News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What have you done with your Charger lately?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, August 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 21, 2013, 07:56:12 AM
nice. like the color. need a pic in the sunlight too :drool5:

Sunny today. I'm liking the color myself!
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

nvrbdn

absolutely beautiful. that color looks great. good choice. :2thumbs:

white interior??
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1carcrazyguy

Drove it to the Chryslers in the Canyon!  :2thumbs:  Did not even make it 15 miles before taking a rock through the headlight.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

tsmithae

el dub, that is a beautiful color! 

1carcrazy, that really sucks! 
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Fred

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on October 21, 2013, 07:05:10 PM
Drove it to the Chryslers in the Canyon!  :2thumbs:  Did not even make it 15 miles before taking a rock through the headlight.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

What a bummer! Still better the headlight than the body.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on October 21, 2013, 11:14:24 PM
Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on October 21, 2013, 07:05:10 PM

What a bummer! Still better the headlight than the body.

Or grill.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BrianShaughnessy

Got some T5 in the engine compartment today.  :coolgleamA:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

WhiteOnGreen

Recently installed new Mopar Performance valve cover whith Moroso Perm-align rubber gasket, new Firecores spark plug wires :laugh: :drool5: (thanks Ron fast and friendly dealer), blaster 2 coil and new XR5 plugs, now runs great and make difference

Bob T

Fitted a new Accel dizzy, coil and a Rev n Nator. Very impressed with hows its running now, definitely making more power now than it was before.

Win  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

69chargerboy

I've drove the hell out of it! Thats the best part!  :icon_smile_big:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Musicman

Haven't had a lot of time lately, but I did get out there the other day to do the final fit-up work on the drivers floor pan. I had about 30 minutes yesterday, so I cleaned up all the surface rust on the inside of the frame members. I threw some Rust Bullet in there today. I just want to get some kind of protection in there before they get covered by the floor pans again.

Here's a Before and After...
With Rust Bullet in the valleys, I now feel comfortable welding the new floor pan in place.

Bob T

Good effort MM, that'll keep the rust at bay. Keep up the progress.
We made new floor pan sections for mine and cleaned out and re gusseted the rail from the top, what a mission, I dont miss those days  :icon_smile_big:

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

RIDGERACER383

rebuilt the carb
cleaned up the MC
Honed 2 front wheel cylinders
installed new front riveted brake shoes
bled the brakes twice so far
cleaned rust off all front brake parts

1968 Dodge Charger 383 4bbl / 8.75 Rear 3.55

sanders7981

Took out the axels to replace the bearings, installing new mopar leafs, painted the underside with a tintable raptor liner, and waiting for my brake conversion kit to get it. 

Lord Warlock

Decided to quit procrastinating and decided to start unbolting the front part of the motor, every pump, pulley, idler, power steering pump, AC main unit, Radiator, every hose, belt down to the water pump housing.  Have a couple AC hoses i'll have to remove from the firewall connectors.  I plan on pressure washing the inside of the frame, the front of the motor to get built up gunk and oil off, as well as caked on dirt,  then i'll soda blast the Alternator, then repaint the pieces black before remounting.  Hoses are all dryrotted, so will have to reorder replacements for those, will also try to find the right belts for an AC, PS car.

The main purpose of all this is that I've spent the last several years doing the body work and paint, and while i covered some of the motor and firewall, overspray got all over alot of the top of the motor over the years. time to clean it all up and make the engine look as nice as the body is looking now.  Its the first time i've done any major engine disassembly in over 15 years.  Survived with all my fingers intact  and didn't even cut myself getting the radiator out.  Only casualty was the battery which i had sitting on top of the grill support, and it managed to roll off and cracked the case when it hit the cement floor. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Bob T

Adjusted the Holley 750 mech secondary and reset the float levels, hoping to make a difference, have fot our club drags this weekend.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Dino

Dry fitted all my upgraded wiring so it runs exactly where I want it and how I want it.  I am happy to report that measuring 17 times has paid off as all of it fits like a glove!   :2thumbs:   :lol:

Of course I forgot to measure the diameters of the looms so I won't be able to order wiring loom covering just yet.

Also mounted a new starter relay and bought some more goodies such as the proper heater hoses and clamps, a few wiring brackets and an under hood strap kit.  I also installed the Firecore system for now, just to see how everything would look and I'm very happy with it!

I did find out that I can't mount the 70 and up voltage regulator because the PO drilled the holes to accept the bracket way too big and I'm not about ruin a $40+ bracket so looks like I'll be welding the holes shut and re-drilling them....dammit. 

Because the engine bay looks crappy in black and the engine itself has lost some of its orange, I will pull out as much as I can from that engine bay to repaint the whole thing, and the engine and the inside of the hood.  After all this work, may as well make it look good right?   :coolgleamA:

Besides, there's a nasty hole right under the battery tray I would like to repair properly so I may as well do the whole thing.  I hope they rent welders...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

RiverRaider

Over the years the one thing that has caused me problems on my '70 is the fuel gauge.
I Reworked a factory fuel sending unit that had nearly perfect ohm readings so the "clocking"
matched the re pop fuel tank I picked up at Iola many years ago.   It was a tank and sending
unit package that was cheap even back then.  The tank is nice enough but the sending unit
did not work from the start.  And when I put a factory or other re pop sender in it was rotated
and had the float nearly a quarter turn fromwhere is should be. The notches that clocked the
sender on are only correct for the sending unit that came with the tank and was not the same
as other factory or repoped tanks and senders.  Having the tank and sending unit problem
solved I got a new new tail light wiring harness from Megaparts and a NOS fuel gauge from BlueStar.
Now everything works like it should.  Both Megaparts and BlueStar are great to work with.

RiverRaider

My first Charger was a Stock Car.

Musicman

Always good to hear a success story RiverRaider  :2thumbs:

projectanimal

Finally got my old camber bolts freed up so I could replace the upper control arms.  Took a lot of heat and PB blaster, oh, and a LOT of swearing!!  :smilielol:   Also removed the old rusty tie rods and have new ones ready to go.   Hope to start on the install this weekend!   :2thumbs: :cheers:
northwest CT

skyhawk61

A pretty Sunday afternoon, so the Charger and I went to the Dairy Queen.  Managed to get a little Sure-Grip sideways on the 1-2 shift pulling out of the parking lot. Suddenly it's 1970!

JB400

Get rid of the two newer vehicles, and it'd look like it was 1970