News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

when ,where & who did you sell your 1st charger too

Started by cdr, August 30, 2012, 07:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

starting this thread inspired by bb1 that found his 1st charger he sold years ago  on DC.COM OWNED by another member
ok i'll start,about 1977,78 i sold my 1968 black rt clone ,i was told he lived in ALIEF TEXAS near HOUSTON I lived in some apartments the car had a broken torsion bar, i have no pics,it was a no vinyl top all black charger 383 h code,if anybody remembers this car let me know ,i think i sold it for 95.00  I was a14 year old dumb a$$ kid.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

HANDM

66 Charger, Didn't sell it, traded for a 99 ford ranger to a local Mopar guy about two years ago......... Obviously he got the better deal, but I really needed and still need the ranger.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Paul G

I sold my 73 to another forum member. I think he  only had it a year or two then he sold it. Last i heard it was going to central America.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

A383Wing

My first 66 Charger....never sold it....still got it since 1974

had a bunch of others bought, sold, junked out, traded since then.....

still got the wife's 66 4spd Charger since 1996 as well

Bryan

nvrbdn

my first car was a 68 charger. after high school i went in the service (air force). after basic i went to get my charger and the transmission was slipping. needed a car quick, so i traded it off at a car lot. have no idea where it went, or who got it. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Daytona R/T SE

Sold my '72 SE in '87 or 88 to a dumbass that wrecked it a few weeks later...

When I saw it the driver's side of the back bumper and quarter panel was smashed in and the trunklid was held shut with a bungee cord...

OK...shit happens I guess...

When I asked him what happened, he got very defensive and said "I can't help it if that dumb bitch in the jeep pulled out behind me!"

Uh... Say WHAT??

Yeah, I was on this country road and I missed the driveway I wanted to turn into, so...

I slammed it in reverse and floored it and some dumb bitch in a jeep pulled out behind me and hit me!

I couldn't HELP IT !!

OK, whatever...Dumbass!

If anybody has a Petty blue 72 SE 318 car with a transplated 440 and heavy damage to the left rear...

Let me know...

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

1968 Charger, sold in the fall of 1991 for $3,000  :Twocents: Guy who bought it, called after getting it home - snapped a shackle or spring in his driveway, had to wedge a 2x4 to "lift" the car enough to "drive" it into his garage  :shruggy:

paironines

Sold my first Charger, a 70 500, in about 97 or 98 to a kid and his father near Ft. Wayne, IN. It was a  318 car with a 360, white interior with one black bucket, non AC, non vinyl top, light green car with faded red oxide primer all over. I would love too see it again. Let me know if it rings any bells.

Todd Wilson

myk

ChgrSteve67

elanmars

Sold my 1973 to a gijoe, dude called me from Iraq telling me he saw my car on craigslist and wanted to check it out as soon as he came back to town...he did, barely drove it a block and was like "DEAL!"

I had kept up on facebook but he must have deleted it...last I saw, he was trying to sell the car for a LOT more than he bought it for...but for a 3rd gen Charger, that was a dreamer price.

I do wonder what happened, if he did manage to sell it, for how much, to whom, where the car is, etc...
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Fred

I'm never selling mine if I can help it. It took me too long to get.

Too much blood sweat and tears not to mention $$$$$$$ went into it to get it where it is today.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

I don't remember the kid's name that I sold Sinnamon to back in 81.   But he sold it a few weeks later to the dude I bought it back from 3 years ago.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60610.0.html
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Back N Black

myk

Quote from: Fred on August 31, 2012, 01:47:42 AM
I'm never selling mine if I can help it. It took me too long to get.

Too much blood sweat and tears not to mention $$$$$$$ went into it to get it where it is today.

I've said that I'll live in my car if I have to.  That backseat is even more accommodating with new padding and a seat cover...

bill440rt

First & only Charger I ever sold was a '77 Charger that was my daily driver. I think this was back in the very early '90's. Can't even remember who I sold it to, probably ended up in a demo or an enduro race eventually.
I've kept all the others.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Southwestern Ontario in 1987 to a young dude whose father was less than thrilled.  (had the father only known how unthrilled I was with the idea myself)

68coronetGLwannabe

Sold my 4spd 413 70 Charger GL in 2008 to a Guy in Tucson AZ. I have never heard from the guy or seen the car again. A friend of mine said he saw it at a car show once. The guy tried to tell him it was all trashed when he bought it and that he built it. My friend told him nice try but I know who built this car.  :slap:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

GOTWING

After 4 years of ownership by 1988 I sold my first car, 73 Charger S/E to a 16 year old whose parents bought it for his first car, they lived in MD. The car was like new when I sold it, was still a beautiful original survivor, well you guessed it he trashed it, :RantExplode: long story short I tracked it down and bought it back last summer after it changed hands about 4 more times, someone painted it limelight and color keyed the bumpers. :flame: It's a 50 footer, and needs restored but it runs well with a nice built 340 ( was orig. 318 car ).My plans are to have it restored it back to the pale green it was and install a 69 h.p.TNT 440 that i have had since 1986, i would like Mancini's or Hodge to do the car. ( Do it right or don't do it at all ) :2thumbs:

:popcrn:

BB1

:iagree: you know that selling your Charger will bring you years of regret and bad luck, along with flat feet.

