News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Header wrap

Started by Big Sugar, August 22, 2012, 04:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

Anyone using that ceramic cloth header wrap ? Are the heat absorbtion qualities a benifit ? What about the sound
With the wrap cut down on some of the engine sound getting thru my firewall ? 
Im running TTI headers on my 440

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Budnicks

Haven't used that for years now, I've used it in the past to keep heat in the pipes for better scavenging performance & less under-hood temperatures are also a great free effect, less heat at the starter, maybe a "little quieter", mainly a less "tinny sound" from the headers... I like the Ceramic coating inside & out much better thou...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

c00nhunterjoe

Most header companies will void any warrenty if wrap is used. Every car I've seen with wrap on them ends up eating the headers.

68X426

TTI is very specific on this topic, do not use a wrap on any TTI under any conditions.  :angel:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

The stuff works but its a fast shortcut to rotted out headers.  I think it not only holds the moisture in but they help create it too with condensation build.

Cooter

While moisture is definately a concern, the main problem i've seen with those header wraps is crystalizing of the header tubing. Hit 'em with a hammer and they shatter like glass.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Really?  That has to be funny and angering to see depending on which side of ownership you are to the shattered metal.