News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car #97 Speedweek 2012 record qualification pass BAD ASS

Started by moparstuart, September 11, 2012, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

JB400

Glad to see these cars still doing what they're meant to do, going fast and setting records. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Ain't that the truth.  Impressive that they are still record setters after all these years.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2012, 03:13:06 PM
Ain't that the truth.  Impressive that they are still record setters after all these years.
Hard to improve on the best.

learical1

Yellow 'bird is a clone by the looks of the back window.
Bruce

JB400

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

odcics2

IMO, it means less if they are clones...  =((   I wish they were REAL!!  :yesnod:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

If its being used for what the aero kit was intended for, is it really a clone?  The NASCAR aero warriors were just updated sheetmetal on an existing chassis, were they clones?

1966hemi

Still they are go-fast MOPARS and that's all that counts in my books!

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Aero426

Truth in advertising.   The Lee Sicilio car from another video while under construction appears to be a total tube frame "thingy" with a sort of Daytona body.  It also has a completely different nose configuration where the bottom half of the nose is one big ugly air dam.     I agree it is a very cool machine, and that with the body mods and engine configuration, it is taking the Daytona concept to the next level.  It's eye popping fast.   That said, it's no Bobby Isaac #71 either.   

Check out the build video below.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3t9GfAEb8&list=UUGkullb_nl_FRETbNZeF6rQ&index=2&feature=plcp

68X426

Quote from: 1966hemi on September 11, 2012, 08:58:32 PM
Still they are go-fast MOPARS and that's all that counts in my books!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Great post, thanks Stu.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

tan top

:drool5: :drive: wow !!
thanks for the links & stuff  :cheers: :cheers:

wonder what happened to his old car , started off as an original R/T if i remember correctly  :scratchchin:
  as awesome as the car is , &  its running big speeds , amazing  :o ,  don't think its the same as the stock boddied charger/ daytona clone with two big carbs on a tunnel  ram feeding the hemi  :Twocents:
  bit too hi-tec  :Twocents:

still an awesome bit of hardware though   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

odcics2

Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2012, 08:55:42 PM
If its being used for what the aero kit was intended for, is it really a clone?  The NASCAR aero warriors were just updated sheetmetal on an existing chassis, were they clones?

We both know that the race wing cars were updated from the Nichels built, under contract by Chrysler, '68 and '69 model year existing race cars. In a few cases 70 model year cars.
Now, if the Ramo Bird were to go out there, or the #71 K&K, or the #88, after it's done being restored, of even the Show Car #6, to me, that would be cooler to see run.

Here's a good point: Under a Chrysler contract, Creative made Daytonas. Under a Chrysler contract, so did Nichels Engineering! 

I like the fact that the 'New Wing Cars" are out there, turning great speeds.   It's good P.R. for wing cars in general!!    We NEED that.    I'd like to see the interest for 'our' cars remain high.

As a slight side bar - we got a new guy at work that, being only 22 years old, doesn't know what a Plymouth is, let alone a Superbird!    I am not lying.  We take for granted EVERYONE knows about wing cars!  Wish that was true...   

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

JB400

Darn, what did they put in the water after I was born? I agree that seeing a vintage wing car doing what it was meant to do.  I also agree that our cars need better publicity.  Would everyone do me a favor, and quit destroying them in Hollywood, at Dukefest, and in their backyards. I'd appreciate it.

bigfastjohn

As a genuine Daytona owner and a saltracer I can think of nothing I would care less for than taking the Daytona to the lake. Salt is the worst thing for eating cars I have come across. I hope only lookalikes see such treatment.

Ghoste

Plymouth Olds Pontiac and Mercury are the modern Maxwell, Oakland and Edsel and slip further into the forgotten vault every year.  You are so right, but we are holding up a banner for cars not everyone remembers.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection