News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hate that i like nickel back

Started by The Ghoul, February 06, 2006, 08:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

I hate nickelback with a passion  :flame:
but I cant get enough of there song animals. I wish the rest of there stuff was that good, then maby I wouldent feel like such a homo...
I mean photograph... give me a F&#kin break. talk about making music with the hope of getting laid by a sixteen year old boy.
I know im going on about this a bit... but animals in my mind ranks up there with thunder kiss 65, or ace of spades as far as kick ars rock to cruze to.

BrianShaughnessy

Figured you out is maybe OK...  maybe.

Everything else by nickelback blows.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Headrope

Motorhead is in an entirely different realm of the universe than Nickelback.
Other than that I agree with you completely about Animals.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

TruckDriver

I like them, one of the few new bands I actually do like.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Judhudson

I have to admit....I like their Photograph song...

1970 Charger 500

Rub some Vagisil on yourselves and take a Midol or 2!!
Listen to some AC/DC or Judas Priest and your nuts will grow back!

Judhudson

Hey, I love AC/DC, GunsNRoses, all old school rock.  However, that Photograph song just gets stuck in my head for some odd reason.  :P

greenpigs

Quote from: 1970 Charger 500 on February 07, 2006, 01:01:03 AM

I like this member :icon_smile_big:

As far as being on par with Thunder Kiss 65 I disagree. But when you compare it to all the other new stuff on the air now its a classic.

BTW the best way to avoid looking gay is to not post stuff like you did.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 1970 Charger 500 on February 07, 2006, 01:01:03 AM

That's kind of ironic considering the fact that Rob Halford's as queer as a football bat.

As far as nickelback's concerned, not really my thing.  Its mildly pleasant to listen to and they have one or two good songs, but there are WAAAAAY better bands out there.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Orange_Crush

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 07, 2006, 11:40:45 AM
ROB HALFORD IS QUEER??  OOOOOGA!!

In college we were always suspicous of these two guys on my dorm room floor being gay.  (no not me f*ckers)  Then one day it happened.  The one guys roommate walked in from getting out of class early and caught them in the sack...  OOOOOooooooo!!!!!  But now the one guy is married and the other guy is long gone..  guess it didnt work out. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

andy74

nickelback does suck.

the reason that damn song gets stuck in everyones head is they play it 4 times an hour on every frigging radio station,at least around here-i gave up and just listen to cds most of the time,death metal mostly!

chrisII

i like TONS of different kinds of music, but if i really wana rock out its pantara , old school metallica , or anthrax. i enjoy most of the classic rock and 80s rock. heck i can even enjoy hairbands now, however i hated them when they were new . i can take or leave nickleback. photograph is one of those nice songs that soccer moms dig.

The Ghoul

Quote from: greenpigs on February 07, 2006, 08:49:01 AM

I like this member :icon_smile_big:

As far as being on par with Thunder Kiss 65 I disagree. But when you compare it to all the other new stuff on the air now its a classic.

BTW the best way to avoid looking gay is to not post stuff like you did.

I just meant that it was on par with zombie, and motorhead just in the fact that its a tune that you want to drive fast or beat up a senior to.. not ment to compair two classic bands to one that will be forgotten in a year.

as far as appearing gay, i approched it alot better than i was going to orrigonaly.
"you know how i know im gay, because i like a nickel back song." kinda a 40 year old vergin rip off.

BTW. queen sux! sorry they are just way over rated in my mind and very over played... they make my penis retract quicker than preg-o night at the tig old bitty bar....

6pkrunner

All Nickleback songs are the same ones recycled to me anyway. Originality they don't have. Or they are terrified to break from their own status quo.

adauto

My wife likes them too........ but then she's been married to me for a LLOOONNGG time :icon_smile_big:
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Chris G.

Quote from: greenpigs on February 07, 2006, 08:49:01 AM
BTW the best way to avoid looking gay is to not post stuff like you did.[/color][/b]

As opposed to having an avatar with a guy from the Village People? ;) I know it's a screen shot from The Warriors video game...which really doesn't make it all that better.  :scratchchin:   :icon_smile_wink:

Charger4404spd

Never heard of them! Geez I'm getting old! :-\

The Ghoul

Quote from: 6pkrunner on February 07, 2006, 09:20:25 PM
All Nickleback songs are the same ones recycled to me anyway. Originality they don't have. Or they are terrified to break from their own status quo.
thats about how I felt about them before hearing this tune... its great... so, noting like the other stuff.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 6pkrunner on February 07, 2006, 09:20:25 PM

:yesnod:

"Some internet genius took Nickelback's first horrible "hit," and mixed it with Nickelback's newest awful "hit." By "mixed" I mean one shitty song plays in the left speaker, and the other ear-bleeding excuse for rock plays in the right speaker. What a surprise, they are almost EXACTLY THE SAME. It's uncanny, sad, and hilarious at the same time."

