News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The "Special" people of Kijiji/Craigslist/E-Bay

Started by 6spd68, June 19, 2015, 03:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6spd68

I figure hey, we have a topic dedicated to "Delusional Charger Sellers", why not a topic on delusional people on the whole?

I'll lead the pack...  This Genius wants 25,000$ for this...   :rotz:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/markham-york-region/collectible-classic/1081372400?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

^^^  Not only that, but a COLLECTABLE CLASSIC  :rofl:

1991 GMC Safari van, previously owned by the City of York Fire Department, 5 passenger, power steering, power brakes, automatic w/ overdrive, stereo, air conditioning, privacy glass, original paint, fully maintained, 158,000kms, one of a kind collectible, $25,000

Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mopar4me

I think There are 2 too many zero's in their price!

Trulyvintage

I believe that will sell " In A New York Minute " ....  :2thumbs:

Jim

6spd68

23,000$ ???
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/1989-pontiac-bonneville-sse/1083667809?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Original kilometres 21,000, SSE edition BBS wheels has been storage since year 2000 mint condition power everything. Collection Car or driven. Valued at $23,000

Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

skip68

Maybe it's 23,000 pesos.    :slap: where the Hell do these people get their information from?    $23K, I bet it's supposed to be $2,300.   :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Stevearino

Lord Warlock

Actually, on that Bonneville, I'd pay over 10k for one of those with really low miles, not 23k, but 10k.  Wife drove an 1988 Bonneville SSE in the 90s, I got it in 91, traded it in for a new intrepid....which was a lemon.  The SSE was an outstanding road car, very comfortable with cloth interior, leather was even nicer.  My wife still raves about that old SSE.  With her about due for a new car, I've been looking for low mileage..reasonably priced old SSE's.  this one doesn't quite fit the profile, but I will say they hit their bottom value by 2000, and should be going up by now.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

6spd68

Bonnevilles are great cars, I've owned and loved two 85's...  Anyone I knew who drove newer ones always said they were great cars.  For a lower mileage SSE, you should be at about 3500$ MAX though. 
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

Lord Warlock

If they are going that low, think I'll search some more, pretty sure she'd take another one over a new mazda cx5.  Save us some money.  I haven't seen one around here in at least the last six months.   
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

VegasCharger

Quote from: 6spd68 on June 19, 2015, 03:45:28 PM
I figure hey, we have a topic dedicated to "Delusional Charger Sellers", why not a topic on delusional people on the whole?

Very cool ideal. I was wondering if I should ever start a topic of a bad Craigslist ads thread. This would fit the bill as I do not want to start it now because I would be copying. I was going to do this because I've seen so many crappy CL ads weather it be way over priced, crappy postage stamp sized pics taken at night, two word ads etc.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Craigslist, just bad ads in general from other sources like your subject states Kikiji, eBay and CL. In which I like the title you used for this topic.

If it starts catching on I will be posting a lot of nonsense ads myself.

Good job none-the-less :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

6spd68

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/city-of-toronto/matching-number-1972-oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme/1087270337

^Hurts me to put this one up, but I really want to hear others opinions.  I sold this car for 9500$ last year, the current owner now thinks it's worth 25K?  :eek2: Don't get me wrong, it's nice; just had very many little things that needed attention.  I know the car, and unless he's had 5-6000$ worth of metal work (which I doubt as there was rust under the "original vynl top"), it can't be worth much more than 11K.  He does mention dual exaust, so he's at least fixed that, and I'm truely hoping he dealt with the typical rot on the dash where it connects to the windshield (200$ sheet metal, probably 1000$ in laybour). 

High dollar; a 1972 Cutlass Supreme Coupe is only worth about 14,500$ (It's not a convertable, W-31, or 442).  Am I wrong?  I'll let you be the judge...

As Listed:
I have for sale in great condition a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with matching numbers 350 ROCKET Motor and Tranny and Dual Stainless Steel Exhaust.
Gold in colour with 2 black racing stripes.
ORIGINAL black vinyl Interior.
ORIGINAL black vinyl top.
Also with this buy comes ORIGINAL bill of sale (purchased in September 1971) with original keys.

^My parking spot! LOL!!!
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

rt green

third string oil changer

Baldwinvette77

The listing is down, but i met a guy who was selling a running beater of a 60 lesabre 4 door sedan for 20,000$

He came by my house for whatever reason and offered to trade for my cutlass, i just said "i wasn't planning on selling"
he then goes on to tell me how a 60 lesabre sedan is superior to a cutlass in that buick was a higher class brand. I jokingly said "well why do you think only old fat people had buicks?"

Next he said "so are you interested in trading or no?" i asked "well, how much are you willing to pay me along with your buick?"

He said "pay you? this car is worth 5 times as much as your cutlass" .. then he literally went on to tell me about his life story.. im not even kidding, i never heard a man talk so much in one sitting  :brickwall:

I've met people who asked if my car was for sale, but why would you drive up to someones house and ask if they wanted to trade?   :RantExplode:

Lord Warlock

anyone coming to the house better be holding large wads of cash to tempt me or they wouldn't get time of day.  They can't see most of my cars anyway since they are behind a 5 foot tall fence.  If someone wants my challenger bad enough I'd sell it though, can get another one if I wanted to. They can see that from the street.

As to the hardtop cutlass,  it really depends on buyers and what they'll pay, I don't see many 60s or early 70s cars in nice  driver shape pull under 12k often, old rusted hulks yes, drivers no. 

6spd68

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/ottawa/custom-cruiser/1088337741?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

30,000$ ???  :o

EDIT** From add
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Won't find a better or more solid car on the road engine is a 403 all rebuilt all new, 8000kms On the engine. $25,000 firm

EDIT**
Now 15,000 FIRM ...  Still about 10k off on the pricing there ...  Top end I could see this going for 6500-7500 at the absolute most...

Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

6spd68

Why get a 318 Charger, when you can have this lovely machine for 17000$?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/london/1982-chevrolet-caprice/1089002528?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

1982 CHEVROLET CAPRICE

ONE OWNER

ONLY 40,000km (Orginal)
Brand new custom 15" rims & tires
Fully restored from the chassis and up
Everything in excellent & working condition
Always winter stored

Asking $17,000 Safety & E tested

Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

Baldwinvette77

6spd68

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1993-ford-mustang-coupe-2-door/1089229944?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
^ You could easily build and paint 2 for the asking price...

1993 Ford Mustang Coupe (2 door) - 28,000$
ORIGINAL OWNER full cage 347 stroker motor uised on the street only never seen winter Mickey thompson street slicks convo pro rims car is beautiful it's my baby no low ballers
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

6spd68

Are these really worth that much now?!?  I remember when you could get them for under 20K in the early 2000's  :shruggy:

Beautiful example though  :scratchchin:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/kitchener-waterloo/1981-delorean-5spd/1101334142?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Absolutely stunning 1981 DeLorean for sale.
Has all the reliability updates with no mechanical issues. All original interior.
19000 miles.
Lowball offers will be ridiculed.
$119,000

Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

6spd68

Because RT Coronet means numbers matching nut and bolt restored Hemi Charger  :2thumbs:
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

Dino

Quote from: 6spd68 on September 10, 2015, 08:15:50 AM
Are these really worth that much now?!?  I remember when you could get them for under 20K in the early 2000's  :shruggy:

Beautiful example though  :scratchchin:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/kitchener-waterloo/1981-delorean-5spd/1101334142?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Absolutely stunning 1981 DeLorean for sale.
Has all the reliability updates with no mechanical issues. All original interior.
19000 miles.
Lowball offers will be ridiculed.
$119,000

I was very close to buying one in 2010.  The going rate was $25K for a really nice car, $20K for a driver that needed some TLC.  They've gone up since then, but this guy is a dreamer...and I'm being nice.  God examples will run mid 30s now and you can still buy them brand new assembled from DMC Texas for $45-50K I believe.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.