Don't do it, you'll never get it back... or will I.

Your better off just to keep it.
Delete my profile

daytona71

My first charger was a 68,383 with 335hp, auto , platinum silver with blue int. Traded it in for my 73SE 400 auto. After 100,000 hard miles its now beginning the process of being restored.

Ghoste

Quote from: BB1 on September 01, 2012, 08:53:31 AM
:iagree: you know that selling your Charger will bring you years of regret and bad luck, along with flat feet.

Not to mention plagues of locusts, climate change and global economic collapse.  Trust us, you don't want all of that stuff on your conscience.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on September 01, 2012, 09:24:57 AM

Not to mention plagues of locusts, climate change and global economic collapse.  Trust us, you don't want all of that stuff on your conscience.

we pretty much got that now...

I blame Gore

Bryan

tippytoe

True that ! After 12 years of ownig my beater LEE, I had a moment of stupidity & traded it for (what I thought was) a nicer car a couple of years ago. I have regretted it every single day since it left. Worst part is it went to someone less than 5 miles from me & he absolutelty will not sell it back ! Its in the same shape it was in when I had it. It makes me sick everytime I see it now. I wish I would have never have caved in went through with the whole deal ( I tried to back out of the deal originally).

OldGuy

Going to college, got married, had a kid and gas prices soared to 32 cents per gallon.  So, in 1971, I traded my 68 R/T for a 1968 Chevy Malibu with a 307 in it so we could afford the gas and insurance.  I had to give my Charger plus $400 to the used car lot to take the Charger for the Malibu.  I was lucky, while I was dealing with the salesman, a guy I knew with a yellow 1968 Charger R/T, 4-speed pulled into the lot wanting to trade his Charger for the Malibu.  Beat him to it!!
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

rayderluvr

Gave my '72 se to my best friend who promised to build it or give it back if he didn't back in 1988 (he had a place to store it). I called him five years ago to get it back, he had hauled it to a junkyard. I knew the guy that owned the yard,  I called him and it had been crushed.   :icon_smile_dissapprove: :flame:

Charger_Dart

I still have my first one and look forward to driving it as much as I can.
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

elanmars

Quote from: rayderluvr on September 03, 2012, 09:46:12 PM
Gave my '72 se to my best friend who promised to build it or give it back if he didn't back in 1988 (he had a place to store it). I called him five years ago to get it back, he had hauled it to a junkyard. I knew the guy that owned the yard,  I called him and it had been crushed.   :icon_smile_dissapprove: :flame:

Your "best friend", what a douche.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Ghoste

rayderluvr

QuoteYour "best friend", what a douche.

Well, we kinda lost touch after I moved 500 miles South 11 years ago. I am hoping I can guilt him into giving me the black slapstick console/shifter he had purchased for the car, as well as a set of bucket seats.....

Sad thing is, the car had very little rust, and perfect front and rear bumpers. hidden headlights, front fenders were very good, even the ugly brown interior was almost perfect! Had the rally dash, the clock even still worked.....it was a great start to a project car for sure...oh yea, four rally wheels with centers and rings.....now I am making myself sick thinking about it...8 3/4 rear, 400/727 (although he had pulled the motor/tranny out when he first got it as he planned on a hemi build.....and yes, he had/has the funds to build whatever he wants, even back in '88).

I don't blame him. He helped me install a 400/727 out of a '77 Cordoba (just to get the thing moving), literally under a shade tree, using a tractor with a loader as the engine hoist. All we had to do was wire it up and start it, but my first kid was born in early August, and two weeks later his first came along, so our Sunday afternoon project got pushed aside, sitting outside through an Iowa winter with no hood or aircleaner (I know, please don't scold me, I was 19).

So, long story short, it is my fault as I was close to having it running, and I just lost interest. 25 years later I have a '73 SE that is going to get completed, I have a goal of June 1 2014 for her to be show ready. All but one of four kids are out of the house, doing very well, and my wife is on board with fullfilling the dream that has been on my books since she and I started dating in 1985..... :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Ah, yes its a little different if you move away and don't maintain contact.  I had kind of thought you were across town or something, he's forgiven.

GOTWING

i had a friend of mine leave his 87 buick GN at my house for what was supposed to be a few weeks, it ended up being two years :eek2: and he had the keys! so it sat out back in the yard killing grass. ( he was a contractor and left the states. )

hemi68charger

I sold my 1st Charger, a bronze '73 318 SE, to a good friend of mine back in,,, ohhhhh, 1982 I believe... I sold it to pay for the purchase and paint job of my 1st 2nd generation Charger, a '68 Charger. Not idea where the car is now. Going by Florida track-record, it is probably all rusted out by now.. (grew up in West Palm Beach, Fl.)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Homerr

Bought my '69 in 1992 (Vancouver, Wa.), sold it in 1995 to a guy (Ted S.) from the Salem, Or. area. 

