News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Donations for Jackie so she can keep her ChallengeHer

Started by 71ChallengeHer, September 02, 2012, 09:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67_Dodge_Charger

Hi Jackie Wishing you a quick recovery and a Happy Holidays. :cheers:

Hey everybody send Jackie your best. :popcrn:  Robert

We need to send messages everyday to help Jackie know that we care how she is doing and are willing to help her in anyway.  I know others have taken the lead for sending donations but we still need to talk to Jackie so she knows she is not alone.  It is a scary time in any persons life when you are so enveloped in the pain and the questions "how will I pay my bills", "will I ever be healthy again", "will I be able to find a job", the questions go on and on.  The pain from spinal injuries is like no other pain you will ever know.  I've had 8 surgeries and I can tell you the pain that led to those surgeries is nothing like the pain in my neck.  My knee pain was more annoying then painful, my shoulder surgeries were again just annoying pain, my appendix was very painful but the surgery took the pain away (I suffered in pain for mere hours), and so now I have been in pain from neck injury for almost one year.  I don't know how long Jackie has been in pain from her injuries but I can assure you that it really tears you down and you will suffer from depression, you will wonder why no one is willing to help you to get rid of this pain.

So please send Jackie a note everyday to help cheer her up.  I needed my friends for my neck injury and I used them every chance I could and listened to them on how important it to keep in touch.  I saw my younger sister who I haven't seen for over 7 years when I went to Billings for another doctors appointment.  My younger brother just moved to Missoula and I haven't seen him for quite a while as well, now he is visiting me everyday.

I think we all have people in our lives that would really appreciate a visit or a note or an invite to dinner or lunch.  Remember to help others regardless if times are hard or you are experiencing good times (if you are you are lucky).  Volunteer at your local mission or food bank or a elderly home that needs people to visit.

I know you don't need someone to preach to you, but we need to help Jackie any way we can.  Keeping in touch will help Jackie in ways you do not know. You may not know me and I probably don't know you except for the posts but we are still part of this chat site  and we need to take care of each other.   :cheers: Robert

71ChallengeHer

I just stopped by to check in. I'm hanging in there. I wanted to thank everyone who has been checking on me. I'm truely blessed to have you guys and gals for support. The ortho doc had me on a drug called gabapentin, It's for nerve pain. I got some really bad side effects from it. It caused me to go into a very bad depression.  So now I get to go thru withdrawal from it. :brickwall: And they mark it on my medical records as an allergy ,so no Doc ever gives me that type of drug again. So, I hanging in there . And thanks again for being here for me. Hugs, Jackie

JB400

Glad to hear from you again :2thumbs:  Thanks for the updates :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

No, problem. My buddy got my Challenger out a couple weeks ago. Gave it a good bath and blew the carbon out for me.  :drive: :drive:  So, for rumors that are going around. I still have the Challenger.It's not for sale.  And I'm not addicted to pain meds.  ::)

JB400

If you're addicted to anything, it's horsepower. :D  Glad to hear you still have the car.  I myself was wondering if you still had it. :2thumbs:

The70RT

I took some of that Gabapenton when I had my foot operation. That stuff gave me a strange feeling and every time I bent down or just turned in bed I got a head rush. I took it for a couple days and stopped.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Slotts on December 20, 2012, 02:11:45 PM
Hey Jackie,

You have to get better real fast. I just signed you up for an audition on Dancing With The Stars!  ;D

You and Shelby have a nice Christmas.  :2thumbs:

Anna, Eric & that other guy
Jim, You always make me smile. Give Anna and Eric a hug from Shelby and I. And  you guys have a Merry Christmas.  :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

Hey everyone, I'm gonna have to make a decision here to close this thread down. I have my Bonescan Dec 28th and get the results on Jan 7th. But most the Docs I have seen so far are pretty sure that I have a broken vertebrae that was missed. I really trust my RA doc. I have been seeing her for over 10 years .  And she is pretty sure just from my symptoms. So I think that my recovery is gonna be a lot longer then expected. Plus she doesn't think the surgeons around here can handle the complications with my leg. I'm gonna try a surgeon here 1st ? She says he's good but he might refer me out to Hershey Medical ? So, I'm gonna ask the mods to lock this. If anyone wants to check on me just send me a PM. But I see no point in dragging this out, I love you guys and gals . I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your help and support thru this very trying, painful and emotional draining time in my life.  Hugs, Jackie

Chryco Psycho

Well at least you have a real diagnosis of the problem & hopefully a solution  :2thumbs:
I will lock this if you like but we need to continue to contribute $$ for you bills so it is good to keep this current . 

Chryco Psycho

Time to check in again , do we need to donate more to cover bills ?
It has also been suggested that we could get a decent used laptop so she doesn't have to sit at a desktop . Thoughts ?

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

67_Dodge_Charger

I am in too, I checked prices on laptop at Best Buy and found a good laptop for about $600.  I checked Dell and found similiar prices, I think we could get Jackie a pretty good laptop for this price.  The new laptops have more memory and are much faster than my desktop computer.   :cheers: Robert

moparstuart

I jusr bought a very nice slightly used one off my local facebook swap page for 300.00
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

472 R/T SE

If its only needed for surfing the net, doesn't a tablet make more cents.  $$$ wise

TUFCAT

I thought the priority was keeping her medical bills paid so she doesn't have to sell the Challenger.  :scratchchin: :Twocents:

bakerhillpins

Just noticed that this got "unlocked". Is there a need?

A good quality laptop for basic needs is in 300-400 range. Plus you can order refurbished units and save even more. All my home PCs are refurbished and have never had any issues.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71ChallengeHer

Hi everyone. Just been going to doctors and PT. The 1st PT was a total mess. She worked me out so bad I was stuck in bed for days. :brickwall: :brickwall: And lost some more weigh from the nausea and vomiting. Down to 97 lbs.  :pity:   I saw the new PT on friday. I start in the pool on Monday. He promised not to kill me.  :2thumbs:  I think Neil's concern was me not being able to sit at the computer. But I  can call and text some peps and keep them updated , if I can't sit here. And if becomes a need to get a laptop , I might be able to get a cheap one , when I do my taxes. As long as nothing blows up around here.  :2thumbs:  As always thanks for being here for me. As of right now bills are paid, food is in the house.  :2thumbs:  And last sunday Jimmy brought over the 70 Charger and took me out for a little bit. What fun , but it was stiff. Ouch. No pain, no gain. The doc is saying it is going be baby steps. The muscles tightened up so bad . it caused scoliosis. So my spine is pushing on different organs. causing other problems. Hugs, Jackie

JB400

Thanks for the update :cheers:  We're all pulling for you :pity:

resq302

Glad to hear you have some progress but good grief!  When can you get a good break!  Scoliosis now?  You must be going for sainthood with all these "tests" you are being put through.  Just like me with my back injury.... baby steps.  I just got cleared and discharged from PT this past week.  Now I just have to have a final eval from the chiropractor and I'm done with him, except for the routine maintenance as he calls it.  Remember, faster doesn't always mean better when it comes to the body.  (that only applies to mopars!)   :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chryco Psycho

It was not me that brought up the need for the laptop , , it was suggested by another member , just trying to help out .
If you need more $$ to pay bills let us know

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 27, 2013, 09:56:17 PM
It was not me that brought up the need for the laptop , , it was suggested by another member , just trying to help out .

Yes, please do let us know. 
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 28, 2013, 01:00:14 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 27, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

Yes, please do let us know. 

:iagree:

71ChallengeHer

I'm doing ok money wise for now.  :2thumbs: Not doing anything crazy. We are getting by, but not complaining. Doc says I have Thoracic Outlet Syndrdrome between the ribcage and shoulder blade . It compresses the blood supply and the nerves on my left arm, That is why I have no pulse when my arm is over my head and my hand is going numb.  :brickwall: :brickwall:  Dan's mom,  Miss Linda is sending me a I-pad. Since sitting at the computer is really painful. And if any of you no Linda , you know she doesn't take no for answer. In fact , the I-Pad was on it's way to my house when she called. Linda and I met at Carlisle about 6 years ago and became fast friends. Thank you all for your support. I really don't know where I would be mentally without all of you.  :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:  So, it looks like it is gonna be a lot of pool PT. And the Doc said it is gonna take awhile because the muscles are so tightened up. So, I'm hanging in there.  :cheers: