News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kids and new appliances do not mix

Started by 70charginglizard, February 06, 2006, 09:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Well I'm having a hell of a day.
I come home from the football game (Which I'm totally discusted over) and my kid is climbing up on the counters again for food (something I've told her I don't know how many times not to do.
Well the inevitable finally happens. She steps across to top outer edge of my brand new over that I just bought and the door opens and she goes crashing to the floor smacking the inside of the oven door on the way down.
She's ok (thank god) just a little scrape on the arm and a small bump on the head.
But my oven doors toast now. (bent the crap outta the door hinges and how it won't close all the way)
Now what do I do????? It's still under waranty but I'm sure they don't cover idiotic kid screw ups in the waranty.
I tried taking off the door, removing the hinges and bending them back into shape but there really screwed. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to by new hinges. Maybe even a new door/door opening if the internal connection there got screwed up. (not sure)

So anyone have any sugestions as where to go from here?

This of corse has to happen after I just purchased a new washer/dryer/hot water heater/fridge and am tapped out finacially.

Thanks   
70charginglizard

greenpigs

Get your winkie sniped, little kids will find a way to destroy whatever they see fit.  I doubt your girl will be climbing on the counter anymore after that though.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

70charginglizard

Quote from: greenpigs on February 06, 2006, 09:29:57 AM
Get your winkie sniped, little kids will find a way to destroy whatever they see fit.  I doubt your girl will be climbing on the counter anymore after that though.

It is fixed. First thing I did after the kid was born. Ones enough for the massively over populated little world we live in.

Instructions were very clear this morning.

It's not a case of I better not see you on the counters anymore. Message was you NOT ALLOWED what so ever on the counters anymore...Period!
70charginglizard

BrianShaughnessy

Get out the book that came with the oven.    Chances are there's an online parts catalog to order new hinges from.
The days when people just went to sears and got a replacement part for their kenmore are long gone.     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

I lost count of how many things I've had to fix in the house because of my daughter, or actually, mostly the other kids that sometimes come over to "play". Some parents don't give a crap, & let them run loose like an angry mob on PCP after a basketball playoff game. How did you purchase the oven? Some of the credit card companies have an additional coverage regardless of how it broke, even kids attacking it. I know American Express advertised that on TV for years.

Good thing she didn't get hurt. My daughter just saw another kid get carted off to the emergency room last week & learned a lesson. My wife was over a friend's house with her, & the other kid was using the sofa as a springboard to land on the coffee table. The kid "almost" made a good landing I was told.  :D  He took a chunk of wood off the edge of the table with his head, & needed a few stitches to hold it together. My 6 year old daughter told me it looked like it hurt, so she wasn't going to try it.

BTW, I don't know about getting myself fixed, I remember the way the cat acted the day he came home from the vet & it wasn't cool, I felt sorry for him.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Todd Wilson

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on February 06, 2006, 09:46:51 AM
Get out the book that came with the oven.    Chances are there's an online parts catalog to order new hinges from.
The days when people just went to sears and got a replacement part for their kenmore are long gone.     

If you cant find the catalog on line try this web site. I use it all the time to repair appliances at the house here.

http://www.repairclinic.com/

Todd

ChgrSteve67

You said its still under warranty.

Call the warranty people and explain what happened.
They most likely will not cover it but they can recommend a repair person/shop.
Then tell the repair person what happened.
They probably know the exact parts you will need to fix it since I'm sure you are not the first person to have the door ripped off of their stove.
They can also probably tell you the easy way to take it apart and put it back together.
Also get quotes on how much it will cost for them to fix it, it may be a reasonable price.
It never hurts to ask and usually saves you from doing something that will cost you more in the long run.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Todd Wilson on February 06, 2006, 11:49:24 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on February 06, 2006, 09:46:51 AM

If you cant find the catalog on line try this web site. I use it all the time to repair appliances at the house here.

http://www.repairclinic.com/

Todd

I used that Repair Clinic site many times with great results.   Bought the ignitor for my oven etc....

Recently I used their site to get mfg #'s for the pump on my washer which was leaking.     They wanted $40 for the pump.   For the heck of it I checked ebay and found the exact same pump brand new for $17!

You can probably buy new hinges off that site & others for the oven no problem
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger_Fan

Sounds like it would have been cheaper to put the food down lower. :nana:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charginglizard

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 06, 2006, 02:35:17 PM
Sounds like it would have been cheaper to put the food down lower. :nana:

Good point.

I'm gonna movin it down when I get home.

Thanks for the input even though by the looks of it you were being a smart butt .... :spank:
70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 70charginglizard on February 06, 2006, 02:56:06 PM

Thanks for the input even though by the looks of it you were being a smart butt .... :spank:
Well...maybe a little. :angel: ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

OldVart

Depending on the cost of repairs versus your deductible, your house insurance policy should cover the damage.

Old Moparz

Quote from: OldVart on February 06, 2006, 03:35:09 PM
Depending on the cost of repairs versus your deductible, your house insurance policy should cover the damage.

Hey! You there! You got a Charger?   :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ChgrSteve67

Yes OldVart,

Start a new thread and Introduce yourself.

Pictures of you, your Charger and pets is a good way to start.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 06, 2006, 03:40:28 PM

...and if not, would you like one? :D

golden73

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 06, 2006, 07:11:25 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on February 06, 2006, 03:40:28 PM

...and if not, would you like one? :D

Looks like an easy father, son resto  :D

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lowprofile

Quote from: Silver R/T on February 07, 2006, 01:04:37 AM
So kid was left unsupervised?

Folks, here you have the perfect set up for a bitch-slap. Any takers?? :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Old Moparz

Yes, the kid was left unsupervised, but that wasn't the worst part of it & just the tip of the iceberg. 70charginglizard has been abusing people for years, & has done time in prison for it. Rehabilitation doesn't always work, & in his case, people like him will always be a problem to society. The climbing on the countertop is a likely cover up story to the fact that he was probably forcing the poor kid into cooking his meal for him.

I can only assume he'll go further with the abuse & the repairs to the stove will come out of the kids allowance. Maybe he should be banned from this site.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

70charginglizard

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 07, 2006, 11:58:15 AM

Yes, the kid was left unsupervised, but that wasn't the worst part of it & just the tip of the iceberg. 70charginglizard has been abusing people for years, & has done time in prison for it. Rehabilitation doesn't always work, & in his case, people like him will always be a problem to society. The climbing on the countertop is a likely cover up story to the fact that he was probably forcing the poor kid into cooking his meal for him.

I can only assume he'll go further with the abuse & the repairs to the stove will come out of the kids allowance. Maybe he should be banned from this site.

Yep. I'm just a mean and crewl bastard ain't I. 

My fault..and  I take full responsibility for my 12 (almost 13 year old) not listening to me when I tell her time and time again to not climb on the counter top cause she gonna end up breaking her neck. ::)

Next week I'm gonna smack her in the head if she spills her milk on the counter.  :P

All my fault so you better ban me from the charger.com site Troy.  :-\
70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

Holy crapolee! :o I was thinking she was maybe 4 or 5...no wonder your door's broken!

In that case, she needs one of these... :D

Old Moparz

Hey Charger Fan,

That looks like Goerge W's ears behind that piece of wood.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 07, 2006, 03:00:56 PM
Hey Charger Fan,

That looks like Goerge W's ears behind that piece of wood.   :D
Ohhh, you baaaad. :nana:

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry