News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carshow music

Started by SmashingPunkFan, September 06, 2012, 08:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

And kicker is that he likely figured he was the most hip guy in the crowd. :lol:  Good story Ponch.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2012, 01:37:50 PM
And kicker is that he likely figured he was the most hip guy in the crowd. :lol:  Good story Ponch.

yeah, I think that's why no one got really mad or anything. He was just trying be "one of the kids" and saying things that, in his mind, young people say.

It's like the who rap argument. There's always a comment like "I don't like rap...all they talk about is 'I wanna punch my bitch, shoot my gun, and drive my car with big wheels'". Meanwhile the reality is that, yes, there is a lot of that  - but even people who listen to rap don't listen to that anymore or take it seriously. It's like basing your opinion of rock music as a whole, from Chuck Berry to Zeppelin to Metallica, on a Nickelback song you heard some guy blast in his car at the Hardee's Drive Thru.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bill440rt

People are still listening to Nickelback??  :shruggy:  :D

I'll be attending a local show this weekend with some friends. I go every year, some of the people that attend I only see once a year at this show. And yes, the DJ is stuck in a '50's time warp and that's all he plays (OK, maybe he'll venture out to Kokomo or Highway Star on occasion). I'm dreading listening to the same crap all day long, but look forward to seeing friends. Chantilly Lace, anyone?  :icon_smile_big:  :rofl:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Just say no to music at car shows, thats the only way to keep 'em all smiling.

bill440rt

How does the saying go? You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time.  :scratchchin:
Variety is best.  :cheers:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Heck, even if you did variety someone would be whining about that.

Tilar

Quote from: Cooter on September 09, 2012, 10:30:17 PM
BTW: I grew up in the late 70's early 80's...  ... No such thing as students having sex with teachers then.

Oh yeah there was, It just all stayed hid from public view.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

Definitely was at my school in the 70's.

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on September 10, 2012, 06:32:24 PM
How does the saying go? You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all of the time.  :scratchchin:
Variety is best.  :cheers:

I'm easily displeased.  Except when I see cats and ducks.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

There are some attendees that would see my no music stance as a reason to bitch.  Hmm, in truth my repeated thoughts on the topic mean I'm bitching.  :smilielol:

Cooter

Quote from: Tilar on September 10, 2012, 06:55:40 PM
Quote from: Cooter on September 09, 2012, 10:30:17 PM
BTW: I grew up in the late 70's early 80's...  ... No such thing as students having sex with teachers then.

Oh yeah there was, It just all stayed hid from public view.

That was my whole point exactly. It wasn't as "Common" as today. It was like it was no such thing back then. (Of course, trying to convey a point over the Internet by typing is like talking to a bunch of "Enginneers" about their rides at work. You always have one or two that think waaay too much about the subject instead of just taking what was said at face value and agreeing as you know what was meant anyway).

1950's music like it or not, will be and will ocntinue to be the music of choice. No speed metal, wanna kill my neighbor and cut him up death metal, no rap bullsh*t, etc.etc.etc. I for one like the 50's rock and roll, as it makes people long for in their minds(Who actually gives two fu*ks if it actually is or not), takes them back to a simpler place and time. The same people that complain and whine about 1950's Car show music are the same ones that whine about the GL. Those people too like to be taken back by that car to a simpler palce and time where people were better to each other, not these hater, gotta say something on Twitter/facebook that will cause me to be the popular one by chastising your ass, bullsh*t third grade people of today.  
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

I'm sure irony comes into this discussion somewhere. :lol:

JB400

I agree with Cooter 110%  If you don't like it, get over it.

Charger4404spd

I dont care what music is played....just turn it down!  :brickwall:

Cooter

Quote from: Charger4404spd on September 11, 2012, 06:17:23 AM
I dont care what music is played....just turn it down!  :brickwall:

Exactly. Only time I have any type of complaint is when the live "Band" is there and is wayyyy too loud.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

But some people like it loud.  Now you're just being a hater.

(yes I did that on purpose but it was to illustrate my point that you are never going to please everyone with music, the choices are too personal)

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2012, 06:38:51 AM
But some people like it loud.  Now you're just being a hater.

(yes I did that on purpose but it was to illustrate my point that you are never going to please everyone with music, the choices are too personal)

Reply makes no sense. Your NOT going for a damn Rock Concert, keep the music at a decent level. Your at a CAR SHOW...I wouldn't expect to see any 57 Chevies at a Rock Concert on stage being oogled over, so I don't expect to hear Music blasting at a car show...

Ghoste

What I'm trying to say is that music is an extremely personal choice so to play any form of music at a car show is going to open it to criticism from someone.  You had stated that as long as it 50's music it belonged but followed it with no live bands playing too loud.  I was using your contradiction to underscore my own point.
Let me rephrase by asking this, if the loud band was playing 50's music would it be okay then?

Ponch ®

Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2012, 06:51:56 AM

Let me rephrase by asking this, if the loud band was playing 50's music would it be okay then?

only if the singer had sex with his teacher but didnt say anything.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Tilar

:lol:   I know I wouldnt have said anything, but like I said in another post,

Quote from: Tilar on September 08, 2012, 05:56:40 PM
I only had one or two teachers that were something to look at. My 2nd grade and my 7th grade science teacher, but she was married to the principle. The rest of my teachers looked like something out of a bad acid experience.  

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

There were a couple I'd have been happy to have exploit me when I was in high school.  I doubt that I'd have kept it a secret though and I don't think I would have cared what kind of music they played.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on September 11, 2012, 06:51:56 AM

Depends on how good the "Band" was. I know of one little 50's band on YouTube that completely ROCKS! I HAVE to turn it up. Kid sounds just like Jerry Lee Lewis bangin' on a piano.
Dude's Name is something like Todd C. morgan. I would actually pay for this guy to play at many of the cruises here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brUo4Rnh4HI

Cooter

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2012, 09:56:08 AM

Quote from: Cootergotta say something on Twitter/facebook that will cause me to be the popular one by chastising your ass, bullsh*t third grade people of today.

Case in point. 

Ghoste

That whole band are younger dudes, nice to see.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Cooter on September 11, 2012, 11:13:19 AM
Quote from: Ponch ® on September 11, 2012, 09:56:08 AM

Quote from: Cootergotta say something on Twitter/facebook that will cause me to be the popular one by chastising your ass, bullsh*t third grade people of today.

Case in point. 

Case in point.