News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

R4 Daytona on Ebay

Started by tan top, September 04, 2012, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Hmm, comes with a tool kit.  Who says Ferrari's have all the cool accessories?

WINGIN IT

Wonder what the reserve is?
At current bid seems close to WIW ... :Twocents:

Indygenerallee

This has been posted here before a few months back I believe.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Gary42

You are viewing my numbers matching original R4 Red 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona , with Build sheet , fender tag and Galen Govier report . Requires restoration , has solid body , minimal rust .

Pictures shown are older , nosecone is presently off the car . Two steel nosecones are included with sale , original and a new , never installed one .

Options as ordered include PS , PDB , Buckets , console shift , Tic -Toc -Tach , Wood SteeringWheel , Rear window defrost , twin exterior mirrors , 3.55 Suregrip 8 +3/4 rear end , full set of 14" Road wheels . The rear Cragars shown do not go with car .

Owned and stored indoors for years , has not been run recently . Reluctantly decided to sell it .

One of 503 total built , it was shipped to Central Canada when it was new and remains there today . Listed in the original Chrysler Shipping records .

Unique opportunity to own a documented , numbers correct Blue chip collectible Dodge winged car that is 4 times as rare as the Plymouth Superbird .

Finish it to your standards and watch it appreciate even more !

Car can easily be exported . I am located 80 miles from Pembina , North Dakota U.S. border .

Check with your Border officials as to what is required for paperwork and I will provide Bill of sale and Transfer of Ownership Document . { No titles issued in Canada .}

Cash is king but would discuss your possible swaps together with cash . Consider restored 426 Hemicar 4 speed , clone /original plus cash .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-DAYTONA-/110946904424?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19d4f36968
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

Indygenerallee

It's been posted the last time it was listed for sale. it's in the Aero section....

1970Moparmann

I'm pretty surprised it's up to $81k already.  If you think about how much $$ is needed to restore and the present condition, I would buy Troy's in a heart beat!

To think I met a guy about 10 years ago that bought one for $22k in around 2000 in #2 condition. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Indygenerallee

Exactly, Troy's is a deal if your gonna pay $80+G's for that...

1974dodgecharger

when people know it has a reserve they will bid for kicks and giggles, but not hit the reserve. Or if they do they will retract the bid. Still the seller is on drugs....'COCAINE IS A HELLUVA OF A DRUG'

Mytur Binsdirti

One of these days, I'll have to get me one of those things.

twodko

That will be a sweet car one day...........but not today and damn sure not for $81k.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

hemi68charger

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 04, 2012, 09:09:33 PM

Ahhhhhh... Why thank you.....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 05, 2012, 12:45:26 PM

Troy, as I stated before.  If I had the dough, your car would be in my driveway.   :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on September 05, 2012, 02:06:57 PM

Troy, as I stated before.  If I had the dough, your car would be in my driveway.   :2thumbs:

You could do the cash/car way.. I dig that purple '70 on your avatar..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Aero426

"If I had the dough..." are the key words.     More people have 80k and the dream of owning a Daytona than have the money for a restored car.   Even though common sense would tell you which one is the better deal.     I agree that this project car is definitely getting up there in price.   Numbers matching with build sheet and tag does help.     

Gary42

Just my take.....is this car worth the money that someone is bidding? NO. Has it been for sale prior to this auction? YES. Did it sell then? NO. WHY? Does the buyer/s who may end up with it looking for another 40-$60 thousand in restoration costs? YES. The most important thing is this.....I agree that if by some reason I decided to part with a few dollars, I would buy Troy's car. Larry has said several times that it is worth the money, if someone were to spend it on a Daytona turn key car, it would be the one to buy. Just have to love that dang color too....my fav....Here in lays the problem....the last time Larry took his Superbird out, we went to lunch, some knuckle head was less then say five feet away from hitting the nose of it, "why?" NOT PAYING ATTENTION. Having either car would be awesome, but I would be afraid to drive the dang thing on the road with all the, sry for saying it like this, "A-holes" out there talking, texting, and only God knows what else but paying attention. Half the drivers on the road don't seem to pay attention anymore, and the other half have no clue what either car is and how important they are to the automotive history.

I'm at Larry's shop often, and just looking over the numbers matching Y1 Daytona he is about to begin restoration on, and his Superbird makes me want to just cash the ole Apple stock in and buy one. Then sense hits me upside the old nugget. I could've had the triple black R/T SE clone that Larry built, I think husk1 has it now. It was an awesome car and I watched it grow and become a car I wouldn't mind driving, or be afraid to take to the local Wally World for a gallon of milk. If for some reason it were to be hit......so be it....just buy another nose and fix it. You cannot do that with "real" birds and Daytona's.

I'd say that once my 72 numbers matching Rally is finally restored, by Larry of course, to where I want it to be.........a clone is for me. Agree or disagree, its just my take I guess. Dang thing is....if I left it to my kids, they couldn't sell it fast enough because first of all they have no clue how important these cars are, and they think they "look" ugly. Kids.....ugh.....they just don't "get it!"
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

charger_fan_4ever

Ghoste

Becomes less worth the money with each new bid.

moparstuart

i dont know if it was a real bid or who bid that High but the owner was on crack for not taking that it 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Has to be a real bid, the ad clearly states that he has no time for scammers or dreamers.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2012, 11:59:29 AM
Has to be a real bid, the ad clearly states that he has no time for scammers or dreamers.
well yes but I think he may be the dreamer and possible the other also   :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

I suppose he'll learn who the dreamer is in about 2 hours.

BigBlockSam

i'd go 60k on that , just get it running and drive it like that  :yesnod:  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img