News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm thinking seriously about selling my Superbird.

Started by hotrod98, August 20, 2012, 12:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I think it's time to make some changes. I have way too many cars and I don't have the time to drive them all. I've driven the bird maybe two or three times all year. I've been dragracing, fourwheeling and I take care of my wife pretty much 24/7.

I'll list it in the classified section soon but thought that I would mention it here first.

Many of you know that I bought the car for my wife who has Alzheimer's. She no longer has any interest in cars whatsoever. She was never able to drive the car but she enjoyed riding in the car. The highlight was our drive around the track at St. Louis in 2010. She was smiling all day long. I wouldn't trade that for the world.

If any of you know someone that would be interested in the car, have them contact me. I think I have the car priced reasonably.

The car has a replacement 440 and trans but has the original dana. It was a yellow, 440, 4 speed, non console bucket seat car. Now it's black and has a six barrel setup with a custom air grabber hood. The car needs nothing. I left the vinyl top off when I repainted it. Other than the hood, it has all of it's original sheet metal including the floors and trunk floor. It had some small rust in the lower quarters but was repaired properly. It's a very solid car that spent the majority of it's life in the south and in southern California. The interior is very nice with new covers and carpet. The car is a blast to drive and it draws a lot of attention. Almost too much attention.

For those of you that don't know the car, it's referred to as the Black Ice Superbird.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Good luck on the sale... I totally understand where you're coming from...  May God bless you.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

GOTWING

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: you know i would love to have the car , but as always no money   :-\
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

A friend of mine asked me if I would regret selling the car. I told him that I regret selling every musclecar I've ever owned. We never really own these cars. We just hold them and care for them until they move on to the next guy.
Right now I'm working on my 70 Challenger R/T SE plum crazy big block car, my 71 Cuda drag car and my 64 Dodge 330 drag car. After that I still have to finish my 70 Gran Coupe and my 71 Cuda that I'm building with a 6.4 modern 392 hemi and 5 speed.
Ultimately, I want to sell all but the two 71 Cudas. Right now I own ten Mopars plus my 09 Challenger and my 10 Mega cab diesel. I can't take care of all of them. It was difficult enough before Sandra became ill.
After I've finished buildng my cars, then I'll start selling off all of my extra parts. I have a large building full of E and B-Body parts. They will all go to one buyer. One price. 

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 20, 2012, 05:33:34 AM
Good luck on the sale... I totally understand where you're coming from...  May God bless you.........

Agreed   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

WINGIN IT

Very cool car ,  I'm sure it will find a good home  :2thumbs:

If I was the next lucky owner, I'd continue the black theme with the brows around the headlights and  black "Plymouth" decals on the quarters.  :D
Might as well make it look MORE sinister..  :naughty:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJ5WING

Larry,
  Im sorry to hear about your being in a position to have to make this decision. I hope everything works out well enough for you to not think about it down the road.

It seems like  only a few days ago you were discussing building a second wing car.
wingless now, but still around.