News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carshow music

Started by SmashingPunkFan, September 06, 2012, 08:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2012, 11:17:58 AM
That whole band are younger dudes, nice to see.

Tis good to see some of the younger Gen. understand what really GOOD rock And Roll is today, as most of the musci today isn't really music at all. it's just a bunch of sampled noises compiled together as "Music".
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Charger4404spd

Ghoste

He looks more like Quaid playing the Killer in that movie though.  (to me)

Tilar

Those boys are pretty darn good.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ponch ®

they suck.

No, i haven't even listened to them yet and I'm not going to bother doing so either, since theyre not something I'm familiar with. They're not from the mid-90's, when music was good, therefore it stands to reason that they must suck. I know what I like. :D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Tilar

They made good music in the mid 90's? I'd like to know where because I never heard any on the radio.   :hah:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

JB400

Obviously, we aren't talking about some country music.  Garth Brooks ain't bad at all.  Shania Twain ain't bad either, or bad looking. 

Ponch ®

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 03:36:17 PM
Obviously, we aren't talking about some country music.  Garth Brooks ain't bad at all.  Shania Twain ain't bad either, or bad looking.  

Country music? Pshaw. Who would want to listen to that? It sounds like rejected Eagles songs and the lyrics are illiterate hick gobbledydook about shootin' my sister with my shotgun because I done caught her cheatin' on me with my cousin in the back of my dead mama's truck. Nope, it sucks too.  :D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2012, 03:40:29 PM
Obviously, we aren't talking about some country music.  Garth Brooks ain't bad at all.  Shania Twain ain't bad either, or bad looking.  

Country music? Pshaw. Who would want to listen to that? It sounds like rejected Eagles songs and the lyrics are illiterate hick gobbledydook about shootin' my sister with my shotgun because I done caught her cheatin' on me with my cousin in the back of my dead mama's truck. Nope, it sucks too.  :D

I saw that movie.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

JB400

No love on this topic. :'( Good thing I have the Top Gun soundtrack.  Can't bash Kenny Loggins  or the one hit wonder Berlin :coolgleamA:  Kid Rock ain't too bad either.

Ghoste

Ghoste

The general direction of the thread made me laugh, not any one particular thing.  (and it most assuredly was not a direct response to your post prior to the laughing smileys)

JB400

Nice to know I'm not the only duck sitting on the pond during duck season.  Wait, where did everyone go?

Ponch ®

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 04:00:56 PM
No love on this topic. :'( Good thing I have the Top Gun soundtrack.  Can't bash Kenny Loggins  or the one hit wonder Berlin :coolgleamA:  Kid Rock ain't too bad either.

Top Gun? Blah...just another example of the superficial, jingoistic movie making of the modern days. Me fly plane. Me Drive race car. Me have big dick. Back in the good old days, movies had character development and a linear narrative...every movie should follow the examples of the wholesomeness of "Birth of  Nation" and the wittiness of "The Gay Divrocee". Now, THOSE were movies..unlike the crap those young whippersnappers Cameron and Spielberg are making nowadays.

JB400

I was talking mUSIC, not mOVIE.  The ship sunk, get over it. 

bill440rt

Ducks? Did someone say ducks???  :rofl:

Someone sent me this today, reminded me of this thread.  :icon_smile_big: :smilielol:

http://biggeekdad.com/2010/06/old-rock-stars/
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ponch ®

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 04:23:52 PM
I was talking mUSIC, not mOVIE.  The ship sunk, get over it.  

Ship? what kind of ship? Are you talking about one of these newfangled stealth boats or these so called super carriers? Blah, theyre no good. They're all about brute power, no need to respect the power of the seas. Now, the Man O' Wars back in the day...you had to be a real sailor to know how to get around in one of those. And those hippoii and galloii that the Phoenicians had? Forget about it. Not to mention that they didn't have any of the GPS computer thingimajiggers to tell them were to go. Only a sextant and the stars. The good ol' days....

JB400

Quote from: bill440rt on September 11, 2012, 04:26:34 PM
Ducks? Did someone say ducks???  :rofl:

Someone sent me this today, reminded me of this thread.  :icon_smile_big: :smilielol:

http://biggeekdad.com/2010/06/old-rock-stars/
That's a good one

JB400

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2012, 04:29:08 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 04:23:52 PM
I was talking mUSIC, not mOVIE.  The ship sunk, get over it.  

Ships? what kind of ships? Are you talking about these newfangled stealth boats or these so called super carriers? Blah, theyre no good. They're all about brute power, no need to respect the power of the seas. Now, the Man O' Wars back in the day...you had to be a real sailor to know how to get around in one of those. And those hippoii and galloii that the Phoenicians had? Forget about it. Not to mention that they didn't have any of the GPS computer thingimajiggers to tell them were to go. Only a sextant and the stars. The good ol' days....
Kamikaze ended those days.  Can't beat air superiority.  Bunch more of your ships sunk because of them. They are very cool though. Are we going to change the tide of this thread, or are we going back to the Sound of Music?

Patronus

"Me fly plane. Me Drive race car. Me have big dick."
:scratchchin:
I found that humorous. Well done sir, thats twice now.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

BananaDan

I'll throw my hat in the ring.  I am probably one of the biggest bitchers at shows when it's an eight hour sock hop all damn day.  :RantExplode:  I don't care if it's mixed in, but seriously, look at the car population at the show and play to the crowd.  The dude that drove my car in 1970 very likely wasn't listening to The Big Bopper.  I like to think he was listening to Peter Townsend rip shit up.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Fred

Obviously, we aren't talking about some country music.  Garth Brooks ain't bad at all.  Shania Twain ain't bad either, or bad looking. 

There's nothing wrong with good old country music............I'm a big fan  :2thumbs: Better than a lot of the crap out now.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on September 11, 2012, 04:37:32 PM

are we going to change the tide of this thread, or are we going back to the Sound of Music?

Are we talking music or movie? I couldn't stand it if we're talking movie. :puke:

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on September 11, 2012, 04:26:34 PM
Ducks? Did someone say ducks???  :rofl:

:smilielol: :smilielol:
Ducks on the water.............How about some "Smoke on the Water" instead. Still sounds good to me.