

Quote from: Bobs69 on September 19, 2012, 07:32:12 PM
The one on top has a corvette emblem on the fender.  At least it looks that way to me. :shruggy:

I see a faint R/T..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

Quote from: Cooter on September 19, 2012, 07:38:34 PM
Quote from: Bobs69 on September 19, 2012, 07:32:12 PM

I see a faint R/T..

I don't see either (corvette emblem or R/T..)  :scope:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Indygenerallee

#1 was cool back in 1999 I remember getting a close up look at it at the Mopar Nats.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Gary42

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on September 19, 2012, 01:35:43 PM
The top one is the best looking of the three shown...

But, The correct answer is "None of the above."

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Thought there was really a new look out there so I went to the Dodge site.  Nope.  but I love the tail lights. Kinda looks like 69 Super Bee meets 66/69 charger.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Charger454

That original '99 concept Charger looks like a 4 door Avenger from that era
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!

myk

Not a hater so can I respond?  The top car, the 4 door CNG concept from the 90's is pretty cool but I think the '12 model properly captures the "chiseled block of machined steel" look that the 2nd Generation flaunts, but with enough modern design flair that it isn't too retro...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1974dodgecharger

Ghoste

Yes, and the 05 Charger should have been as well.  :D

Chargen69

None of the above, they could have just as easily made a new charger to look like a charger, just like they did with the challenger.  I waited two years before i bought my current 69 to see what they would come up with, but hey, they didnt build a charger, they built a car and then dusted off the charger name. now it's gone from bad to worse IMHO because they are trying to fix it by changing what they had instead of a complete real redesign.

i'll keep my 69

i know
:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

Chargen69

i will say i got a chance to see a trooper turn through the median and gun it passed me to go get somebody, man that thing sounded Great!

Chargen69

as soon as i saw the first concept pic my first thought was juiced up Intrepid, and we all know what POS's those things were

Ghoste

I had an Intrepid and it was one of the best cars I've ever owned.

irish_in_ny

Mikesmoparperformance

I like the 99 concept more then I do the 2012 Charger! The 99 was more like a 69 charger to me :2thumbs:. I still love the rear end of the 99 concept :drool5:
The 4th door was invisible which is not with the 2012 model. :o
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

elanmars

that top one ok on some angles but otherwise, that's an intrepid...plus they made the two door stratus.

middle one for sure. It's slightly less turdish by a good bit.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography