News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Patience pays off! Dial up beware!!!!!!

Started by kikgas01, August 29, 2012, 08:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

(still shaking my head) how does he do it...find such deals on these cars

Ghoste

Right there in the thread title, "patience".

kikgas01

Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2012, 05:35:41 AM
The idea behind a flex fan is that at low speeds the fan blades have a big angle to draw more air and at high speeds the blades will flex and flatten out slightly.  This means they are pulling less air but the higher road speed means more air across the rad to compensate, the benefit is that there is less parisitic drag on the engine.  Soooo, if you currently have a flex fan in your car and the blades are getting worn they could be flattening on you at lower speeds in which case the advice you were given could be correct.  On the other hand if you have a fixed pitch fan in there now, switching to a flex fan may make no difference whatsoever.
It has a clutch fan and the clutch seems good. Just trying to try different things. I want it to look stock under the hood that is why I didn`t do a aluminum rad..

Ghoste

Ah, I see.  Personally I'm not a huge fan of the flex blades but others love them.

kikgas01

I will have all winter to try to fix it lol.

moparstuart

start with having the radiator boiled out
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2012, 06:00:01 AM
patience is relative he found this after he found his GL one hahahah..within what 1 month!!!!!  I wish I had his patience.....please give it to me...

kikgas01

I just swapped radiator, thermostat and so on....

kikgas01

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on September 10, 2012, 09:29:23 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 10, 2012, 06:00:01 AM
patience is relative he found this after he found his GL one hahahah..within what 1 month!!!!!  I wish I had his patience.....please give it to me...
Craigslist is where I found the General. 10 grand. I told him if he drove it mere from Madison, I would buy it. The car needed EVERY piece of metal replaced. MISTAKE. I knew of this one for a few months, just forgot about it for a while. Sold my rusty Charger and went and got this....I have had 3 this year but the first 2 were rotten..... I waited 25 years to find a good, solid one and it needs work. It gets hot, the tranny leaks, bumpers are rusty, there are bubbles under the vynal top, so it might need a roof skin....... Just sayin. If you have 10 g`s laying around, go buy one. Craigslist and word of mouth are your friend...... I almost passed on this one because of the roof. The rest was so solid and I was able to drive it home for 10,500 and it has a 440 with a ton of options, so I decided to buy it. I have had 6 or 8 over the last 3 or 4 years. Most rusty or title issues....

kikgas01

I have had a ton of them over the last few years....

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

kikgas01

I think so. And I love it. It is mine, it`s a 69 Charger that is complete and solid with all of it`s original sheel metal that runs. It is unrestored too.

kikgas01

Still doing small things to it..... Bout to take it to BB1 for the winter and really get some things done to it.

moparstuart

Quote from: kikgas01 on September 19, 2012, 04:20:15 PM
Still doing small things to it..... Bout to take it to BB1 for the winter and really get some things done to it.
free labor  alway nice   :icon_smile_big: 

BB1

Delete my profile

kikgas01

moparstuart

kikgas01

moparstuart

kikgas01

Aussie R/T

Does the car use water.I had one once that dripped water onto the block and it dissipated {not visible} so used a bike pump when the car was cold to pressure it and found manifold leak.Other thing was mates falcon had spun the impeller off the water pump even though it was new.New pump and all good.Next thing check the timing might be too far advanced.Great car BTW good luck wish to old owner of my car would come get it.   

BB1

I will state the facts about kikgas01 and me and how the deal to get my old Charger back has failed. This isn't a sob story or really that interesting, but I've been a member here since the beginning, and people are curious.
If you don't care, cya.

Basically, I knew he wanted to sell it. He wanted the car to return to me, even had the title scanned and pm me with it. I didn't care, my thoughts were this, I had cash but had a million and 1 things to do with it before I needed a Charger again.

I tried to get him to get to the point, which was to me, (what do you want for it?)
PM after PM came from him and it was getting weird. Just drive it back home he said.
I was perplexed about what he was not saying about what he wanted.

I wanted to know one thing, I asked him 5 time in a row. I'm being very reasonable but losing interest fast. More of the same bs, like he was sure I wanted to get it back.

Finally I told him what I would give for it, he would make a profit, I would get it back.

Boy after that he went off the wall as what he could get for it bla bla, eBay bla.

I obviously know the car 100% better than he ever could and he knew it too. No money from me, I don't run on emotions, it's a non R/T Charger.
I know the problems and how much money I need to sink into it to get reliable and he's trying to tell me it's a great running car. BS!

So off he goes, thinking he had me right, money in hand ready to pay whatever he wanted for it.
Lesson worth learning, sell it to people that know only what he tells about it, which is nothing.
He could better himself by writing without the rambling around in search of a though.
Super solid Charger, that it is, worth more than a 69 Coronet just because it says
Charger, hell no. $15000. Car all day long.

Look he wants to distroy it by making a GL :smilielol:

You are a piece of work my man.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97785.0.html

KiKgas01
Selling it for enough to buy a decent General, or trade it. I would rather TRADE it for a General. Anyone wants it, hit me up. I will try this before I destroy a nice Charger by making it a General Lee. By that I mean spraying the nice interior, shaving the working reverse lights, side reflectors and emblems. That will pretty much destroy this car...  There are plenty of threads here about my car. I am as honest as can be about this car. If no intrest, I will be starting the conversion later in Janurary.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,94632.0.html
Please keep all of the bad sarcastic comments to yourself, thanks. Please PM me.

Delete my profile

RCKSTR

Funny,

I was going to offer $15k for it as well. No need if I know he already shot you down.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 29, 2012, 08:33:24 PM
Funny,

I was going to offer $15k for it as well. No need if I know he already shot you down.

I'm surprised as a senior member he would haggle u even after makin a profit. I'm really surprised about how threw the so called egay at u. Wow even after we mock that place for cars not sold as I'm cash not exchanged. Let him turn it into a gl whooohoooo

Not u rck I meany bb

DadsCharger00

Quote from: RCKSTR on December 29, 2012, 08:33:24 PM
Funny,

That's where I was.