The whole story:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91842.0.html

charger490

i got my frist 68 charger in 1968 and had it for 1 year and two months and was hit head on so the junk yard got mine.

chargerboy69

I sold my blue on blue 68 back around 1993.  It changed hands a couple times, even had several chances to buy it back.  I found it several years ago as a member of the "Old board" had it.  Last I knew it was still in the Fort Wayne area.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

BB1

My second car was a Super bee that I bought from a junk yard in San Diego. Rare scat pack option with black painted scoops and hood pins.
4-speed, number matching everything, F6 black v-top and a black BB stripe.
I bought it in 1986 for $500., it only needed a clutch and it ran great.  

Wish I had that one back.  :P

Pictures of it:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/836223/1969-dodge-charger/page-7#8362230050
Delete my profile

Ghoste

Always wanted to find one of those Scat Pack ones.

Tilar

I still have my first one, the 68. Traded my second one, a pretty nice 72 SE Brougham, for an 85 LeBaron convertible for my last wife. What a mistake. Scrapped my third one, a 73, left the 4th one in Texas but it was one of the Omni Chargers, I couldn't give that thing away and it ran. Still have my 5th which is the 73 in my avatar pic. So at this point I have my first and my 5th.

Quote from: tippytoe on September 02, 2012, 12:03:37 PM
I wish I would have never have caved in went through with the whole deal ( I tried to back out of the deal originally).

Until the title is signed and notorized, backing out is very easy. It consists of "Nope, Changed my mind. Not gonna do it."
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

6pkrtse

I never sold my first black 70 Charger R/T I bought in 1986 or so. I got rear ended by a drunk driver & the car got totaled rather than sold. With the insurance money I bought my 2ND & current red 70 Charger R/T S.E. that I still own today. It was bought back by someone else & repaired poorly. I was offered to buy it back after the repairs were poorly done but already found & bought my red 70'. Fast forward 20 years + later & I have re-located my original black 70 now several hours away from me but have not been able to buy it back.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

bad_habits

I'm happy to say that both Chargers I have bought I still have, hopefully never have to sell one or both of them.

1BAD68

Bought my first Charger in 2000, dragged it out of a barn where it was sleeping for 20+ years. Sold it in 2003 to someone in California who sold it and now it's in Finland.

tippytoe

Quote from: Tilar on September 06, 2012, 10:45:47 AM
Until the title is signed and notorized, backing out is very easy. It consists of "Nope, Changed my mind. Not gonna do it."

I realize that now. The only reason I went through with the deal was he told me his young sons were very excited to get the car & that's all they talked about  ::). If I knew how much I would regret my decision now, I would have told the guy tough sh*t, I am not doing it. LESSON LEARNED.

I am actually on the hunt for another 69 to turn into a GL clone. When I find one, its going to be in better shape than my old one. Before I tear into it, I will contact the guy with my old one & see if we could work out a deal. Financially, it's a retarded idea but sentimentally, its priceless. If he refuses, no big deal. I will have a better foundation for my future Lee.

RallyeMike

I sold my first Charger to a guy who offered to buy it outside of a 7-11.  A few months later the guy (no idea of the name) ran it into a bus and totaled it. I found it in a junkyard and pulled one piece of trim off it which is attached to my current 69.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Lord Warlock

I got mine in July of 1978,  and drove it until i graduated college in June 1984.  Then i traded it to my dad for a used 77 mazda RX4 wagon (nice family car and more economical to drive to California to go through usaf missile school.  The agreement was that i would get first dibs on buying it back after i got out of the air force in 88.  It took a few years, and when i got a 70 camaro project car, he got irritated that i didn't buy the charger back, and promptly towed the car from Pensacola to Jacksonville, and dropped it off in my driveway and told me I could store it from then on, he didn't pass the title back till i paid for it again several years later.  I eventually paid it off and owned the charger again, and its been with me all but 4 years of my military service time. 

I've vowed never to sell it myself, my goal is to get it roadworthy and driving again, then when i keel over the wife will be able to sell it to pay off my leftover debt. 

In 2006 i had a 2 car garage built in the backyard, just to house the charger, and that was the last time it had been started and driven, as i got it running and actually drove it from the front yard to the backyard garage and parked it there.   This weekend, I decided it was due to start again, and after about an hour of tweaking, and hooking up an external fuel supply, as i don't trust the fuel in the tank, fired it up and let it run for 20 minutes today, sounded great for a car that hasn't run in 6 years.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

6pkrtse

All cool stories. Love hearing about everyone's different stories but yet we all have the same passion for these Chargers.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

70chargerkrazy

mine was my first car 1970 charger 500 b5 318 auto was all stock orig moter that i promptly pulled out and put a 68 chrysler 300 440 pi in it cut a hole in the roof put a sunroof in and chopped a whole in the hood dont ask me why nuthing stuck out i put a 7inch snorkal skoop bolted a set of slicks to it and whala 1305 at the local strip ps youl know it was mine if you crawl under and see leaf spring pockets welded in to the subframe and shackle eyes welded in subframe tword the firewall long story wanted the gasser look hey it workd i used the straight axle front end outa f100 ford i think any wa sold it around 92 for 770.00 bucks it was primer black. ya dumbass i cant seem to get pics to work il try again after this post