News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

couple rookie 2nd gen questions

Started by moparsons, February 04, 2006, 07:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparsons

I need to know.... does the dash come apart from the part with the vin number? I'm thinking it does. What I'm asking is can you remove the dash pad and rest of dash leaving the vin and "core" behind? Also is that "core" bolted or welded in?

One more...Are 69 and 70 tail panels exactly the same?

need to know soon if possible.

Thanks a million!!!

Andy

Rolling_Thunder

yes - you can disassemble the dash without removing the main structure....    it is bolted in - one 7/16 bolt on either side by the kick panels and 5 3/8 bolts along the leading edge....   these can only be gotten to by romiving the windshield
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

rare69

you can remove the dash pad without removing entire dash frame. the dash frame is bolted in. the only difference between 69 and 70 tail panels is the 70 has holes for the plastic finish panel that goes around tail lights.

Mike DC

Goodmark is on its way to reproducing the tallight panel.  It's not out yet but they say will exist soon.

moparsons

Thanks guys. i basically knew the answers, but I was trying to prove it to a guy I'm dealing with. Now he believes us and I may have just saved a 69 from getting chopped up and de-vinned. Plus I'm getting it now!!!  :)

Ghoste

:2thumbs:  May the Charger gods smile on you.