News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can Anyone Identify These Exhaust Tips?

Started by A383Wing, September 15, 2012, 07:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

I have these hanging in my garage for some time now...

I don't know when I got them....
I don't know what they were from....
I don't know what they are worth if anything...

:shruggy:

Bryan

red69superbee

are they for 69 charger or coronet?kinda looks like it, also maybe 69 gts dart

A383Wing

Quote from: red69superbee on September 15, 2012, 10:07:51 PM
are they for 69 charger or coronet?kinda looks like it, also maybe 69 gts dart

I don't know...that's why I am asking....

Bryan

Ghoste

They are for one of those, how long are they?

A383Wing

I'll take a measurement tomorrow....there is still a 4" piece of exhaust pipe on each one...

Bryan

JB400

Those look like tips for a 68-70 plymouth GTX or Road Runner.   Those are rounded, Dodges are more rectangular.  Check your year one catalog and you'd agree. :2thumbs:

68RED4SPEED

Ghoste

Ghoste

I did, those are Dodge tips.  I'll get the pics and post them up for your comparison.

BSB67

I'm guessing....A body.  I believe that the GTS in 68, and maybe 69 had 1 7/8" dia. tailpipes.

If they are 2 1/4", probably B Body Dodge.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Ghoste

I think all of those pics on the Year One page are distorted at best, they all look rectangular or square.  The Plymouth on is very distinctly oval in shape.  The ones here are rectangular.  I'll defer to the OP though because I know he has seen enough Plymouth ones to tell, are they rectangular or oval Bryan?

JB400

I will admit the pics are not showing us the right view, but pull out their catalog for a better view.  I'm still looking for a direct rearview pic.  Found one.

Plymouth     http://ttiexhaust.com/Exhaust%20Tips/Tips.htm

Dodge         http://ttiexhaust.com/Exhaust%20Tips/Tips.htm#rec

Your opinion?

Ghoste

Me too.   Those two TTI pages look identical to me?

JB400

Those are nice, but you haven't proved anything,  STRIKE 1.  Care to try again? :icon_smile_question: 

I will admit some some tips were probably put on both makes, but you need to look again.  Got a pair of glasses?

Ghoste

Glasses?  My friend you have posted generic photos from places selling a variety of tips and I posted a pic of a Plymouth 1969 tip.  The tip in th pic I posted looks oval to me not rectangular so yes, one of us may need glasses.  But feel free to post more rectangular ones, the ones Bryan has are Dodge. 

JB400

Looking in the 69 service manual, yes, those tips you showed are dodge tips. Pat yourself on the back for that.  Those belong on a coronet, BUT, those are not the tips in our buddies' pics.  I'm going to ask that you double check.  In my book, STRIKE 2.

Ghoste

JB400

Now tell me, do you just like arguing with me, or are you just testing the new guy?

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on September 15, 2012, 10:39:17 PM
They are for one of those, how long are they?

14" from tip to tip

these are kind of "rectangular" in shape...not the pronounced "oval" shape like the ones above, (not my pics), the sides of mine have a little bit of a bulge, and the four corners are a bit rounded.

So, if these are Dodge, are they worth anything? Or have these been hanging on my wall for nothing taking up space where some other crap could have been hanging?

Bryan

BSB67

Quote from: BSB67 on September 16, 2012, 12:20:43 PM
I'm guessing....A body.  I believe that the GTS in 68, and maybe 69 had 1 7/8" dia. tailpipes.

If they are 2 1/4", probably B Body Dodge.

I guessed incorrectly.  My A body dodge pipes are different than the ones you have (longer center section).  Your's are for the B Body Dodges.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

oldcarnut

These were on my Coronet.  Wish I had kept it.

Scaregrabber

Not even close to being Plymouth tips. Dodge for sure.

Sheldon

cudakent

They look exactly like the exhaust tips that are on my  69 340s Barracuda Convertible. The picture of the RT Coronets tips are right on, wider and not as fat.