News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

carburetor spacer

Started by charger01, August 07, 2012, 11:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

Going to put a spacer on to keep my carb cooler.  I bought a four hole hvh composite one.  I am assuming the flat area goes against the manifold and the open holes goes towards the carb?  does that make sense?

1BAD68

charger01

just trying to figure out for sure.  summitt says the machined holes face the intake?

Chryco Psycho

I would put the machined holes surfaces down there are vacuum passages in the carb base that will not seal if the open areas are against the carb .

charger01

Thanks , that's what I did

myk

Had to jump in on this thread-what specific HVH spacer did you get?  Also, what intake and carb are you running?  I want to buy a spacer also but I'm not sure on what to get.  I see a lot of recommendations for Eddy part # 9266, but....is that considered an "open" spacer or a "holed" spacer, as it's open but with a piece that runs down the middle of the spacer?