News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Patience pays off! Dial up beware!!!!!!

Started by kikgas01, August 29, 2012, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kikgas01

BB1 your so full of shit. You felt ike a idiot and apologized to me after getting your balls busted. I said find a car in the same shape and I will trade you you whiner. I didn`t want to sell it to you for a profit BUT YOU couldn`t find one for 10k that is in this shape to trade. Now you cry like a baby...... It`s ok. :pity:

BB1

Here is your the POS, good luck selling it here.

Here is the problem with this car.

I'll start with the Dana, which came out of an E-body. It was left for scrap in a junk yard in San Diego. The left tub where the bearing race exploded leaving a deep grove where the bearing rides.
Only intended to race with it, not leave it in.

Drive shaft to short; drive line in SD cut it to where the shaft does not go in all the way. It will rattle you teeth at 100+

Engine over heats: it ran up in the 215 220 temp, at sea level 20 years ago. Could be anything. I had electric fans in front of the radiator for cooling off after a run.

Engine is 30 over, the guy who rebuild it made many mistakes, one being the heads, I had to cut them again after he did because the machine he used didn't surface them correctly.
Possible that it has 11 to 1 compression now, started with 10.
My Malory distributor is gone which was set of for WOT usage,
it pings on anything less than 99 octane, now even less.

Body is in great shape, manual brakes are 11in which is hell to stop.
I mistakenly took out the p/s for more power to the engine.
Old wiring need to be changed, with a new amp meeter.

It's an old track car that hasn't seen much use, I did win the muscle car nationals back in 1989 with it.
It was set up with a friends 6-pac and slicks, I had a 3000 stall art car converter. best pass was 13.04 @ 104 not bad for a 4080lb car.

Why he is selling it? not sure. but it looks like he only buys cars to sell them. He is over his head with it, he can't fix it, doesn't know how.

:smilielol:

Your a wonderful man, sorry your such a tool.  :pity:
Delete my profile

1974dodgecharger

Interesting.....the thing is though only a very well seasoned veteran would know this. I'm sure he can get 15k on eBay if not more.

In the end he should turn it into a GL and tell folks it came from the factory that way I know some egayers r saying that about there GLs special order only they say.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: BB1 on September 08, 2012, 07:05:32 AM
Makes me wonder if the head gaskets was right. I don't think you can mess that up sort of thing up.

I had it running right at 180 for years.
My last thought was to replace the heads before I sold it, because I didn't like the engine builder and I found problems with his milling job when I pull them off last.

Try and ask some of the engine people on here, they might have a solution.

Which is it? At one point you said it ran 180* for years, now you say it runs hot. All the stuff you mention seem minor if your getting a solid clean car.  :shruggy:

I don't know Shane personally, But I did sell him a car about a year ago. We talked back and forth on the phone for about a month and he seemed very honest and the deal went smooth.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 30, 2012, 07:46:12 AM
Interesting.....the thing is though only a very well seasoned veteran would know this. I'm sure he can get 15k on eBay if not more.

In the end he should turn it into a GL and tell folks it came from the factory that way I know some egayers r saying that about there GLs special order only they say.

Speakee engrish?   :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Funny you say that....I was emailed recently asking what the option code was for the GL package on the fender tag

:slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

The70RT

Sorry it didn't work out Ed. I just hope it doesn't end up orange.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bakerhillpins

Quote from: The70RT on December 30, 2012, 12:52:50 PM
Sorry it didn't work out Ed. I just hope it doesn't end up orange.

I'm with you 70!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

rt green

was a great story. sad to see it all go south.
third string oil changer

TruckDriver

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on December 30, 2012, 12:30:07 PM
Funny you say that....I was emailed recently asking what the option code was for the GL package on the fender tag

:smilielol: :P ::) :smilielol:

But you know, that sad thing is, with younger and young people getting into these cars, there are or is a lot of them that never seen the Dukes, but just like the looks of the GL. And they will think there is a Code for that option  :lol:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

tan top

Quote from: TruckDriver on December 30, 2012, 01:50:46 PM

But you know, that sad thing is, with younger and young people getting into these cars, there are or is a lot of them that never seen the Dukes, but just like the looks of the GL. And they will think there is a Code for that option  :lol:

:o  not supprised  :lol: :P
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RCKSTR

Quote from: tan top on December 30, 2012, 03:54:58 PM
Quote from: TruckDriver on December 30, 2012, 01:50:46 PM

:o  not supprised  :lol: :P

Very sad though... :rotz:

