News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What little jobs get you excited about working on your Charger?

Started by Ghoste, August 29, 2012, 05:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Sort of the exact opposite of Nacho's question, but what little tasks get you excited about working on your Charger?  Are there things whether repair or maintainance that you are thrilled to go and do to the car?
For me, I think I sickly enjoy cleaning the brightwork or interior on the car.  The first gens looks so good with that interior.

billschroeder5842

I like putzing with it. I just pull it into my garage at an angle, pop the hood, grab a beer and think to myself how lucky I am.

Texas Proud!

DadsCharger00

Quote from: billschroeder5842 on August 29, 2012, 06:22:49 PM
I like putzing with it. I just pull it into my garage at an angle, pop the hood, grab a beer and think to myself how lucky I am.

I agree...I think I'm still in shock that I found one. Just staring at the car is pry my favorite thing....that and overall detailing of the car. Something about seeing it shine  :drool5: :2thumbs:

Darkman

Since my car is in a complete tear down stage at the moment, I could say everything.

However at this stage of my build, I have mixed emotions working on the car. See as follows:

• I begin setting up for the day's work on the car and get excited that I'm about to start work on it
  • I actually start work on the car and spend the rest of the day cursing, swearing and hating the car
  • I end the day packing up feeling great that I achieved something and can't wait until I start work on it again

Maybe it is just a normal reaction or maybe I'm bipolar when it comes to the car!

So you can see why it is a difficult question for me to answer  :icon_smile_big:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

chargerboy69

Polishing the wheels.  It takes me a while, but worth every minute.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

DadsCharger00

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 29, 2012, 07:01:35 PM

I wish I had those wheels!!!

chargerboy69

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on August 29, 2012, 07:09:40 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 29, 2012, 07:01:35 PM

I wish I had those wheels!!!

I know.  :nana: :D

Mike, You have been extra good this year, maybe Santa will bring you a set.  ;)
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

BrianShaughnessy

The part where I turned the key after putting in 3 starters over the last month and finally had a decent working one.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Cooter

Not so much a "Charger" thing as the one I'm working on now is the Chally, but the same feeling none the less.

Number one thing would have to be that first cruise where everybody knows your car is being worked on, but don't know it's drivable yet.
Second would have to be the feeling i like to call my "Groove". Where you begin right after work like around 5:30 PM and before you know it, it's 10:00 PM at night and you don't wanna stop, but have to. Knowing you've really gotten ALOT done and out of the way.
Third would have to be the first person to see it at the cruise night and comment on how well you did.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Paul G

I get excited doing things that make it run a little better, smoother, quicker, better economy. And cleaning it up again after a few drives. Cleaning it up is like therapy for me. At cruise night or a show when people come up and tell me what a beautifull car it is, that makes all the busted knuckles and scraped off skin worth it. Chevy's and Fords are a dime a dozen, that's why our Charger's are special!
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Bob T

Used the Meguires Quik detailer and hand buffed it on Saturday night, took 3 hours or so and had 8 beers. Likely it could've been done quicker, but was the right idea at the time with some good tunes on in the garage
Was really impressed with how it looked after a 130 mile cruise and a long parkup on the gravel at the farm park, no dust stuck to it so I wont even need to wash it for this weekend drags , sweet . I'm a convert for that Quyik detailer now, magic stuff  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bill440rt

Little jobs??  :scratchchin:
I guess any task that gives dramatic results. Polishing. Swapping crusty parts for better or new ones. (Or in Brian's case, parts that work!  :icon_smile_wink:).
Tasks that come together as planned, without snowballing into something else.

I also get satisfaction by doing things for friends or helping with their cars. Just installed a headliner yesterday in a friend's GL for him, he was very happy!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tan top

any time i got the motor out  or appart ,
changing heads or cams or intakes / crabs  , or doing something that means i  have taken it to bits again  :scratchchin:  :lol:
after all the work , back ache , smashed knuckles , fingers etc etc etc etc is all forgotten  , when on the  flick of the key   motor fires ,   :dance:  :drool5: :yesnod: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html