News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT TAGS!

Started by Mopar John, August 26, 2012, 07:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davtona

Isn't it amazing how a perfectly good thread can turn preverted so fast.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

pettybird

tan top

:coolgleamA:  good pictures & stuff , thanks for sharing  MJ  :yesnod: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2012, 10:50:49 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2012, 07:51:09 PM
 whats the key chain look like   :D

dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I so need like one of those , or maybe 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar John

Quote from: Davtona on August 27, 2012, 08:31:25 PM
Isn't it amazing how a perfectly good thread can turn preverted so fast.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
I never thought when I started this post we would end up where we did? I thought maybe a bit more on dual 1450HP HEMI's!
MJ

pettybird

10 of them is on you...I have one coming that's set aside with your name on it.

Quote from: moparstuart on August 28, 2012, 09:58:24 AM

dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I so need like one of those , or maybe 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

learical1

Quote from: moparstuart on August 28, 2012, 09:58:24 AM

dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I so need like one of those , or maybe 10!!!! Can I get them with white lettering???

Fixed!
Bruce

pettybird

ha funny but I did order the green/white ones!

pettybird

moparstuart

flyinlow

You always want to make sure your pitot tubes and static ports are uncovered before flight .   :rofl:

winged69

Not to step on anybody's toes but is there no pilots in the club?  The real tags were used first on fighter jets and then worked their way down to small aircraft.I have had the real tags for 8 years. They were left by the military by accident when they flew off on a training mission. The true tags are used for things like pinning the landing gear, covering pitot tubes and other equipment on the side of aiircraft when not in use. The ones I have a pocket, not a keyring, designed to slide over the pitot tubes. I hang mine from the hoodpins or the side vent windows.  Hint as with planes remove them before flight or they will be gone, in the wind! The real ones are neat and big enough to be read , but also good for loss at carshows.

Ghoste

70Sbird

I have one of these tags courtesy of my brother and the US Navy! As mentioned above they are found in various locations tagged to items that need to be removed before the plane can fly. I usually unscrew my drivers side lock knob for extended displays and screw the it back on through the metal "ring" on the RBF tag. That way it hangs out over the drivers door for display and when it comes time to leave I just swing it inside the car. That way if someone really wants to "remove it before flight" or take it home from a car show they will at least need to take the time to take my lock knob off as well, they cant just grab it and go.
  :icon_smile_big:

Here's a picture of my "tag" on my 'Bird in Milwaukee:

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

Hey Scott it's nice to see you had your support vehicle right behind you  :lol:

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on August 29, 2012, 10:12:39 AM

Doug, you're like my personal pit crew/roomate!
:2thumbs:
Here's the same car (and heplers) earlier that day when it died leaving the hotel....

Scott Faulkner

Hemi Runner

Scott,
Your bird gets around almost as much as Stuarts..... did you get the engine all tuned up and get the fogger turned off :D

70Sbird

Quote from: Hemi Runner on August 29, 2012, 12:04:26 PM
Scott,
Your bird gets around almost as much as Stuarts..... did you get the engine all tuned up and get the fogger turned off :D

Mike,
I also have a picture of Doug (PettyBird) under my dash with the fusebox in his hand at Talladega in 2004 trying to get my brake lights working again!

As for the 'Bird, it is running better than it ever has, but is still drinking a quart of Brad Penn 15W50 every 100 miles!  :RantExplode:
To be honest I'm getting so fed up with it I havent even started the car in about a month.....
I need to pull the intake and take a good look at the valley pan sealing, that is about all I have left to check, everything else has come back as not the issue.

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on August 29, 2012, 12:47:37 PM
Quote from: Hemi Runner on August 29, 2012, 12:04:26 PM
Scott,

Mike,
I also have a picture of Doug (PettyBird) under my dash with the fusebox in his hand at Talladega in 2004 trying to get my brake lights working again!

As for the 'Bird, it is running better than it ever has, but is still drinking a quart of Brad Penn 15W50 every 100 miles!  :RantExplode:
To be honest I'm getting so fed up with it I havent even started the car in about a month.....
I need to pull the intake and take a good look at the valley pan sealing, that is about all I have left to check, everything else has come back as not the issue.
when your totally tired of it just call , I will gladly trade you   :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

pettybird

Jerry Narramore, standing next to me, is also a "client" of mine.  I've done exhaust and starter work for him  :lol:

Quote from: 70Sbird on August 29, 2012, 10:19:30 AM

Here's the same car (and heplers) earlier that day when it died leaving the hotel....

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 29, 2012, 02:40:18 PM
Jerry Narramore, standing next to me, is also a "client" of mine.  I've done exhaust and starter work for him  :lol:

Hey Scott it's nice to see you had your support vehicle right behind you  :lol:

you should really up your rates , or at least collect some free dinners .   Oh and in 02 ? Mike Atkins (pictured )  We tore his column apart in topeka and fixed it with parts out of Roger wilsons junk yard parts car he had trailed in with him .  

FJ5WING

Blue Birds were never one of my favorites...But The Birds on this board sure make me a HUGE fan!!!!!!Funny how I didnt want a Greenie but couldnt find what I wanted (White) when I felt the need to have one.
wingless now, but still around.

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

70Sbird

[/quote]

Blue Birds were never one of my favorites...But The Birds on this board sure make me a HUGE fan!!!!!!Funny how I didnt want a Greenie but couldnt find what I wanted (White) when I felt the need to have one.
[/quote]

Kind of a common theme...I went looking for a Limelight 'Bird when I finally was able to get serious about owning one, the wife really wanted a yellow one. Ended up with a blue one....go figure!

Scott Faulkner

WINGIN IT

Funny, I always wanted a blue wing car, and have a lot of yellow Mopars so what do I end up with.... a yellow car.  :lol: :D