News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hate the IFR drivers as much texters!

Started by Ghoste, September 10, 2012, 08:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

The public doesn't care.  The Roaring Twenties brought ostentatious coachbuilt cars for the wealthy, the space age brought rocket ship styling and fins and the personal electronic age has gee whiz on board computers.

Cooter

What I find funny is the fact that any new vehicle NOT equipped with all these "Distractions" won't sell because of it..Yet, if there, they cause crashes. Hmmmm...Maybe we need to go back to a Holy sh*t, Simpler time where cars were harder and took more effort to drive, therefore, forced you concentrated on maybe DRIVING instead of texting, radio, Phone calls, eating, etc.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Let's take a look at what the custom cars have got as well.  Everyone is sticking the exact same stuff in them that the oem's are building as well.  Do you need to have t.v.s in every headrest? Do you need to have an orchestra in your car that everyone across town can here? I don't mind ac.  Who uses gps to locate their favorite diner that they have gone to for the last 10-20 years?  Who, located anywhere, is so important to talk to that you can't wait to get home, to work, or anywhere to talk to them on the phone? (Please note, there are SOME exceptions. But not someone your on your way to see, or seen 5 minutes ago.) Has anyone forgotten that a phone is actually used for talking?  Mine does almost everything besides talking except cook me dinner.  It can order it though.  Besides, why be in such a damn hurry. You get there 2 minutes quicker maybe, or I'm right beside you at the next stoplight.  We need to try an experiment.  Take a random person, give them a car, something like a 58 Edsel.  Make them drive it a month, no gadgets, gizmos and just drive the car. No gadgets at home either. No computer, no t.v., no cell phone.  I'll let them have a radio.  Would that person be happier before or after?  I don't know if they would be happier, but they might have a better appreciation for everything.  Maybe, they would be more responsible with what they have.  I doubt it if a random person could drive a 58 Edsel.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on September 12, 2012, 05:04:30 PM
Um, no Edsel till 58....Just sayin' :D
I do apologize. I should double check my references.  Thanks for double checking me, I fixed it.  If there's anything else, please let me know. :icon_smile_wink:
Nice to know someones' got my back.  I don't get that much here at home.

XH29N0G

I think I would be happier.  Wouldn't have to adjust the hearing aid and wouldn't have to keep putting on and taking off my reading glasses to read the texts, GPS, speedo, etc......
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

TK73

Not one in the car but phone has one.  Only use it when I really need...

Usually I 'll look up the place first on a map.  If having difficulty I PULL OVER to look at GPS
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!