News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Close Call for my Charger, too close...

Started by Moparman01, September 14, 2012, 07:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on September 21, 2012, 05:38:43 AM
Quote from: Cooter on September 19, 2012, 07:32:45 PM
With that said, I generally do not worry bout assholes until they get within 4Ft. of my bumper. Then, it's on....

Within 4ft?  And you are typically doing 10 over when this happens?  I'm not buying this part my friend, I think if you were doing 60 mph and someone was within 4ft of your bumper when you tapped the brakes you'd have whatever their grille emblem is stamped all over the tailgate of your truck.  I'm betting you declare it's "on" quite a bit further out than 4ft.
Not that it matters really.

I have had quite a few ride so close I can only see a Silhouette of the headlights. I cannot see the actual lamps..You tell me killer.

And now to all who want to try and type some sh*t in this thread simply because they disagree wqith my posts. I see another in this thread that basically posted the same thing as I, yet I'm the one that is taking flack. I have my own way of doing things. If you don't like it, fine F-YOU. If you want to try and bust my balls, Fine...F-YOU..
If you wuld like to try and ride my ass, fine..YOU got it coming. Simple as that...Now, with that said, any opposition....F*ck off.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

I did already killer, if they are within 4ft when you are pulling this stunt they have some AMAZING reflexes.  Think about it killer.

JB400

I've had the same thing happen quite a few times.  Those idiots were the highway patrol.

70chargerkrazy

well let me start by saying wer all different if you like bien pushed outa your lane then by all means move over but when you do jest remember one thing your leaving it up to someone else to deal with that a##hole and that person may be your mom or dad or worse your elderly grandparents or even your kid how many have taught your kids to drive i know my 15 and a half year old jest got her permit last month cant keep her eyes off the rearview mirror and when they get close she panics and first oppertunty will jerk the car over to change lanes well you have all ben to this movie where do you think said tailgater wants to be a split second before she does yep you guesd it almost had a collision. then he was an ass tryin to run her off the road cause she had made a mistake in his eyes i made her pull over and he did as well i waited till he got halfway to her car then i got out he turned around got back in his car and hauld a$$ that said my brake check may save your parents grandparents or you kid the hassle or even worse so i say to every body that doesnt agree YOUR WELCOME you keep moving over  :slap:

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Cooter on September 21, 2012, 06:32:21 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 21, 2012, 05:38:43 AM
Quote from: Cooter on September 19, 2012, 07:32:45 PM
With that said, I generally do not worry bout assholes until they get within 4Ft. of my bumper. Then, it's on....

Within 4ft?  And you are typically doing 10 over when this happens?  I'm not buying this part my friend, I think if you were doing 60 mph and someone was within 4ft of your bumper when you tapped the brakes you'd have whatever their grille emblem is stamped all over the tailgate of your truck.  I'm betting you declare it's "on" quite a bit further out than 4ft.
Not that it matters really.

I have had quite a few ride so close I can only see a Silhouette of the headlights. I cannot see the actual lamps..You tell me killer.

And now to all who want to try and type some sh*t in this thread simply because they disagree wqith my posts. I see another in this thread that basically posted the same thing as I, yet I'm the one that is taking flack. I have my own way of doing things. If you don't like it, fine F-YOU. If you want to try and bust my balls, Fine...F-YOU..
If you wuld like to try and ride my ass, fine..YOU got it coming. Simple as that...Now, with that said, any opposition....F*ck off.

Hey "killer," you're advocating a practice that could easily - LITERALLY - kill someone.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Loser.

Ghoste

Quote from: 70chargerkrazy on September 21, 2012, 11:13:36 AMmy brake check may save your parents grandparents or you kid the hassle or even worse so i say to every body that doesnt agree YOUR WELCOME you keep moving over  :slap:

Really?  You think you're doing the rest of the drivers a favor by pulling that stunt?   ::) :rotz:

JB400

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:NOW LOOK!!!  YOU ARE TECHNICALLY JUST AS BAD BREAKCHECKING SOMEONE AS THE PERSON DOING THE TAILGATING!!! IF YOU WANT TO BE THE REAL WINNER, DON'T PLAY AT ALL!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1974dodgecharger

marshallfry01

There is more drama here then there is with women on periods.  :smilielol:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

bill440rt

This is PURE entertainment. And I don't even like dramas.  :icon_smile_big:
Better than X-Factor, even. Well, maybe.
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

70chargerkrazy

well i can see ive made friends ha ha but seriously guys put yourself back at 16. driving to the gas station to get gas in your first car 1970 dodge charger scared shitless for bien on the road alone for the first time n get some jack ass behind u chargen ur bumper youd be freaken out and if you make a mistake your at fault cuz he aint sticken around so i would rather a seasond driver such as you guys brake check the ass so maybe he wont mess with someone that doesnt have the skills that will cause a huge wreck besides at 60 or 70 both vehicles are traveling same speed u brake check a guy your not getn punted as i thought someone wrote itl b nuthing more than tail lite damage and poss a radiator big deal  hopefully the ass will figure its expensive to tail gate me in court. as cooter said i feel my neck starting to hurt already. here in az you rear end me whatever the reasen dog. cat. kid. jackalope. car. your at fault :icon_smile_blackeye:

Chargerguy74

It seems as though the justification for brake checking someone is to prevent them from possibly causing an accident down the road by willingly puting them and yourself in a situation with a much higher probability of disaster. It just makes no sense to me, but I practice defensive driving, not offensive (or reckless driving) which is probably why I don't get it. That being said, my view of brake checking is changing. It may actually make the roads safer. If bad drivers want to take out bad drivers, all the power to them....brake check away. As for me, I'll just continue to keep my distance.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

TUFCAT

I'm not going to add a harsh comment... except to point out Cooter won't take anyone's advise.  :'(

TUFCAT

Ghoste

What do you think Tufcat, would brake checking on Livernois teach anyone a lesson?

TUFCAT

I'd love Cooter to brake check some brutha in the "D".  Homie, don't play that shit here!  O0

JB400

I guess it's safe to assume that you have NEVER brake checked someone?

Ghoste

Speaking for myself, yes that is a safe assumption.  I've done the slow down thing to get them to pass but I never had much interest in testing the reflexes of other drivers.  Drag racing of course not being considered the same as driving.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2012, 02:59:13 PM
Speaking for myself, yes that is a safe assumption.  I've done the slow down thing to get them to pass but I never had much interest in testing the reflexes of other drivers.  Drag racing of course not being considered the same as driving.
That makes at least 2 of us.  I've tapped the brake just enough to light up the lights, and I've slowed down, but not just slam on the brakes.

Ghoste

I don't tap the brakes, I just take my foot out of it and start coasting down to a slower speed.

JB400

Usually, I LIGHTLY place my foot on the brakes JUST enough to turn on the brake lights.  IF that don't work, THEN I just let up on the gas pedal.  They either back off, turn off, or pass me.  No brakechecking.

Moparman01

In the words of Frank Barone..."Holy crap!" This thread went astray just a tad lol  :popcrn:. Anyways, been workin' on the General, got it back out and about today for a little cruising, ran good and i took it pretty easy!! Hopefully by the end of this week i'll have disk breaks on the front, but i hope i never have to use them like i did for my Dukes slide. O well, s*** happens, i'm over it but will be a little more carefull with that new 440 from now on!

JB400

Hey, we've had some fun on your thread.  We just have a better idea of who we'd like behind us, in front of us, or hope they're not on the road. :smilielol:  Glad to hear your incident hasn't stopped you from driving them.  Keep us posted on the front disc setup. :2thumbs:

70chargerkrazy

Glad to here you got them on moparman what did you end up goin with a custom or stock setup oh and realt sorry bout your thread it kinda got out: hand ha ha  :slap:  :smilielol: