News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to find what cam and bore

Started by lasvegas69charg, September 09, 2012, 06:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

how do I find out what cam I have in my motor.  I pulled the cam and the only number on it is 89988 and m1891.  Also my dad said he had the motor bored .030 over. How do I find out if it has. This is the first motor I have pulled apart. Thanks.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Chryco Psycho

can be hard to trace , you can measure duration with a degree wheel & dial gauge & lift with a dial gauge, mic or caliper across the low points of the lobe & the high points

Cooter

Well, the .030 over part is easy as the pistons will usually have a .030 Stamped in the tops. Camshaft? Good luck. All I've been able to get is an approx. on the lift with slide calipers.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

lasvegas69charg

cooter your right. After I cleaned the top of the piston there is a stamp that had .03. Thanks for the info.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