News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona on ebay

Started by cdr, September 06, 2012, 02:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mytur Binsdirti

That car was for sale at Carlisle for around 110-115 (I believe). No offense to the owner, but it looks better in pictures.

Indygenerallee

Is that the cardboard sign car!!  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

Beep Beep Dave

Just under $100k at Carlisle:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

moparstuart

pretty good shape for being a circle tracker   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

No shit.... That's the last thing I would be telling perspective buyers (even if it were true)  ::)

hotrod98

Original steel?   The hood is a regular Charger hood, not a Daytona hood.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

1970Moparmann

Beat to crap.  No wonder a dealer thinks it's worth more then what reality will bring.  Yet again, another vote for Troy's car!!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

FJ5WING

dare I say Y2 is becoming the new FJ5  :nutkick:

come on Im kidding!!! the OE Gold Daytona (John's) is amazing and we all cant wait to see Taxi (Wingin It) get transformed into its old gloryious self!
wingless now, but still around.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: FJ5WING on September 06, 2012, 08:30:32 PM
dare I say Y2 is becoming the new FJ5  :nutkick:

come on Im kidding!!! the OE Gold Daytona (John's) is amazing and we all cant wait to see Taxi (Wingin It) get transformed into its old gloryious self!

Ha yeah, but mine will be a  CAT 440 model  per Mr. Roper   :D
I already told John I will have to distinguish mine from his.
Hmmm  maybe some flames ....  :lol:

WINGIN IT

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 06, 2012, 07:45:18 PM
Original steel?   The hood is a regular Charger hood, not a Daytona hood.

So what's the difference between the 2 hoods again?

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on September 07, 2012, 10:20:45 AM
Quote from: hotrod98 on September 06, 2012, 07:45:18 PM
Original steel?   The hood is a regular Charger hood, not a Daytona hood.

So what's the difference between the 2 hoods again?

The 4 support/reenforcement ribs on the production Charger versus the smooth one for the Daytona. They are located at the front edge of the hood.. In the picture of the hood on this thread, you can see clearly 2 of the ribs..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,8213.0.html
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Indygenerallee

no ridges underneath on a Daytona

hotrod98

When I build Daytona clones, I remove those dimples. Allen, did you ever notice that on your hood?  ;D
It's just something extra that I do. Isn't as easy as it would seem either. I can spend an entire day just altering the hood. We've had the discussion on here before that there was possibly a Daytona or two that might have left the factory with a 70 Charger hood.

Charles Addams

41husk

Larry, I honestly never paid any attention to it before, but I will take a look.  I have no complaints on anything you did on my car :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on September 07, 2012, 01:22:49 PM
Larry, I honestly never paid any attention to it before, but I will take a look.  I have no complaints on anything you did on my car :2thumbs:
i heard you really hated it and were going to give it to me   :icon_smile_big:

WINGIN IT

Thanks for the insight and the link Troy.
Man the more I read the more I think it was just a miracle these cars got built !

Not to get way off topic as I know some of these posts do  :icon_smile_big: , but the link Troy posted above talked about the hood latches being different as well.
When looking at mine, we noticed there was no lever to lift up on, and it appeared it was like that from the factory, not broken off or anything.

So were there different styles of hood latches or Daytona specfic?

41husk

Quote from: moparstuart on September 07, 2012, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: 41husk on September 07, 2012, 01:22:49 PM
i heard you really hated it and were going to give it to me   :icon_smile_big:

Wow! I realy have to stop drinking :cheers:  It seems that conversation completly slipped my mind :scratchchin: :nana:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

A friend of mine that saw your car being built keeps saying that he's going to talk you into selling it to him. I told him that I thought he just might be wasting his time. Besides, I get first dibs at buying it back.   ;D

Charles Addams

41husk

Well I said I would never sell the 68 I sold to buy the Daytona, so I try to never say never.  However if I could some how afford a real Daytona or bird, say for example the black ice Superbird I would probably sell my Daytona :popcrn: :popcrn:  God, Am I turning into Troy ?:shruggy:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on September 07, 2012, 10:31:25 PM
Well I said I would never sell the 68 I sold to buy the Daytona, so I try to never say never.  However if I could some how afford a real Daytona or bird, say for example the black ice Superbird I would probably sell my Daytona :popcrn: :popcrn:  God, Am I turning into Troy ?:shruggy:
allen trade :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 41husk on September 07, 2012, 10:31:25 PM

Yes you are !!!  Scenarios running through your head are TOTALLY free........ One never finds the gold unless searched for.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

I would love to trade my Superbird for Joe's (wingin it) Daytona but he's enjoying it too much to even think about a trade.  ;D
I like Daytonas and Superbirds both equally but if you own a bird, you tend to want a Daytona and vice-versa...lol
One of each would be nice but that would mean selling a whole bunch of my other toys.

Charles Addams

FJ5WING

I havent seen a Daytona owner that wanted a Bird yet. Other than the 6bbl and pistol grip I dont see why they would? We could go on and on about the differences but that was all covered in another thread.
wingless now, but still around.