News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finding a 70 Charger hood.

Started by ACUDANUT, September 18, 2012, 03:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I have heard whore stories on the shortage of these.  Comments :

Memphis Mopar

Good Luck. It took me a while to find one in good shape. I was using a nice fiberglass one.

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

I like them too.  But, I've heard the HORROR stories as well. ;D

Indygenerallee

Although I have heard horror stories about whores!  :lol:

kab69440

If it hasn't been stolen, there is one in my basement.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

JB400

BigBlackDodge

bill440rt

There once was a whore from Nantucket...  :whistling:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69charger2002

Runaway train never comin back.....
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1970Moparmann

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 18, 2012, 03:32:20 PM
I have heard whore stories on the shortage of these.  Comments :

AMD will have them out soon.   I'm still thinking about changing my 68 Hood to an AMD due to how weak the metal is on mine.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

I have a nice 70 hood. It has original paint on the outside.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bad88t-top

I have an originatal B5 paint hood with factory hood pins.   $400 + shipping.   Not a spec of rust on it at all.  PM me if interested

Consider partial trade for 71 Demon hood that's equally clean.
TX9 70 Charger RT: 6 pack, 4 speed, A33 Saddle interior, red stripe
EB7 70 Charger RT SE: PS, PB, PW, PSunroof, Defogger, Air, loaded
FC7 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, white longitudinal, black vinyl
EB5 70 Charger RT: 440 4 speed, Dana, B5 interior, white long stripe
EB5 70 Charger RT SE: V code 4speed A34, charcoal interior, loaded
F8 69 Charger: Power Sunroof Car
13 Duramax 2500HD: Tow Rig
17 Durango RT

charger_fan_4ever

Searched for 2 years for a 70 hood in driveable range for my 70. (im in canada) northeast states no luck. After a few 4 plus hour round trips to look at junk priced in the 300-500 range we gave up and went to town on mine.

I've heard for years AMD isn't even considering the 70 front clip.

A383Wing

that's some impressive work.....  :2thumbs:

I have issues doing body work & wood working

but I can put an engine together blindfolded

Bryan

Mike DC

Yeah, I thought AMD's position on the 1970 Charger stuff was "not now and probably never."

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Is it that different from the 68-69 one?  I know the obvious differences of course but is the basic structure so different that its a complete new set of dies?

bill440rt

Ghoste

Fair enough, that sucks for the 70 guys then but at least they get some of the other AMD goodies.  Woe be the 1st gens.

Old Moparz

Funny, I parted a '70 Charger in the early 80's & had trouble "giving" things away from it. I sold parts at the Mopars at Englishtown swap meet the first 4 or 5 years they had it, & the '70 stuff was the most difficult to sell. Everything went dirt cheap except the hood which didn't sell. It was absolutely mint with no dents, no dings & no rust, & I had ZERO interest in it for the $30 I was asking. I even tried to talk this guy into taking it for free who bought the doors from the car for $7.35 & he wasn't interested.  :lol:

I still have it & now glad that I couldn't sell it since it'll end up on my Daytona replica.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Indygenerallee

Impressive work on that hood structure!!!!  :cheers: Yes 69 and 70 hoods are totally different animals altogether.

JerseyJoe

Wow, that is some great work, I wish I could work at that level. My extra hood needs that kind of help and you've inspired me.  :2thumbs:

FC7 V code

Funny how things go, I was picking a 70 Charger 500 clean at a junkyard in Newberry, MI during the mid 80's to gather some extra parts for my 70 Charger RT. I had my Brother in Law along for help and we had quite a collection of stuff off the car and were looking at about 3 trips out of the yard back to where we had parked the truck. Then we hit on the idea that the hood of the car we were stripping parts off would make a great item to load it all on and carry everything out in one trip. While I was paying for the stuff we had gathered I nearly didn't bother with the hood until the yard owner mentioned we would need to drag it back if we didn't want it. I asked how much and he replied  5 bucks. Probably my best Mopar part buy of all time. I didn't need it on my Charger but it sure is comforting to have it in the garage just in case.
1968 Chrysler 300
1969 Charger
1969 Charger RT/SE
1970 Charger RT/SE
1970 Cuda AAR
1970 Challenger SE
1970 Roadrunner
1982 Trans Am