News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone know the history of my car? RM23V0A172646

Started by rnjump, August 20, 2012, 06:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnjump

I recently purchased this six-pack Superbird from the widow of Kirk Brinks in Grand Rapids. I have been searching for what seems like forever for a good deal only to come up short so many times. Thanks to a fellow forum member I was led to this car and managed to get it purchased. I am curious to know more about the car and since Kirk has passed any info pertaining to the car has eluded me. The car was in his possession since 1983 and went from FY1 to red and received a white top. You may have seen it on Craigslist. After loading the car and halfway home I found an appraisal in a folder from 2003 that mentions the original engine was sitting on an engine stand next to the car at that time yet it was not seen during the purchase and the sellers representative knew nothing about it. His wife is Phillipine and seemed to not have much interest or knowledge of the car. Do we have any Michigan forum members that remember the car or better yet know where the engine went? I am thrilled to have this car home and would be grateful to know more of the history.  Thanks

nascarxx29

Not much on it other than Lemon twist yellow Detroit MI Mi member you need to Find John Pappas and his friend Mark M there from MI

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

ACUDANUT

Yes, it was stolen from me.  Please return it, no questions asked.
:icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C5X DAYTONA

I have the car on file in Detroit just like XX does from the late 70s.    I have the name of the guy who the info came from it that helps.  You can email me.  
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

rnjump

Quote from: C5X DAYTONA on August 21, 2012, 12:20:33 AM
I have the car on file in Detroit just like XX does from the late 70s.    I have the name of the guy who the info came from it that helps.  You can email me.  
Email sent, Thanks

WINGIN IT

Congrats on the purchase  :2thumbs:
Had my eye on that one too.
I actually liked it in Red with the white top, although not factory correct.

Hope you find the original engine.

What part of the country you hail from?

rnjump

I live in SW Missouri. I plan to drive this thing as is for about a year and then do a nice restoration on it. I just finished one rotisserie car and have a pro-mod dart to try to get going first. And I need to restore my pocketbook first. Yellow cars are a favorite with all the black hi-lites that Superbirds have. A six-pack four speed makes it a plus.

WINGIN IT

Cool, best of luck with it, keep the board posted on the resto when you start it, or in it's travels  ;)

moparstuart

Quote from: rnjump on August 21, 2012, 10:47:57 AM
  I live in SW Missouri. I plan to drive this thing as is for about a year and then do a nice restoration on it. I just finished one rotisserie car and have a pro-mod dart to try to get going first. And I need to restore my pocketbook first. Yellow cars are a favorite with all the black hi-lites that Superbirds have. A six-pack four speed makes it a plus.
so are you in the joplin area  ?   hope i get to see the car at a show or somewhere in our great state 

Beep Beep Dave

Can you post some pics of your Superbird? I would love to see it.
Congrats on the purchase 440+6 4-speed Superbird :2thumbs: And FY1 to boot :2thumbs:

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

rnjump

Stuart, I live about 2 hours south of you in Bolivar. Dave, I just put some Rallyes and polyglass tires on and will get some pics this weekend. What a difference 15" rallies and new tires make. I also dyed the top black. I have a front bench to replace the mid-seventies buckets and will be taking the seats to the interior shop tomorrow. It's coded for black bench seat.

moparstuart

Quote from: rnjump on August 22, 2012, 06:22:09 PM
 Stuart, I live about 2 hours south of you in Bolivar. Dave, I just put some Rallyes and polyglass tires on and will get some pics this weekend. What a difference 15" rallies and new tires make. I also dyed the top black. I have a front bench to replace the mid-seventies buckets and will be taking the seats to the interior shop tomorrow. It's coded for black bench seat.
My mother grew up in bolivar and my aunts and several cousins still live there  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
  My Dad was born and raised in Springfield and both my parents graduated from SMSU

ACUDANUT

rnjump, Did you at one time own that salvage yard in Boliver Mo ?

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on August 23, 2012, 01:32:20 PM
yeagins  ?  I used to sell pam there aftermarket parts years ago

I just put two and two together  ?  are you the Jump oil  gas station guy  ?  That i remember   :scratchchin:

ACUDANUT

PAM ??  No I was thinking about a guy who had a salvage yard right on 13 hwy...He got alot of money from me. 

rnjump

Quote from: moparstuart on August 23, 2012, 03:01:52 PM

I just put two and two together  ?  are you the Jump oil  gas station guy  ?  That i remember   :scratchchin:

Naw, Stuart that's my cousin. He sold out and retired at 50 years old. Ron Jump. Cudanut, You may be talking about Pat Frazier. He's an old rambler guy. He has a lo-mile amx and SC/rambler. He has loads of stuff sitting around. I live close to his place off 13 hiway.

moparstuart

Quote from: rnjump on August 23, 2012, 09:19:23 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 23, 2012, 03:01:52 PM

Naw, Stuart that's my cousin. He sold out and retired at 50 years old. Ron Jump. Cudanut, You may be talking about Pat Frazier. He's an old rambler guy. He has a lo-mile amx and SC/rambler. He has loads of stuff sitting around. I live close to his place off 13 hiway.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hemigeno

I live about 2 hours south of you in Bolivar.

I was just in Bolivar on Saturday, getting my oldest daughter all moved in for college at SBU.

:brickwall:

There was a car show in the town square on Saturday night.  I didn't stop to look, but it looked like there was a purple '70 Coronet or Superbee, and an orange Plymouth B-body sitting there, in addition to the requisite number of GM products.

[/hijack]

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on August 24, 2012, 09:43:00 AM

I was just in Bolivar on Saturday, getting my oldest daughter all moved in for college at SBU.

There was a car show in the town square on Saturday night.  I didn't stop to look, but it looked like there was a purple '70 Coronet or Superbee, and an orange Plymouth B-body sitting there, in addition to the requisite number of GM products.

[/hijack]
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   college years  :icon_smile_big:

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on August 24, 2012, 09:45:20 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on August 24, 2012, 09:43:00 AM

There was a car show in the town square on Saturday night.  I didn't stop to look, but it looked like there was a purple '70 Coronet or Superbee, and an orange Plymouth B-body sitting there, in addition to the requisite number of GM products.

[/hijack]
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   college years  :icon_smile_big:

This is her fourth year there, so it's old hat by now.  Maybe next year I could send her bulky stuff down via UPS??   :scratchchin:  At least this year she's in an apartment so there was no climbing 4 flights of steps while loaded to the gills. :pushup:

Back to rnjump's quest for his Superbird's history....

Arnie Cunningham

There cant be too many birds that were retroed with a white top.  I think there was one pictured in the january 79 dsac newsletter.  Same car maybe?
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

moparstuart

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on August 28, 2012, 02:56:20 PM
There cant be too many birds that were retroed with a white top.  I think there was one pictured in the january 79 dsac newsletter.  Same car maybe?

I know of a B-5 Car here local with white top and interior   :drool5: :drool5:   looks fantastic and kind of the inspiration for me doing the white theme on the birdible .