News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Patience pays off! Dial up beware!!!!!!

Started by kikgas01, August 29, 2012, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Thanks, we did have a great talk for over an hour.  ;D

The man truly saved it, can't tell you how amazing I am on how good the mechanical condition it's in.
Nothing has been done to it since 1995. This find is nothing short of amazing, it's crazy.

We will see what the future will hold, but in the meantime he has a great Charger with super bones and history not to many cars have.

Thanks again Shane
Delete my profile

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: BB1 on August 30, 2012, 08:23:32 AM
THE vin

xp29G9B28xxxx

THE engine is date coded 69, came out of a 69 R/T HP block. rebuild 30 over

THIS IS AMAZING I can't believe it made it back to the states, it was sold to a guy in Hawaii.

<--------------------- THE PIC is OF THE CAR

So what became of the R/T the engine came out of ?

Was it junked, or is it the one I own now ?

I'd love to know the story behind my Kansas car that I bought

engineless in Kentucky...

BB1

It was junked, the friend at the time used the parts on his 69 Hemi RR.
Delete my profile

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: BB1 on August 30, 2012, 08:40:16 PM
It was junked, the friend at the time used the parts on his 69 Hemi RR.

OK thanks.

Cool story on finding your old car...

Sell a kidney or something and go get it back! :2thumbs:

BB1

Delete my profile

NHCharger

Quote from: bill440rt on August 30, 2012, 07:25:49 AM
Man, wish I could find something like that around here just sitting in an alley!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Yep, that's what I was thinking. Nice score.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

kikgas01

Quote from: BB1 on August 30, 2012, 06:46:07 PM
Thanks, we did have a great talk for over an hour.  ;D

The man truly saved it, can't tell you how amazing I am on how good the mechanical condition it's in.
Nothing has been done to it since 1995. This find is nothing short of amazing, it's crazy.

We will see what the future will hold, but in the meantime he has a great Charger with super bones and history not to many cars have.

Thanks again Shane
He did the sending unit, shocks, brakes and some other things a few years ago and has 100 miles or so on it since. Started polishing it today and wow, just wow.

BB1

Isn't it great, polish it and drive it like you stole it, your not going to hurt it at all.  :cheers:
Delete my profile

kikgas01

I don`t beat on it. Never even power braked it. Just a second gear scratch once or twice and ran it up there pretty tight once. But really, just enjoying it and cleaning the shit out of it. This weekend is our HUGE cruise and it will be there. I will take pics. I got the front fender and half the hood done. It`s 100 degrees out lol.It will be looking great by Sunday though. Got the tires all clean and tire shine on them lol. Trunk mat all clean...... It gets a little touchy after you shuy it off and restart it. I hold it to the floor and it fires. I think the gas is boiling out of the carb after I shut it off. ED, lookey what I found in a box, in the trunk!!!!!!

BB1

Dang it cleans up nice, keep it up, love what your doing to it.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I had a red original service manual, but it was very used, that one looks to clean.

I put the copy of the bs in the car, the original might still be in the back seat.

The fuel line has a vapor return line, the whole line is from a R/T, I hope it's not blocked up.
The intake manfold heat cross over is not blocked, I would find an aluminum intake and block the cross over.

You should be ok then.

Ah the fun.  :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

kikgas01

How would I know it the return line is blocked? It smells like gas after you shut it off, then hold it to the floor to start it. Runs poopy for a while then straightens out.I want to do a lot to it buy don`t know how far to go because you might be getting it back. I want to do bumpers, vynal top, and havent decided on the engine. I filled it up, put a 16 dollar bottle of 108 octane boost and lead additive and there is no pinging and it seems to like it.I wish it didn`t run 200-210 on a hot day though. Thought the clutch fan might be weak?
Here is the key chain that was in it lol.

kikgas01

Quote from: BB1 on August 30, 2012, 10:18:48 PM
Isn't it great, polish it and drive it like you stole it, your not going to hurt it at all.  :cheers:
Well, here it is polished and cleaned.....

BB1

No that is not mine.  :smilielol: I had a real Charger key chain.

The guy in Hawaii replaced the water pump, he wrote me and said that it solved the problem.

I'm trying to think... I know at the time I would have replaced the heads, intake, with Edelbrock stuff, that would get the compression back down. It's prob 11 to 1 now, might be why it's so hot.
Electric fans might get you through the Midwest summers.

Never like the heads myself not after I had them milled. If you got some others I would replace them.

Rebuild the carb, it has been sitting for a long time. Put that new distributor on too.
Delete my profile

BB1

Off color green in the piping on the seats is just how I rememberd it  :smilielol:
Delete my profile

kikgas01

Heads and intake and carb. The radiatior is starting to leak a bit. Just things from sitting is all lol. That will make a good winter project. I need to sell a S-10 show truck so I can spend more money on the Charger lol. Just bought a hunderd dollar battery for it today.Hey how do I tell if that line is plugged up?

69Charger_440

Quote from: BB1 on August 30, 2012, 08:12:18 AM
OMG that is MY OLD CHARGER!!!!!

I would love to have it back !!!!!!!  :oye:

I can't even write im so ..........

I don't like to swear, but I swear on my life that i was 99% sure that it was your car, BB1.  How?  I've probably read your cardomain story like 20 times  ;D !!  Part of the clues were that it came back from Hawaii and the Bumblebee sticker.  I was going to PM you and let you know about it, but you beat me to it.  Can't believe no one else caught that!!  Either way, great score!!!!

BB1

I'm glad DC.com exists, and of course all the people on here that love old Chargers like me.

I would have never though back then that computers were so key in keeping people and there hobbies so tied to one another.
The work we do on them is vital to keeping these car running and being seen by the public as the great cars they still are.

Thanks to all of you.  :icon_smile_big:

Blowing compressed air is the only way to see if it is not blocked. Remove it from the tank and the fuel filter. It might not be hooked up, the other guy replaced the sending unit didn't he? *Check*

I would have replaced the fuel and vapor line with stainless steel along with a high volume electric pump.

Delete my profile

kikgas01

You just want to pick up the car and make it right again? :2thumbs: That would be cool! There are a few issues that I would love you to fix being it`s your car. You know everything about it already. I KNOW you could drive it home with no issues except the speedometer bouncing real bad. From 150 to 30 mph lolol.

kikgas01

I sure like that car. I am scared to pull the vynal top off. I hope the roof has no holes......

DadsCharger00

I live in Nebraska. I say we all get some chargers together and have a party!  :2thumbs: have to say its probably one of the coolest threads I've read. I hope it all works out for you both!

1974dodgecharger

someone is a car buying addict  :icon_smile_big:

great find and price!!!!!

41husk

Just make a deal you both can live with before you get to attached to it.  I am sure there are many nice Chargers out there without such a strong emotional tie/ :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

kikgas01

Money is the thing right now. One in this shape will be expensive. Real expensive.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up