News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ford GT40 sets world record price at auction

Started by Ghoste, August 18, 2012, 02:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I don't usually try to get into this too much but this one just astonished me so I had to post it up.  Last night in Monterey, RM sold the Gulf GT40 featured in the Steve McQueen movie LeMans for 11 million US dollars!  That price makes my head spin.

Tilar

I always liked the GT40's. I did some trading and got a GT40 kit car back in the 90's. It had a 350 mounted to a corvair transaxle of all things. The tranny lasted almost halfway through one good burnout.  :smilielol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

squeakfinder

What a bargain....

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Ghoste

Who knows?  It actually could be, bargains are all relative I suppose.  I do know that one is a bit out of my credit rating.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Aero426

Ghoste, have you heard if the 2001 Bentley Lemans car sold?    It is a local car to me and was to be offered by RM on Saturday.  

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on August 18, 2012, 10:41:48 AM
Who knows?  It actually could be, bargains are all relative I suppose.  I do know that one is a bit out of my credit rating.

A lot of beer and pizza, for sure.  That car is #1074.    I can't imagine what #1075, the double Lemans winner would bring if it were offered. 

1974dodgecharger

Ghoste

Quote from: Aero426 on August 18, 2012, 11:28:26 PM
Ghoste, have you heard if the 2001 Bentley Lemans car sold?    It is a local car to me and was to be offered by RM on Saturday.  

I'll know later today.  The auction just ended so everyone is "offline" for the moment and I'm on the other side of the planet.  :lol:

Ghoste

Doug, the Bentley LeMans car sold for 2.5 million.

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on August 19, 2012, 03:41:35 AM
Doug, the Bentley LeMans car sold for 2.5 million.

Thanks.   Not bad for a ten year old used race car.