News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what kind of stuff gets you tired on your Charger ?

Started by Nacho-RT74, August 28, 2012, 10:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: histoy on August 29, 2012, 08:44:17 AM

Myself ? the exhaust pipe to manifold bolts/nuts getting loosen constantly untill sometimes even lost the nut on the road. Not even using the marsden nuts worked.

Try double nutting the bolts.   The 2nd nut should keep them from ever coming loose.

I though on that, but I was affraid on some secondary consecuences, if I need to loose them for any reason, being maybe imposible to remove :shruggy:.

Some of you guys have got same problem with this ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1970chargerrt

My 70 had brass nuts on it and they don't seem to loosen.  On my 70 the rear bolt on the driver side is impossible to get at on the top of the manifold, you could never get a wrench on it.  Mine has a bolt just the right length that can be slid down from the top.  I'm able to tighten the brass nut without spinning the head of the bolt.  I was surprised I could get this apart after 10 years without a wrench on the head of the bolt (which as I mentioned I cant get at anyway).

How are other people handling the back bolt on stock 70 HP manifolds?  I think the flange on the 70's are orientated different than 68-69 but I'm not sure.

histoy

Quote from: 1970chargerrt on September 01, 2012, 09:29:26 AM
My 70 had brass nuts on it and they don't seem to loosen. 

Another advantage of the brass nuts is that they won't rust onto the bolt, so they are always easy to remove.  If I recall properly, they were usually a longer length than steel nuts, probably due to the fact that they are a softer material.