News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pulley's

Started by 71green go, August 19, 2012, 04:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

Ok......been reading about pulleys on some threads here but cant find answers I am looking for....
I have what I assumed was the factory pully's on my 71 440 non AC motor...but cant get them to align
first question I ask is
How do I know the harmonic Balancer is all the way in?........I assume that can cause pulley issues?.......it seems to have bottomed out as it wont go any further...

now I also bought an aftermarket water pump so are all the shaft lengths the same?.....
My bottom pulley has two grooves....

how many combonations of pulleys are there?...........I bought another water pump pulley at Mopar fest but still off by almost 1/2"....

My water pump pulley is 7" diameter and rubs allot on my bottom crank pulley.....I think I would need something in the 6.5 " dia and about 2.25" to center of vgroove .....

wheres the best place to buy pulleys?

thanks!

WHITE AND RED 69

Mancini racing has a good selection of pulleys.   :cheers:

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/strepu.html
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

firefighter3931

Quote from: 71green go on August 19, 2012, 04:57:27 PM

My water pump pulley is 7" diameter and rubs allot on my bottom crank pulley

You have a set of mismatched pullies....the wp & crank pulley should not be touching.

Bouchillion performance sells nice reproduction style pullies or there's allways March Performance if you want billet aluminum.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

71green go

Quote from: firefighter3931 on August 20, 2012, 01:55:11 PM
Quote from: 71green go on August 19, 2012, 04:57:27 PM

My water pump pulley is 7" diameter and rubs allot on my bottom crank pulley

You have a set of mismatched pullies....the wp & crank pulley should not be touching.

Bouchillion performance sells nice reproduction style pullies or there's allways March Performance if you want billet aluminum.

Ron

Ron Thanks again.......I have placed an order with them today....hopefully my problem will be solved....however I am wondering iif the aftermarket waterpump I have is set back further then the original also?

does anyone have measurements of the depth of a waterpump to  where the pulley bolts on?

Chryco Psycho

I have not seen a varience in the after market water pump depth

71green go

Just received my pulleys today from Bouchillion performance......wow they are very nice, fit and aligned perfectly......powered coated it looks like
Highly reccomended
Thanks!!
Steve

firefighter3931

Good stuff Steve !  :2thumbs:

So when are ya gonna fire that beast up ?  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

71green go

I am afraid to ! lol
Actually was just installing rad, tranny lines and such last night........Also bought a Mini starter that fit in perfectly also....
So just some wires under the dash to figure out and I guess I have no other excuse!......I still need an Alternator so will have to figure that out this coming week..