EDIT- damn, they killed the link .
From This Site
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

THE CHARGER PUNK

i like figured you out mostly other the nthat nothing else bands i like are metallica ,AC/DC,ramstein,one korn song,soul decision(only becuz our family friend is lead singer),and i like rap as any other 17 yr old does, the GAME and ofcourse 2Pac and BIGGY!!!!!!!! ;D

73ChargerSE

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on February 08, 2006, 08:45:42 PM
i like figured you out mostly other the nthat nothing else bands i like are metallica ,AC/DC,ramstein,one korn song,soul decision(only becuz our family friend is lead singer),and i like rap as any other 17 yr old does, the GAME and ofcourse 2Pac and BIGGY!!!!!!!! ;D

I'm 17 and rap is the most disgusting thing I've ever listened to.  Then I got back to my roots and started listening to Led Zep every day.

The Ghoul

metallica ,AC/DC,ramstein,
rockin!
2Pac and BIGGY!!!!!!!! ;D
respect there.
when I was in highschool i hated rap because it tended to be the deviding line between every one I hated and every one I liked.
I was a big 70's rock fan back then.
now that im outta that prision I can listen to and enjoy rap.
my favorites are still rock, punk, and techno.

THE CHARGER PUNK

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

472 R/T SE

There's a few of theirs on my MP3.  :-\
I downloaded several Adema songs the other night.  Couple days later as I was holding the cursor over the band name it came up as POP music.  :-\  What are they considered?  Gay?

Mike DC

You can call Nickelback "rock." 

And you can call Civics "fast" too.

The Ghoul

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 09, 2006, 07:16:12 AM
You can call Nickelback "rock." 

And you can call Civics "fast" too.

they are fast in the 'hey look at that special ed kid run' sorda way.. "but serrious those kids try hard"-spankey ham
speaking of good tunes I have been very impressed with billy idol's devils play ground cd

my73charger

Quote from: Charger4404spd on February 08, 2006, 07:39:42 AM
Never heard of them! Geez I'm getting old! :-\

Me either...I can honestly say I don't have a clue about them or their songs....I rarely listen to the radio and if i do i only listen to classic rock stations...by the way I always thought Judas Priest sucked..never did like them and not because of their light in the loafers lead singer either.

TheGhost

For new bands, Nickleback isn't all that bad.  Alot better than anything else played on the local "pop" music station...

...which is why I listen to the rock, and occasionally the country music stations.  Although, Nickleback is sometimes played on the rock station.  :-\
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Brock Samson

Can I git a translation here pls?..  ;D

Ponch ®

Quote from: Stratocharger on February 10, 2006, 01:17:34 PM

lemme take a shot at it.

"I, like you might have figured out, like [punk]. Besides that, I prefer bands such as Metallica, AC/DC, Rammstein, one song by the band Korn, Soul Decision (perhaps only because the lead singer is a family friend)Furthermore, consistent with the taste of most other young adult males of my age (17), I enjoy the genre of music known as rap. I especially appreciate the talent of artists such as the Game and, of course, legendary performers 2Pac and the Notorious B.I.G. aka "Biggie" (nee Christopher Wallace)"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Ponch on February 10, 2006, 02:01:20 PM

lemme take a shot at it.

"I, like you might have figured out, like [punk]. Besides that, I prefer bands such as Metallica, AC/DC, Rammstein, one song by the band Korn, Soul Decision (perhaps only because the lead singer is a family friend)Furthermore, consistent with the taste of most other young adult males of my age (17), I enjoy the genre of music known as rap. I especially appreciate the talent of artists such as the Game and, of course, legendary performers 2Pac and the Notorious B.I.G. aka "Biggie" (nee Christopher Wallace)"

AND THE "SUBTLE INSULTING HUMOR" AWARD GOES TO....PONCH!!!!!

Old Moparz

I didn't even realize that was in Mexican.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

The Ghoul

you know for a good speller your abstract reading comprehention is shitty.

see the reasion i hate nickel back is because its like that kid down the block that laughs as he throws rocks at a branch directly above himself.. one good hit to the back of the head and its short buss city.
I have always felt nickel back, creed, and the orrigionator u2 *shudder* is like that kid. one or two wrong songs and there on the pop stations.
for you people that like those word puzzels
avril is to punk
as
nickel back is to

yep you guessed it rock.

Brock Samson

I got one word for ya' broham:

"Sphell Khec"  ;D

The Ghoul

no comprendo sinor.
you gotta spell the first and last parts of the words correctly for people to still be able to read it... theres an art to this...
you think you can just jump in and start spelling incorrectly  :eyes: please. its taken me years to profect my style!

472 R/T SE

"Animals" has got to be their best.  I hadn't heard it.   Now it's stuck in my head.

Reminds a guy of the old days and doing it like rabbits.  :angel: :devil:

The Ghoul

Quote from: AllBlueRT on March 01, 2006, 03:41:56 PM
"Animals" has got to be their best.  I hadn't heard it.   Now it's stuck in my head.

Reminds a guy of the old days and doing it like rabbits.  :angel: :devil:
old days ???;D
man, I miss summer those were the good old days eh? :devil: