News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Super Bowl half time show.

Started by suburbanfireman, February 05, 2006, 08:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suburbanfireman

:icon_smile_dead:
I think I have just witnessed the worst super bowl half-time show ever!!!  Is there anything more pathetic than a bunch of 65 year old men trying to act like teenagers?  That show would make a good Geritol commercial.  I .......can't get no............. constipation!   :sick:
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

Brock Samson

I just wish they had played some of their older stuff..  ;D

TruckDriver

I never was a Rolling Stones fan. But I you have to admit, there isnt to many 65 year olds any where that can bounce around like that. I hope I can move like that when I'm in my 60s.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Telvis

I don't know...I just kept seeing my Father-in -Law jumping around in leather..... :puke:

ChgrSteve67

Bring back the wardrobe malfunctions.

It could have been worse, they could have hired Barry Manilow.

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

chrisII

i thought that was my 80 year old grampa with the headband playing guitar!! and the mix for the tv was eqd terible. the mix wasnt what i would expect in general really.

TheGhost

Yea, Mick and the gang are really showing their age....

I think I'm gonna go listen to one of their classic albums now, and try to forget what I saw... :-\
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

72chargerSE

I thought it was great !!!

You guys try that when you are 62!

69bananabeast

didnt they just play last year or the year before that ?  ???
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

ChgrSteve67

They would arrest me for indecent exposure if I tried that at 62.

hemihead

Sometimes you just have to admit that you are old.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BrianShaughnessy

I rather enjoyed the Stones a lot more than the McCartney snoozefest or the teeny bopper/rap/lip sync crap shows.    I liked U2 a few years back more tho.    The Stones are notoriously sloppy in concert but they know how to rock the house.
They should have had a better setlist - the new song didn't fit.  Stick to the hits.     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

nh_mopar_fan

I saw them opn their tour 5 years ago and it was an awesome show. A friend saw them a month ago and said it was the best show they'd been to in a long time.

Hey, they can still entertain even at 60.

THE COLONEL

My wife said to me that at least there won't be a "Wardrobe Malfunction" this year.  I told her there might be.  Kieth Richards pants are so tight, if he farts.........

:haha: :haha:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

BB1

What about the Bikini bowl? That game was rigged, aw man the refs are freak-en BLIND!!  ::)

Oh wait... who cares.  :o

Delete my profile

hemihead

The Bikini Bowl is where you want the wardrobe malfunctions!!!  :yesnod:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

mastermopar

Please , More Bikini bowl pictures....

This is helping me get over the Super Blow..........
1970 CHARGER RT/SE 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1968 CHARGER RT 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1970 ROADRUNNER 440 + 6 V CODE POST 4 SPEED SUPER TRACK PACK AIRGRABBER

Doc74

I didn't see the Stoned do their 'thing' but to add some other seniors in rock, ones I actually like, never was much of a Stones or Beables fan altough they do have their moments. The Who and Pink Floyd blew away just about anyone on Live 8 .
People can whine all they want about those old rockers, I have yet to see any new band carry the experience and quality they got so for me don't stop, dont' quit, rock till you drop.

Btw, will Keif still play Jack Sparrows' dad in the second or third pirates flick ? I sure wish he would.

Headrope

I hope to be able to move like Mick Jagger when I'm 60. But from my perspective he was just an old man dancing around in a pair of leather pants and a half-shirt during the half time show. That's why I thought the half time show was terrible.

I'm 31 - a tweener. I'm old enough to no longer be a young person, yet young enough to know that calling someone a "young person" makes me that much older. The majority of rock bands I identify with were cool in the '80s. That was almost 20-years-ago. Even then the Rolling Stones had already been around for many, many years.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Lowprofile

Some bands just don't have enough self -respect to say  "enough is enough"   :rotz:

Then again, anyone remember  "Up with People" ??   :puke:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Lowprofile on February 07, 2006, 04:57:32 AM
Some bands just don't have enough self -respect to say  "enough is enough"   :rotz:

Then again, anyone remember  "Up with People" ??   :puke:

Yeah...  I remember the old days of Up with People so I really don't want anybody to complain that much.   I prefer those old halftime shows remain a bad memory.   The Stones could probably stay home anymore but they keep coming out...  I don't feel like figuring out why tho.  There's a lot of acts that should gracefully exit stage left.   But even they beat the lip sync "all star" jam crap that was put on other years.

As for Mick and Keef jumping around... well,  when you hit 40something a bottle of Advil or Motrin becomes your new best buddy.  DAMHIK.   There's a good reason athletes hang it up around then....  the youngins will figure it out eventually.

Anyway... here it is for anybody that missed it...   dialups stay home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L22iXzz54E
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BB1

Thanks Brian,

I watched it and wondered when is he going to grab his chest, and plant his face into the big lip stage.
:musik010:

But much better than any pop, or hip hop crap.  :icon_smile_dead:
Delete my profile

my73charger

Yep the Stones are showing their age for sure, but look at it this way...Their groopies only have to lift their t-shirts about 6 inches to show their titties... :musik010:

Neal_J

Too much Mick & not enough Shania this year.

Grrrrrrr

Neal