News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat back medallions on a 67

Started by Ghoste, September 16, 2012, 03:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I redid the upholstery in my 67 a few years ago and at the time I didn't put the medallions in the back.  The old covers were missing them so needless to say I'm pretty used to the car not having them now.  I'm sitting here though looking at the ones I scored a bunch back and wondering if I should put them in.  The purist in me wants them back in there but I have heard of some people not liking them because they always poke you in the back.  I know there aren't many on here but do you other 67 owners think?

A383Wing

I got 67 seats in my black 66...and yea...they hurt like hell...I wish I could take mine out, but there would be holes where the mounting straps poked through

I think the guy that designed those was some sort of sadist ......

Bryan

ODZKing

If they hurt your back, you didn't put them on correctly.
They are supposed to be recessed.  Take the back of the seat off and pull the metal straps tighter.

Ghoste

I've heard that people complained even from new though. 

ODZKing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 04, 2012, 04:48:48 AM
I've heard that people complained even from new though.  
No, only Bryan ...  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Don't forget, he is also the guy who says you can't see the instrument panel with the full horn ring!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love ya Bry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghoste

Any tips on getting them in there tight enough?  The main reason I didn't put them in was because I couldn't compress the new seat foam enough to attach them.

ODZKing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 04, 2012, 11:13:58 AM
Any tips on getting them in there tight enough?  The main reason I didn't put them in was because I couldn't compress the new seat foam enough to attach them.
Just push 'em.  Be sure the vinyl is warm, best actually to do it after they've been in the sun so it'll stretch.
Take the tabs and bend in the back with plyers so they are tight. Make sure the metal plate is there as well for support.
These are mine before I tightened them up a bit more.

bobs66440

Buy a '66. They're better anyway!  :nana:  :D

Ghoste

In all seriousness, I did at one time like the 66 a lot better than the 67 but after having this one, there are a lot of things I really prefer about it now.

bobs66440

Quote from: Ghoste on November 04, 2012, 02:26:00 PM
In all seriousness, I did at one time like the 66 a lot better than the 67 but after having this one, there are a lot of things I really prefer about it now.
:2thumbs: I'll take either one

Ghoste

I used to not like the fender mounted turn indicators and the two piece console and strangely those are two of the things I like the most about the 67.  Go figure.

bobs66440

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 07:59:40 AM
I used to not like the fender mounted turn indicators and the two piece console and strangely those are two of the things I like the most about the 67.  Go figure.
I like the turn indicators also. I was looking into converting mine, but they are very expensive...if you can find them.  :eek2:

Ghoste

I think they are being reproduced now.

ODZKing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2012, 10:52:15 AM
I think they are being reproduced now.
Yes they are.  BE&A I believe and don't forget the fender moulding is differnt as well.  It is longer.

Ghoste

And I might add that I never knew the rest of the fender trim on the 67 was longer, if anything I had always sort of figured it was shorter.

ODZKing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 06, 2012, 12:10:53 PM
And I might add that I never knew the rest of the fender trim on the 67 was longer, if anything I had always sort of figured it was shorter.
The 66 end is straight, 67 is at an angle.  If you cut the 66 it is about 1/4 to 1/2 short. Ask me how I know    ::)