News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you think DOH is more popular in certain regions over others?

Started by Ghoste, August 18, 2012, 12:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

IIRC, I think the builder of said "Jump car" at the latest Dukesfest offered the damn thing for sale and NOBODY wanted it..Surprize, surprize. Wonder why no one wanted to "Save" it, yet will complain when it's "Jumped"?

AGAIN, if you can't afford to buy up all of 'em, you have no grounds IMO. as there are plenty that want to see that Orange car fly at DOH events.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Back N Black

Quote from: Cooter on August 21, 2012, 06:45:09 AM
IIRC, I think the builder of said "Jump car" at the latest Dukesfest offered the damn thing for sale and NOBODY wanted it..Surprize, surprize. Wonder why no one wanted to "Save" it, yet will complain when it's "Jumped"?

AGAIN, if you can't afford to buy up all of 'em, you have no grounds IMO. as there are plenty that want to see that Orange car fly at DOH events.

If your such a big fan of the show and jumping chargers, destoying them,why did'nt you buy it and push it over a cliff?

Ghoste

It's apples and oranges but I will point out that there are plenty of people who buy snuff films too.  I'm sure if someone were willing to pay the parties involved in those films an equal amount of money to NOT do it, they would take the money and avoid the effort.  The apples to apples part is that just because a large group of people are willing to pay for a particular entertainment, it doesn't mean that others have no right to complain about it.

Anyway, I really didn't care about another DOH love it or hate it contest, I was just curious if it had a stronger following in some areas over others.

kikgas01

It is terrible that they destroyed so many Jeeps lol....

bill440rt

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 18, 2012, 02:43:06 AM

BTW, I know of more GL replicas in New Jersey than I do in Georgia. What does that mean? I don't know..just think it is interesting.

Same here. I know of at least half a dozen of them, & about 4 of them owned by close friends of mine. Another is building one, & wants me to do the paint & body on it. I'll be doing a headliner in another within the next week. Another just had one built for him by some shop, plunked down the money & got a turn key GL. All of these cars are within less than an hour's drive for me.
John Schneider just made appearances at two different Dukes themed events here in NJ this past Friday & Saturday.

The DOH love it/hate it contest on here is like herpes. It comes back every now & then, but just won't completely go away. It's almost as entertaining itself as watching Chargers get destroyed.  :insertsarcasm:

I am a Dukes fan as well, but as I've stated destroying a Charger for jollies is pretty lame when there are so many other options. What's done in the past is done (they were just used cars, etc), but in these days??  :shruggy:    
Furthermore, people have the right to complain about ANYTHING they are opposed to. I can't stop animal cruelty in circus side-shows, but I have the right to complain about it. (How's that for an analogy??)  :D

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on August 21, 2012, 07:00:03 AM

If your such a big fan of the show and jumping chargers, destoying them,why did'nt you buy it and push it over a cliff?

Um, I don't recall ever seeing where I said I was a FAN of jumping Chargers..I just hate to see people make remarks about "Destroying" Chargers, when they clearly have no clue WTF they are talking about. "just sayin"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: kikgas01 on August 21, 2012, 07:23:30 AM
It is terrible that they destroyed so many Jeeps lol....

LOL, and To quote one of the older guys on the set, "Oh, the police cars we went through!"...I cannot believe they destroyed so many Perfectly good Plymouth Fury's...What were they thinking?...