News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger SE 4speed in Colorado?

Started by DadsCharger00, August 29, 2012, 04:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/3228601805.html

Thought I'd post it up and let ya take a look. I got the VIN from the guy...it was a 383 originally. But not terrible for the price I don't think, baring the unforseen!

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Dino

Good deals can be found...as long as they're green or bronze!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

6pkrtse

My other 70' 500 S.E. is originally Bronze with tan interior so I have gotten used to Bronze. I have really started likeing the odd ball colors & interiors with age I guess. My Bro-in-law has a triple green 69 Chevelle & that has grown on me also the last several years. I saw a green 68 Charger R/T with a black top, stripe & interior the other day that I never saw before locally cruising down the road. Man, I loved that car. I wouldn't mind a green Charger at all.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Dino

I say it with a healthy dose of sarcasm as my car was originally F8 green in and out with a white top.  It still sports its original green interior but not for very long!

I do like the green exterior but the inside is a bit too much for me.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tan top

looks good / ok !!   from pictures  !! , nice set of slots too  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bakerhillpins

I wonder if it was originally a non vinyl top car? They are sweet! Someday.   :lol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

BB1

Oh my, I'd like to keep that myself.  :smilielol:

Calling...
Delete my profile

chargerboy69

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on August 29, 2012, 04:17:38 PM
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/3228601805.html

Thought I'd post it up and let ya take a look. I got the VIN from the guy...it was a 383 originally. But not terrible for the price I don't think, baring the unforseen!

Mike,  You considering going to get it?  That looks like a nice one.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

DadsCharger00

I'm talking to the guy but honestly I'd have to sell a toy to buy another one. Plus I think I could possibly lose my manhood if I bought another one. But it does look nice and sounds good so far.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 01, 2012, 04:49:57 PM
I'm talking to the guy but honestly I'd have to sell a toy to buy another one. Plus I think I could possibly lose my manhood if I bought another one. But it does look nice and sounds good so far.

Step up to the plate.  :2thumbs: 

Just kidding.  It get's to be an addiction.  I've bought too many cars and didn't sell enough.  Luckily, my wife knows and accepts I'm a Moparholic :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

DadsCharger00

Ghoste

Mine too, my next Charger is likely going to cost me a hot tub in interest. (or is it graft?)

DadsCharger00

If I got a classic mustang for her first I might get away with it....and I'd say graft! :D

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

DadsCharger00

Yeah...not that particular car..but yeah. Now I want my own lol. Won't happen for a long time but I still like shopping!

DadsCharger00

marshallfry01

When the day comes for me to get a charger, I want it to be in that exact condition. Looks like a rather easy restoration. You would think it would be rusty coming from Colorado, unless it hasn't been there long.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

DadsCharger00

Quote from: bakerhillpins on August 30, 2012, 08:02:40 AM
I wonder if it was originally a non vinyl top car? They are sweet! Someday.   :lol:

Owner said it was an original no vinyl top. Been chatting with him just for giggles. Seems like a nice ride for sure.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 01, 2012, 08:02:39 PM

Owner said it was an original no vinyl top. Been chatting with him just for giggles. Seems like a nice ride for sure.

Original 4spd car?

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 01, 2012, 06:30:28 PM
Yeah...not that particular car..but yeah. Now I want my own lol. Won't happen for a long time but I still like shopping!

After I got my car I was still actively Looking for probably 6 more months.. I just couldn't stop. The wife was getting grumpy I was spending me evenings on it when I had other things to do. If I had a decent storage place I would probably have another by now.  Already scheming on how to get my boys a 70 Challenger and Road Runner.   :slap:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

DadsCharger00

I think the toughest part for me has been that I bought the car for my dad, which was amazing. But now....it's 8 hrs away in HIS garage! I mean, I knew that was going to happen, but it's been tough to not be able to see her, and him for that matter as much as I'd like

DadsCharger00

Quote from: bakerhillpins on September 01, 2012, 08:25:02 PM
Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 01, 2012, 08:02:39 PM

Original 4spd car?

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 01, 2012, 06:30:28 PM

And not an original 4 speed car. Was actually just an automatic

TUFCAT

I've gone on record over, and over again saying I love green when its the original color on a restored Mopar.

"Earth tones" like green, bronze and gold were the most ordered colors back in the day. :yesnod:  So numerous Ford and GM cars were also painted these hues until Mopar and AMC broke the mold with High Impact colors in '69,.... then they all followed. :P  As usual. ;)

1974dodgecharger

surmanajaja

Quote from: marshallfry01 on September 01, 2012, 07:59:14 PM
You would think it would be rusty coming from Colorado, unless it hasn't been there long.

I have a 64,5 mustang that came from colorado. not a spot of rust. but I would never buy a Florida car, bought one and it had holes through the roof, and frame rails were rusted from the inside,they looked clean but when you pressed with a screwdriver, it went straight through them like butter! :'(