News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger in Phoenix Craigslist for $10,000 but worth $45,000..................

Started by skip68, September 07, 2012, 08:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EccentricMagpies

I shouldn't have sounded so hard on this car with my first comment.  Hard to tell what he has and what he doesn't have with his ad.
I see a painted front bumper and what looks like a '72 rear bumper??  So these are temporay bumpers since the orig. are being re-chromed?

If all that is left is to put in the wire harness, why not finish that so someone can actually hear it run and take it out.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on September 09, 2012, 08:45:55 PM
I shouldn't have sounded so hard on this car with my first comment.  Hard to tell what he has and what he doesn't have with his ad.
I see a painted front bumper and what looks like a '72 rear bumper??  So these are temporay bumpers since the orig. are being re-chromed?

If all that is left is to put in the wire harness, why not finish that so someone can actually hear it run and take it out.

some people are hard headed so you gotta be hard with comments.....just how life is.

bobs66440

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 09, 2012, 08:35:07 PM

Everyone who has reviewed the generations of chargers will say the same 2nd gen will always be the best body style over all others.
Hmmm. Not EVERYONE. It's a matter of opinion.  ;)

1974dodgecharger

You can tell the guy dont know chargers when someone thinks you can sink XXX amount of dollars into a 'CHARGER' name and expect XXX multiply 2 back or something.

aussiemuscle

i hate guys who quote it's value 'after it's fixed up'.  :eyes:

"it'll be a $250,000 car when done"
"yeah, but it's not done, is it?"

JB400

Quote from: EccentricMagpies on September 09, 2012, 08:45:55 PM

The smart thing to do was just go ahead and finiish it and then post it.  Of course, he might not be the one posting it.  Maybe, his significant other that's jealous over the lack of attention.  If he gets it back together, he might change his mind about selling.

Gary42

Quote from: Cooter on September 09, 2012, 05:08:56 PM
No offense to third Gen Charger owners, but these things are a sad Offering after the 2nd gens. HUGE bumpers. This is a perfect example of Just because it's an older car, doesn't mean it's worth a fortune. PLENTY of old cars out there and no matter how "Antique" they get, they will always be worth diddly. Sorta like the VERY RARE 1977 Chevy Nova 4dr with optional smoking inline 250 6 Cyl.

Or the illusive 1982 Chevy Chevette.

Ouch....its not all the 3rd gen Chargers that you should put in this category. Remember, in 1971/72 Chrysler did change the body style allot, but tried to keep some of the nostalgia of the 2rd gen Chargers with the addition of the R/T and Rally line. They kept the center console, tac, hidaway headlights, and even the "wrap" around bumpers. It wasn't until 1973 that they added the "granny" big bumper/bumpetts for national safety. The entire 1973 Charger began it march into no where with its introduction. Like many have said on here before: the "end" of the true muscle cars ended with the BB 440 4 speed Rally cars in 1972. I know some will disagree with this statement, but you have to admit: a BB 440 4 speed car, no matter if its a 68-72 is what it is, a BB MOPAR that will never be offered again.

Many people have said the samething about the 69 Stingray Corvette, 69/70 Camaro, 70 Mustang, etc, when the body styles changed "forever." Remember: if "we" buy a Charger, be it 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gen Chargers, its because "we" liked the way they looked, not because it was the only thing we could afford. That's why so many have to admit, Chrysler screwed up with the introduction of the "new" Charger: SORRY, BUT A CHARGER, NO MATTER WHAT YEAR HAS "NEVER" BEEN FOUR DOORS, lol. They made it big with the introduction of the "new" Challengers, esp the SRT line. Maybe that's why I bought my 2010 Torred Rally edition Challenger, because it looked good to me and it drives/runs like "no" vintage Charger (not even my 1972 Rally Charger) with ever drive/run. Just a thought I guess.....
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

Ghoste

Blanket statements can be like that huh?  I wonder how a Hemi four speed 71 Charger RT would fare in the value war against a 69 Charger with a 318 and a column shifted auto?

Gary42

Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2012, 09:30:47 PM
Blanket statements can be like that huh?  I wonder how a Hemi four speed 71 Charger RT would fare in the value war against a 69 Charger with a 318 and a column shifted auto?

Have seen a few on e-bay my friend, have and have "never" seen a 69 318 Charger go for the amount it went for. There is a numbers matching, 440 six pack 71 Superbee on e-bay right now coming in at $89,000.00, and it still has 3 days to go, and 3rd gen Chargers are not a big deal, lol. I think someone has to "revise" an earlier statement, lol......

- Mark Twain

Gary42

Maybe that's why I like this new toy so much, lol......

- Mark Twain

Gary42

Hummmm..........guess this one went for over $70,000.00 because it was a piece of junk 3rd gen too........now I'm being sarcastic, sorry I don't mean to be that way. I guess I don't like "blanket" statements after all, lol....

