News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT TAGS!

Started by Mopar John, August 26, 2012, 07:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

I know a couple of wing cars have had these " REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT " tags on them. They have been discussed before and few like them and most dislike them! Yesterday the shop that does all the chassis work on my racecar had an open house. They had food and a live band and we the customers brought our cars to showcase their work. I came across some very unusual stuff! The first picture is of a full size tricycle with a lawnmower engine powered fan on the back! It has one of those remove before flight tags on it! The second picture is of the same guys 426 HEMI powered motorcycle Or should I say a HEMI with 2 wheels and handlebars? The third picture of the same guys hotrod with 2 KEITH BLACK blown HEMI's! I was told that they dynoed at 1450HP each! This thing had 2 parachutes and both of those also had those remove before flight tags on them also. So this guy likes his HEMI's and remove before flight tags. I don't know what he does with the hotrod besides take it to shows? The thing is so front heavy it would never hook up! When he started it he had to have some guys hold onto his awning so it wouldn't get blown away from the open header tubes it was that wild! WOW! The last picture is of my 1970 GTX dragcar on display!
MJ

held1823

very cool stuff, john. thanks for sharing
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Being that I'm still in the Air Force, I have a certain appreciation and fondness for them...  :icon_smile_big:

These are for my Daytona and I have another for my C500........   Thanks Allen........  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

68 Bullitt Charger

Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

Davtona

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 26, 2012, 07:59:48 PM
Being that I'm still in the Air Force, I have a certain appreciation and fondness for them...  :icon_smile_big:

These are for my Daytona and I have another for my C500........   Thanks Allen........  :2thumbs:

Yup I have one also. Same source. What Troy said. Thanks Allen  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

A383Wing

I got a couple also...from Boeing out here

Bryan

moparstuart

Quote from: Davtona on August 26, 2012, 08:19:10 PM
Being that I'm still in the Air Force, I have a certain appreciation and fondness for them...  :icon_smile_big:

Yup I have one also. Same source. What Troy said. Thanks Allen  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Me and thanks Allen  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Davtona

Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2012, 09:26:51 PM

Allen, Where you at?? Long time no see around here!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: Davtona on August 26, 2012, 09:38:31 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2012, 09:26:51 PM

Allen, Where you at?? Long time no see around here!!!
If you havent heard he has been really busy and has some new great news but I will let him tell it or go check out his face book page.

Davtona

Thanks Stuart I'm on to facebook.  :D 500 Done??

moparstuart

Quote from: Davtona on August 26, 2012, 09:45:06 PM
nope  , he has been a way different busy  :smilielol:

Davtona

No info from facebook.  :brickwall:  I guess I'll wait for announcement. Come on Allen or I'll have to call. Sorry about the thread derail John

moparstuart

Quote from: Davtona on August 26, 2012, 09:57:19 PM
No info from facebook.  :brickwall:  I guess I'll wait for announcement. Come on Allen or I'll have to call. Sorry about the thread derail John
pm sent

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on August 26, 2012, 09:48:57 PM
Quote from: Davtona on August 26, 2012, 09:45:06 PM
nope  , he has been a way different busy  :smilielol:

My guess he's doing his version of the "Troy trade", aka "Allen trade"........   :scope:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

pettybird

Being that I'm still in the Air Force, I have a certain appreciation and fondness for them...  :icon_smile_big:

I bought mom a pink one for Marty

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2012, 09:14:20 AM

These are for my Daytona and I have another for my C500........   Thanks Allen........  :2thumbs:

Oh yeah? I would love to get Julie one......... Did you get it online?
Troy

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 27, 2012, 09:59:19 AM
Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2012, 09:14:20 AM

These are for my Daytona and I have another for my C500........   Thanks Allen........  :2thumbs:

Oh yeah? I would love to get Julie one......... Did you get it online?

I got it at a swap meet.  I'm sure they're out there somewhere but hers is still clean enough I haven't had to look for a replacement yet  :lol:

pettybird

holy crap there are a million of them on ebay.  There are even black with pink lettering...I may get one of those. 

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2012, 10:40:58 AM
holy crap there are a million of them on ebay.  There are even black with pink lettering...I may get one of those. 
because we all know your a PINK kinda guy   :nana:

Dave Kanofsky

I got one with my SuperBird that I kept and use with the Daytona, especially with it being red and white.

I like it so much I even got the shirt from the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH - you can order it from their website too...

http://store.airforcemuseum.com/T-Shirts-and-Polos/Remove-Before-Flight-T-Shirt/PAEBACFIINOEEJKA/3008-3009/Product

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2012, 11:12:12 AM
because we all know your a PINK kinda guy   :nana:

What I do on the weekend is my own business, thanks.

pettybird

And stu be nice--I just ordered a 5 pack of lime green keychains.  I only need a couple of 'em over by me  :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Maybe, once again with the picture, the pink one might serve my needs better..  :rofl:
Troy

learical1

Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2012, 03:36:25 PM

What about the guy on the far right (of the picture, not politically)?  It looks like he really enjoys dressing up in pink!
Bruce

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2012, 03:36:25 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2012, 11:12:12 AM
holy crap there are a million of them on ebay.  There are even black with pink lettering...I may get one of those.  
because we all know your a PINK kinda guy   :nana:

What I do on the weekend is my own business, thanks.

Wow who knew you had your own Pink man group  :icon_smile_big:  whats the key chain look like   :D