News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bumper bolts and other spare parts...

Started by bull, September 09, 2012, 11:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Is that what these are in the 1st pic? Bumper bolts? If so are they to hold the bumper brackets to the frame rails?

And while we're identifying fasteners, what's this big bolt for in the 2nd/3rd pic? I seem to recall trying to get it to work on the idler arm (steering) but it wouldn't fit.

Fred

Pic #1 Bumper bolts to hold the bumper brackets to the rear frame rails.
pic #2 Bolt for knuckle to knuckle arm.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

HeavyFuel

Yeah, the top four should be this...see pic.

They push through holes into the trunk and have BIG washers.

Don't forget the serated retaining washers and the foamy gasket. :2thumbs:

You are far enough along that it should be to the point of "process of elimination", eh?   I thought your rear bumper was already on?

bull

Quote from: HeavyFuel on September 10, 2012, 09:30:03 AM

You are far enough along that it should be to the point of "process of elimination", eh?   I thought your rear bumper was already on?

It is on, that's part of the problem. The body shop put it on after paint using regular bolts and didn't ask for the right ones. And I had these in a pile of rusty stuff until recently. They looked important so I kept them. ;) I like to keep all the square-edged nuts too. You don't see those anymore and I've been replating them and using them where I can.

Where can you get those?

bull

Fred

Quote from: bull on September 10, 2012, 10:14:35 AM
Quote from: Fred on September 10, 2012, 02:43:12 AM
pic #2 Bolt for knuckle to knuckle arm.

Knuckle to knuckle arm?

the bolt connects the front axle to lower ball joint. you need two bolts each side.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bull

:scratchchin: I'll have to look and see what I used there.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: bull on September 10, 2012, 10:09:42 AM

You are far enough along that it should be to the point of "process of elimination", eh?   I thought your rear bumper was already on?

It is on, that's part of the problem. The body shop put it on after paint using regular bolts and didn't ask for the right ones. And I had these in a pile of rusty stuff until recently. They looked important so I kept them. ;) I like to keep all the square-edged nuts too. You don't see those anymore and I've been replating them and using them where I can.

Where can you get those?
The hardware stores have the retainers, and I made the gaskets out of a some durable foam type stuff I had on hand.  There were remnants left when I disassembled.

bull

And the foamy gaskets go between the frame and the body?

HeavyFuel