News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 Hood release???

Started by Dodgerdallas, September 09, 2012, 05:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgerdallas

My hood release is missing the handle inside and at the latch theres no stem sticking out of the casing,the internal wire could be broken off inside or missing completely,is there any aftermarket offering anything to replace this or does anybody know of a source I can contact to help out? The cable is the choke/lawn mower throttle control type of line,anybody know of a place that sells it at this length,I could make something work.
This is gonna be cheap and easy......

Ghoste

I'd put an ad in the parts wanted here and and let your needs be known at the 66-67 Charger Forum as well.  Someone will have your part.

Dodgerdallas

Thanks I'll put it in,as far as the 66-67 forum I can't get logged in no how many times I try,something to do w cookies...

Ghoste

A383wing should be able to help you, he has something to do with that site.  I never really go on there anymore myself.

Big Sugar

Contact doug at windslowmotorsports. On ebay. You can reach him at       www.66-67charger.com.   
His username is "Indydoc"

He makes new refirbished hood realeases for the 66 and67 charger.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Dodgerdallas

Thanks for the info,I'll try to get on the site again-maybe I could email him if nothing else,great!

Ghoste

And for the record, anybody reading this that has a 67 and are thinking, "hey my car doesn't have an inside hood release", it's not supposed to.  Its a 66 only thing.

ODZKing

Quote from: Dodgerdallas on September 09, 2012, 06:11:43 PM
Thanks I'll put it in,as far as the 66-67 forum I can't get logged in no how many times I try,something to do w cookies...
Yeah, that is why I don't bother with that site anymore.
A383wing should be able to help you.

Ghoste

I never had any trouble logging on there but I just didn't find much reason to visit the site anymore.  Its been quite a long time since I participated there or even lurked.

A383Wing

Doug can rebuild yours, but you have to have the pull handle and the first part of the cable assembly

Brayn

Big Sugar

it's a 66 only thing eh ? That Hood release thingy......So how did the 67 guys ever get under the Hood ?

Ron

66 with a hood release

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

Read again, I said INSIDE hood release. ;)

Dodgerdallas

Never understood why they would put a secure hood latch one year and not the next,seems to be marching backwards...

Ghoste

Today they call it "decontenting" and try to pretend its for the customers benefit.  My only guess as to why they did it in the Charger for 67 was because they knew the fastback ride was over.  They went to the console used by their other cars and the 68 model would be well in the works even before the 66 was released so there would be no sense plugging features that would be missing on the next gen Charger?

ODZKing

There were many cost cuts on the 67, some good, some bad to try to keep the cost down on what was a "luxury" musle car. 
Personally I didn't and still don't appreciate an inside hood latch.  No point to it.   :rotz:

Ghoste

It keeps the carb theft down and stops the jerkoffs at car shows who think its their right to throw open your hood and have a look underneath.

A383Wing

I got a pair of 66's...both have the inside hood release pull handle, and I can still get my finger under the hood chrome and open the hoods from the outside....I have done it many times because I'm too damn lazy to walk around to the side of the car, open the door, and pull the hood release

Bryan

ODZKing

I agree with Bryan ... that doens't stop anyone.  Same as those stupid locking lug nuts and goofy screws on the radio.  Only thing it DOES do is piss 'em off so they trash your interior on the way out!   :RantExplode:

Ghoste

You can do it on many newer cars too.  SOrry maybe it doesn't stop anyone but it at least slows them down.

Dodgerdallas

If it came on the car I want it working,I think it's cool,you didn't see a lot of them back then....

Ghoste

Thats maybe the best reason of all. :2thumbs: :cheers: