News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

interchangeable seats with charger

Started by bonfire1009, September 17, 2012, 06:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonfire1009

I am wondering if I could use another B-Body bucket seat frame and cover it with a '69 cover and call it good?  I am having troubles locating a frame of bucket and rear seat for the Charger.

Thanks

kab69440

Yes. The foam may also be a slightly different shape. I also believe that 4door rear seats are taller than 2 door rear seats. Can't remember where I read it, but it's stuck in the "Useful Information" file in my brain.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ghoste

I hadn't heard that about the four door rear seats before, good to know.  You're fairly certain of it?

Mike DC

I'm not sure about the back seats but it would make sense. 

The entire roof/cabin is taller and sits you more upright on the 4drs, which is how they cram more backseat leg room into the same wheelbase.  This compromise is also why the steering wheel & dash on the 2drs are right up in your face and you feel like you're sitting on the floor.

Charger-Bodie

I think the back part of a 4 door rear seat is the same, but I know the bottom is different. They are more rounded at the door for easier entry.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............