News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trying to guage interest in a Canadian Charger meet next year

Started by Ghoste, August 22, 2012, 02:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If there were some sort of informal Charger meet in Ontario, would you attend?

Yes
13 (61.9%)
No
3 (14.3%)
Maybe
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Ghoste

Looking at the number of Charger owners on here from Ontario, do you think there would be much participation in a Charger only get together?  There are already a lot of shows to go to through the summer so maybe adding one more is a bad idea.  There must be a somewhat central location and a day when we are all available?

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

J.Bond

I suggested a meet earlier this year, a few members agreed it would be do-able, but nobody jumped on the band wagon.My property is located in the Orangeville area, and would eazily handle a 100 cars before we had to hit the fields. Offer is still open for next year.Hopfully having a few club members over on the 2 of Sept, for a function, I will run it past them , and let them check out the site and comment.

James

Ghoste

bad_habits

If something could be arranged I would be there, sounds like fun!

Ghoste

So if we take James up on his offer to assemble there, is that enough for a first attempt.  Get together, look at each others cars, tell lies and go home or does there have to be some other attraction?

J.Bond

Had to find the thread from earlier this  year

After checking the thread on south western chargers, the first thing that came to mind was, why don't we do a private, car show-barbecue-meet and greet. My property in Grand Valley can accomodate over a 100 cars as is and if need be, another 45 acres out back. This show would be just for us, no public. If it works out and the turn out is large, it might be something to consider going public with, down the road.

Every year we have a barbecue, pig roast with our friends and hunters that hunt my property, its usually 30 to 50 people. So were pretty well set up to do a function. Just have to know what the numbers are, and throw in a bit of pot luck.

Well se how the responce is, and take it from there.

If you want an attraction; We can have the wife's 1st gen, painted while we eat. Just a thought.

RIDELIKEHELL

When were you thinking? I was really hoping to meet you James @ Moparfest and introduce myself.

Marc
AMD POSTER BOY

Ghoste

If I were to throw out a suggestion, it would be July after Carlisle or September possibly.  Between my work schedule in the summer and the three big Mopar meets, it gets hard to nail down a time.

Dodge Don

September sounds better than the busier June-Aug period.

If it is just DC.Com guys it will be too small....5 guys staring at eachother  :scratchchin:   Are you thinking of advertising it as a pure Charger show. That might draw a decent group?

Ghoste

I think that would be a good idea, both the advertising and the September date.   How does September 14 sound?

J.Bond

In January, we came up with July 16, something after Spring Fling and before Moparfest.

Marc;

Were you there on Saturday??

Don;

Yeah, head count is an issue, however, it still amazes me how many Charger owners are not even aware of D.C.com,so between our members, the scattered 1st,2nd and third gens in my nieghbourhood, the incedentals, friends with Chrysler vehicles that are not Chargers, that would be insulted if the were not invited, I'm not too concerned.

Build it, and they will come.

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: J.Bond on August 23, 2012, 07:17:00 AM
In January, we came up with July 16, something after Spring Fling and before Moparfest.

Marc;

Were you there on Saturday??

Don;

Yeah, head count is an issue, however, it still amazes me how many Charger owners are not even aware of D.C.com,so between our members, the scattered 1st,2nd and third gens in my nieghbourhood, the incedentals, friends with Chrysler vehicles that are not Chargers, that would be insulted if the were not invited, I'm not too concerned.

Build it, and they will come.

I was there but you were out wandering when I was there with the gang
AMD POSTER BOY

Ghoste

July 16 would put me as "maybe".  Very close to Carlisle and family vacation weeks.

Chryco Psycho

No way I am driving 2400 miles from AB one way , Mexico is closer !!

65post

I say September would be it.I am sick of driving 8 hours to the barrie flea market to look at underwear and sombreros.... 
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Dodge Don

Back N Black

Looks like the Army is going to post me back to Ottawa next summer, so i can make the trip from Ottawa.  :2thumbs:

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1ofnone

DC_1

CAPER

I'm in Belwood which is pretty close so I will be there. The 1st annual Belwood Lake Car show august 11  had a little over 30 cars and it was open to all. Went to the  Boot Hill car show and they had 50 cars so tough to get people out with so many activities these days.

J.Bond

Don;

Canadian Dodge Charger Nationals

That name in it's self, seems huge.

C.D.C.N. Ontario Division??

Hmmmmmmmm  You Know it's all in the name!!!!!!!!

CAPER;
Bellwood lake? your 10 min. from 1ofnone and 15 min from me. I ran across a yellow 2nd gen comming thru Bellwood 2 or 3 years back, was that you??

Timing: July-Sept what ever you guys choose, is Ok by me, Cannot do Sept this year, as there is just not enough time!

If you persue Sept, We should try to keep it in the earlier part of the month if posible.

James

Ghoste

CAPER

Yup probably my car you saw as it's a 70 FY1. Lived in Belwood 20 yrs and had the car since the 90's.