News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking To Learn About the 383, 440

Started by DadsCharger00, August 21, 2012, 11:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

SO without diving headfirst into things that I don't fully understand, I was hoping someone on here had a book, or knew of a book that I could purchase and read to learn more of the ins, and outs of these mopar engines. I won't be tearing into my engine anytime soon, but before I did I'd like to have some basic knowledge of what I'll be getting into. This gives me time to read up and learn! If ya know of anything let me know! I'd be appreciative! Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

Mancini has the Mopar engine manuals , this covers most aspects of the engines & is written by Larry Shepard from Mopar .

XH29N0G

I picked up three from amzon to start reading a few months ago and they have been interesting reads. They are

Don Taylor "How to rebuild big block mopar engines"
Chuck Senatore "Big Block mopar performance"
Andy Finkbeiner "How to build mas-performance mopar big blocks"

I have also read some other older manuals I had and know there are a number of books others use.  It may be that they will suggest better books than I have suggestes and defer to them on that.  I will also be watching the replies.

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ghoste

I would say those cover it about the best.  Maybe the fsm from Dodge to round it out.

DadsCharger00

That's awesome!  :2thumbs: Thanks! Looks like I'll have some reading to do!