News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering wheel question

Started by AKcharger, September 28, 2012, 12:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

What color is that spacer thing supposed to be and do I need it? I looked a shots of other 1970 interiors and I couldn't see it, but supposedly its a "must have" for 1970 A and B bodies.

Anyone smart on this? was going to install it on my car

richRTSE

that spacer is black plastic, used on 70s, not on 68/9s, because the 70 column is thicker than the earlier ones, and there will be a gap without it......the 70 wheel will fit all 3 yrs, the earlier wheel won't fit a 70 unless you add those 3 small holes to hold the plastic spacer...

edit*-this is true for b-bodies, not sure about a-bodies   :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

The actual horn ring is 70 specific as well....68-69 is tapered to fit into column where 70 is larger around...

Hard to tell in your pic but yours looks like a 68-69 piece?  :shruggy:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

richRTSE

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 29, 2012, 06:37:44 PM
The actual horn ring is 70 specific as well....68-69 is tapered to fit into column where 70 is larger around...

Hard to tell in your pic but yours looks like a 68-69 piece?  :shruggy:

yep, forgot about the horn ring....here's a picture I had of both...the 70 is the bottom one...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

plumbeeper

The 68-69 is part number 2925135...The 70 part number is 2996720

http://www.woodgrainwheels.com
CLICK ABOVE FOR THE BEST MOPAR WOODGRAIN STEERING WHEEL RESTORATIONS

AKcharger

Ahhh, OK good picture. yup I have a '68-'69 one. Can you buy that part new? Wheels installed looks fine, untill you look hard

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: AKcharger on October 26, 2012, 09:40:30 PM
Ahhh, OK good picture. yup I have a '68-'69 one. Can you buy that part new? Wheels installed looks fine, untill you look hard

Yup....click the link & go to the next page...
http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=46
Chris' '69 Charger R/T