News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Patience pays off! Dial up beware!!!!!!

Started by kikgas01, August 29, 2012, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kikgas01

I`m sure something will happen at some point.

BB1

Yes, I agree, we will be more than satisfied with the results and DC.com will get the story.  :cheers:

Muscle car review is the magazine that I will see if they are intrested in the making an article, because I won the muscle car national and it was there mag that did it.

I believe DC which made it possible, should get the credit.

Thanks Shane, you'll get one heck of a Charger. Just need time and the other thing.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
Delete my profile

Just 6T9 CHGR

A plug for the Registry would be nice as well.....just sayin'

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BB1

I hope all goes well as Shane and I work out the details, privately you have no idea how much I admire his admiration for for Dodge Charger and particularly my old car.

If I had the words to say what I would like... I would.  :angel:

Besides I planned it this way.  :smilielol:

The public would like to know about the story and DC.com I hope, maybe not front page, but nice page or 2.
Delete my profile

Ghoste

kikgas01

It got a TON of attention at the show/cruise today!

I let my boy take my S-10 with a V/8 that I have for sale there and he parked next to me.

Sitting at my brother in laws shop with 10 other buddys watching people get on their rides. I did one little burnout lol.

1974dodgecharger

i still dont understand how you get such deals? Man a car in that shape folks would ask 17k fori t and then your GL 15k to 20k and you got deals on both.

BB1

Yah, just look at it.

Shane just had a time machine, and went back 12 years to picked it up.   :icon_smile_big:

It's the deal of the year i bet.
Delete my profile

kikgas01

Here are a couple more.

The guy in the black (Brad Bosen) is who told me about the car. That is my fat ass in the orange shirt lol.

kikgas01

I did radiator and a 160 t-stat, the heater core is un hooked, high volume water pump and it still runs 210 and it is only 70 degrees out. Kind of sucks....

bakerhillpins

If you are pulling your water temp from the dashboard dial and you are concerned get a second opinion as I would bet that it's not so accurate.   :Twocents:

Car looks great!!

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Bob T

Car looks great mate, what a good score. Man, what a small world too, even after it got to Hawaii!

Enjoy the cruises
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

BB1

Makes me wonder if the head gaskets was right. I don't think you can mess that up sort of thing up.

I had it running right at 180 for years.
My last thought was to replace the heads before I sold it, because I didn't like the engine builder and I found problems with his milling job when I pull them off last.

Try and ask some of the engine people on here, they might have a solution.
Delete my profile

tan top

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 08, 2012, 05:44:18 AM
If you are pulling your water temp from the dashboard dial and you are concerned get a second opinion as I would bet that it's not so accurate.   :Twocents:

Car looks great!!

:yesnod:  yeah  , prefer mechanical gauges  :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

kikgas01

These 2 in the lower left are mechanical oil and temp.

1974dodgecharger

Tooz 72

BB1

I put those mechanical gauges in back in the late 80's. I had a autometer tach on the column... but I don't see it.
Delete my profile

kikgas01

I have it. It was un hooked and hanging there, BUT I have it. Let me look for a pic from when I first got the car.

kikgas01

Here ya go.

Notice how hot thw temp gauge is?

BB1

:o Man very

Cool the old tach is still hanging on  :lol:  :thumbs: 1987 tach
Delete my profile

kikgas01

Took it to it`s first show that had 1st place and so on. well

My S-10 got 1st as well lol.

First show that had trophys or in this case, plaques for both vehicles. So first show for both vehicles and both got 1st lololol.

General_01

Just an FYI. I was having what I thought was an overheating problem. Turned out that my mechanical temp gauge was faulty. It was reading 190 and my cousin pointed his thermal gun at the sending unit and it was reading 135. I hooked up the stock gauge to a sending unit and it reads normal. 
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

kikgas01

The dash gauge and this one read high. Someone suggested a flex fan. Any thoughts?

Ghoste

The idea behind a flex fan is that at low speeds the fan blades have a big angle to draw more air and at high speeds the blades will flex and flatten out slightly.  This means they are pulling less air but the higher road speed means more air across the rad to compensate, the benefit is that there is less parisitic drag on the engine.  Soooo, if you currently have a flex fan in your car and the blades are getting worn they could be flattening on you at lower speeds in which case the advice you were given could be correct.  On the other hand if you have a fixed pitch fan in there now, switching to a flex fan may make no difference whatsoever.