TUFCAT

bsakal

The car was listed over on Moparts on saturday. I hope somebody buys it.
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

TUFCAT

I saw the car listed for $17,500/offer/trade.  Oddly the text includes a link back to BB1's original Cardomain.com page with pictures and history asking for leads to find his old car  :shruggy:   http://www.cardomain.com/ride/836223/1969-dodge-charger/

Ghoste

An interesting saga that appears to not be quite over just yet.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 30, 2012, 11:56:33 AM

Speakee engrish?   :shruggy:

You must not know about the specail order GL package from Dodge back in the day the last Vins say, 'GLS" it means General Lee Special direct from dodge.  Only like 20 were made like this.....

:cheers: ::)

Blusmbl

It's listed on for B bodies only, too. I find it a little surprising that a non #'s, non-R/T in arguably the least desirable color needing paint, mechanical work, interior panels and significant detailing is worth $17,500.  I see similar 68/69 cars on ebay listed for stupid money, but they never end up selling either.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Blusmbl on December 30, 2012, 09:33:31 PM
It's listed on for B bodies only, too. I find it a little surprising that a non #'s, non-R/T in arguably the least desirable color needing paint, mechanical work, interior panels and significant detailing is worth $17,500.  I see similar 68/69 cars on ebay listed for stupid money, but they never end up selling either.

what he asks for and what is actually gets are two different things!!!  BB1 offered him 15k he wanted 2500 more obviously we all know how much he bought it for..nothing wrong with flipping I say.

F8-4life

damn too bad it all went sour, it does make for a juicy internet read tho lol jk jk... but if the guy who had it in the 80s offered within a couple grand of what the car is actually worth, and the current owner turned it down..shame shame... I can also understand the current owner wanting to make a profit aswell. Surely there is no middle ground?

PA Dodger

I'm not one for drama. It's unfortunate that there is no enthusiast fellowship in situations like this anymore. I guess everyone is entitled to make a buck off the unsuspecting.

I see the car is close to getting traded for a '71 Demon over on For A Bodies Only.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=217122
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

BB1

I apologies to my friends here and thanks for the support.

I knew it wouldn't work for some time now. I didn't want to air this out in public because I don't like slamming people online.

He has the right to do what he wants to it. I'm a straight talker and I expect people who want to sell something to me to be the same.

I like to get my cards on the table and talk about real numbers, he simply couldn't do it. To this day he wont tell anybody what he wants for it. Is it a secret? Is Ebay your frame of reference, do you not know???

Teasing me for months is that how you work. When I said I don't really need it and wished I had my 70 Cuda or my 69 Superbee back instead, what did you think.

I hate Drama, I run the other way so I did. The people at Moparts will know to, this thread is out there.

If you truly want to sell/trade it... Tell the people here what you want for it. They are waiting...

Let us know.... My association with this car has ended, anyone who buys it has a solid Charger.

We are waiting....... kikgas01

:cheers:

P.S. and no I'm not a GL hater. I bought it in 1983 because of the DOH but I though the orange paint and flag was over the top. Hence the popularity of the show.

Delete my profile

The70RT

Quote from: BB1 on December 31, 2012, 07:56:28 AM
I apologies to my friends here and thanks for the support.

I knew it wouldn't work for some time now. I didn't want to air this out in public because I don't like slamming people online.

He has the right to do what he wants to it. I'm a straight talker and I expect people who want to sell something to me to be the same.

I like to get my cards on the table and talk about real numbers, he simply couldn't do it. To this day he wont tell anybody what he wants for it. Is it a secret? Is Ebay your frame of reference, do you not know???

Teasing me for months is that how you work. When I said I don't really need it and wished I had my 70 Cuda or my 69 Superbee back instead, what did you think.

I hate Drama, I run the other way so I did. The people at Moparts will know to, this thread is out there.

If you truly want to sell/trade it... Tell the people here what you want for it. They are waiting...

Let us know.... My association with this car has ended, anyone who buys it has a solid Charger.

We are waiting....... kikgas01

:cheers:

P.S. and no I'm not a GL hater. I bought it in 1983 because of the DOH but I though the orange paint and flag was over the top. Hence the popularity of the show.

Ed, he wants 17,000 - http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=217122
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BB1

So we know now, Thanks Dennis.

Wow, could have avoided all this. Still not worth it to me.

And he included my cardomain site, Good job now that is honesty.

I feel better about you Kikgas01 your back on my nice guy list.  :2thumbs:

::)
Delete my profile