- Mark Twain

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Gary42 on September 10, 2012, 10:00:49 PM
Hummmm..........guess this one went for over $70,000.00 because it was a piece of junk 3rd gen too........now I'm being sarcastic, sorry I don't mean to be that way. I guess I don't like "blanket" statements after all, lol....

the so called 'winner' will not pay!!!!  its not a blanket statment, but 99% of the time a 2nd gen will fetch more than a 3rd or 1st. its like that 68 charger thats gets reposted on ebay for like 130k or something its been on there for 2 years now....winner will not pay it period.

So yes 3rd gens will not fetch more than a 2nd gen.

JB400

I guess 71 charger hemi 4 speeds are a dime a dozen.  I have 11 dimes, 14 nickels, 7 quarters, 22 pennies, and no sense.  I think I just bought everyone made that year.  :lol: :smilielol:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 10, 2012, 11:33:26 PM
I guess 71 charger hemi 4 speeds are a dime a dozen.  I have 11 dimes, 14 nickels, 7 quarters, 22 pennies, and no sense.  I think I just bought everyone made that year. :flush:

not at all my man...its a nice charger.....

JB400

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 10, 2012, 11:52:00 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 10, 2012, 11:33:26 PM
I guess 71 charger hemi 4 speeds are a dime a dozen.  I have 11 dimes, 14 nickels, 7 quarters, 22 pennies, and no sense.  I think I just bought everyone made that year. :flush:

not at all my man...its a nice charger.....
All chargers are nice in one way or another.  Sorry, I picked the wrong smiley earlier. :brickwall:

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

skip68

Not sure about the pissing contest but the 68-69-70 chargers will always be more popular and in general bring more money.   I still want a 71-74 Charger because I've never had one and I like the look.  I've come close to buying a few but haven't found the right one yet.  They still have sleek sexy muscle car lines.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Gary42

I guess "we all" can agree on one thing: its a matter of preference and style that will sell a car. Not every Charger sold is a 30-$70,000.00 car, but to some they are worth a million because we all have different tastes.  :cheers: Just my opinion I guess ;)

- Mark Twain

JB400

Quote from: Gary42 on September 11, 2012, 08:17:31 AM
I guess "we all" can agree on one thing: its a matter of preference and style that will sell a car. Not every Charger sold is a 30-$70,000.00 car, but to some they are worth a million because we all have different tastes.  :cheers: Just my opinion I guess ;)
If we all agreed on something, we'd have nothing to debate.  We'd all be a bunch of "yes" man to each other.  Besides, if we didn't agree to disagree,  who else are we going to debate with, the significant other?  Guess who just won that debate?

Gary42

:cheers: :popcrn:
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 02:05:11 PM
Quote from: Gary42 on September 11, 2012, 08:17:31 AM
If we all agreed on something, we'd have nothing to debate.  We'd all be a bunch of "yes" man to each other.  Besides, if we didn't agree to disagree,  who else are we going to debate with, the significant other?  Guess who just won that debate?

- Mark Twain

DougMN

Some guy puts an ad on craigslist, and the next thing you know people on a web site with much in common start going after each other. Isn't human nature interesting?

1974dodgecharger

In the end spec per spec wise all things being equal a 2nd gen will always fetch more than a 3rd gen.

thats the honest truth spec wise due to body style and same with 2nd gen vs 1st.  2nd gen wins out price wise....

Not that any of it matters because we all have our preference...if I didnt have a job or money I would get a 3rd gen since those are cheaper than 1st gens, but I have some money to spend so IM opting for 2nd gen.

myk

Quote from: DougMN on September 11, 2012, 09:13:49 PM
Some guy puts an ad on craigslist, and the next thing you know people on a web site with much in common start going after each other. Isn't human nature interesting?

Disgusting is more like it.  How did a discussion about a ridiculous ad turn into a generations war?  Besides, if you really want the truth it's the 2012 Charger that's the best-est... :smilielol:

JB400

Quote from: myk on September 11, 2012, 11:37:34 PM

Disgusting is more like it.  How did a discussion about a ridiculous ad turn into a generations war?  Besides, if you really want the truth it's the 2012 Charger that's the best-est... :smilielol:
Quote from: myk on September 11, 2012, 11:37:34 PM

Disgusting is more like it.  How did a discussion about a ridiculous ad turn into a generations war?  Besides, if you really want the truth it's the 2012 Charger that's the best-est... :smilielol:
EEEEEEEEENt!!!!!! Wrong answer.  The next one is always more better than the current one.  At least until it comes out.  Then, the next one will be better. And no, we aren't at war yet, my gun ain't loaded, but my mouth is. :icon_smile_big: